Poll: Which form of Lycanroc do you prefer?
This poll is closed.
Midday
25.00%
2 25.00%
Midnight
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Our Most Hilarious Battles! - with 0kamii
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and there's no thumbnail this time because that'd be unnecessary.

I'd like to keep this thread brief because I really want to get into the discussion here and see what everyone has to share. So, like usual, I'll share a few of my own hilarious battles, and hopefully that'll encourage you all to share a few of your own! I have one win and one loss to share, and I think I'll start with my loss.

My Most Hilarious Loss:

[Image: 64eeedb1-2049-4d34-902c-fd26fa4ba7a7.png...C236&ssl=1] [Image: CI7_3DS_PokemonSunMoon_AlolanNinetales_CMM_big.jpg]

So obviously, not all of my friends IRL play Pokémon. Most of them don't even want to battle me if they do because I have a bit of a reputation as being unbeatable. Not sure why, I've been beaten about as much as the next player, but I digress. As such, when I do finally get the opportunity to battle one of my friends, I'm elated. A friend of mine, that shall go unnamed, however seemed to forget that pokémon can hold items during a battle. And as a result, the first turn of one of our tournament matches didn't start so gloriously for him. I sent out my Lycanroc-Midnight form, the one I personally like to use in recs, and he started with Alolan Ninetales. The obvious move was that he was going to set up Aurora Veil, but thankfully, my Lycanroc was the Choice Scarf variant. Thus, I outsped him and his Ninetales went down to a Stone Edge. Following this, he stared at his screen for...maybe two whole minutes, and then finally exclaimed, "WHAT THE FUDGE?!". Fudge wasn't the actual word used. But anyway, the battle eventually ended in my loss thanks to my Haxorus missing an Iron Tail on his Mimikyu. Following this he whipped out his phone and started running Speed Calcs on my Lycanroc and his Ninetales, utterly baffled that I'd outsped him. Soon, it got to the point where he just straight up asked me how I'd outsped him. And boy oh boy, you should've seen the size of his eyes when I mumbled, "Choice Scarf." He then proceeded to facepalm so hard he had a red mark the rest of the tournament, and I couldn't stop laughing. There was even a point when Mtn. Dew came out of my nose. Now that was painful...

My Most Hilarious Win:

[Image: latest?cb=20130704235631] [Image: 7b3d1500ef51698e62c0d03249adedcd--top-ten-polyvore.jpg] [Image: Ey2B_H1PmvK7vb-w0C8NqikS-_bpCQJZTwl9PPnF...-p-k-no-nu]

Hey, uh...@LittleFoxS...sorry for sharing this, but it really is the best one. I was losing a battle against LittleFoxS shortly before the release of Sun and Moon, and he was up by 3 mons. Literally I was down to my Rampardos, and I thought for sure the battle was lost. Did I mention that my Rampardos was also a Choice Scarf variant? Wow, twice in one post. But anyway, it was rather evident that I was losing, and then out of nowhere Rampardos gets a double KO with Rock Slide. Prior to that, I'd be thoroughly thrashed, and LittleFoxS, who was getting a bit too big for his britches at that point, sent out the two mons he had in the back. That being Absol and Gardevoir. Of course, he didn't know my Rampardos was Choice Scarfed. And so I used Rock Slide again...and it crit the Gardevoir and OHKOed the Absol, knocking them both out and winning me the battle. To this day, I don't know if that critical hit mattered, but either way, there's no doubt that victory was luck. It's one of the battles I remember the most fondly, and it's easily the most hilarious win I've ever had.

Well, there you have it. Two of my most hilarious battles! Looking forward to hearing some of the funniest battles you've all experienced in the thread below. Please try and keep it PG, dirty battles aren't funny. And please...battles where you stalled the game until the opponent quit doesn't count. Stall wins aren't funny, they're just annoying.

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Here's my three tags for today's post: @Schaschlik, @Aqua The Sightseeing Feminist, and @Hojunhu. Your question of the day is:

What is the most hilarious battle that you remember, win or lose?

Looking forward to the discussion. Thanks again everyone! Big Grin

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

I can't explain the most hilarious, but these are most certainly the best and most clutch battles I've had!
also i dont know if the code will work, and sorry to those who may not have wanted me to share this if it happens to be you :/
This was an amazing battle with Assault Vest mudsdale and Eviolite Kadabra, i dont know why i did eviolite kadabra though..
TDXW-WWWW-WWW8-5FSW

and this battle was insane, and honestly it was close imo
3QXG-WWWW-WWW8-5FSJ
Oh boy. Time for the Sand Storm Shenanigans story...

Only one of the three very close friends of which I consider brothers plays Pokemon. His name is Steve. Me and Steve battled each other a few times over the generations, mainly in B2/W2 since that was the last Pokemon game before the 3DS series, which neither of us could play since we couldn't afford 3DS's. When Sun/Moon came around, me n Steve decided to both get the games so we could finally battle each other again.

A few weeks later, he just finished his first VGC team - it was a Slush Rush team with Ninetails and Sandslash, and the team I was facing him with just happened to be my Sand Team, so as soon as the match started I was at a disadvantage. However, because I'd been playing competitively for years and had a decent amount of experience, I was able to work my way around the Hailstorm. When it came down my Arcanine and P2 and his lone Garchomp, I was very confident in my odds of winning. "One Ice Beam and it's over," I thought to myself.

But, something horrible happened.

My Arcanine was built in the speedy hard hitting variant since that was popular back then, and actually had a higher speed stat than his chomp, so he launched off a Flare Blitz. It misses. "Dafuq?" I thought, confused. I heard Steve chuckle from across the table. He EQ's and takes out my Arcanine. P2 Ice Beams. It misses. I then hear his signature booming laugh echo throughout the room, and It was then I realized something - his Garchomp was not standard! He was too lazy to chain for Rough Skin, so it had Sand Veil, and was dodging my attacks in the Sand Storm! I accepted my fate, and attempted another Ice Beam to take out his Chomp if he somehow managed to miss his attack, which he didn't. His EQ proved too much for poor little Windows, and I lost the match.

I underestimated Steve's willingness to build decent Pokemon, and paid the price for it. The conversation that followed was a bit uh... dirty, so I won't repeat what was said out of respect for the lovely peoples, but just know that I was NOT HAPPY with the RNG garbage that I experienced in that battle, and he to this day still references it

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
@0kamii That's battle was Tauros feces and we both know it.  F*ckin' Rampardos.
Note to self: check forums AS WELL AS Discord.

I don't remember specifics, but in VGC 2015 I ran Inner Focus mega Kang with Ice Punch. Went slower and bulkier. Was fun to get OHKOs on 4x weak mons like Garchomp and Salamence because they tried to fake out Kanger.

Also, I remember this one a bit better. I was at a MSS in Scarborough back in Feb/March. I was running trick room at the time with Porygon 2 and nobody had really discovered. I had EV'd my P2 to live out any of the common neutral OHKOs. So my opponent goes for the Tectonic Rage from his Garchomp on to my 80% healthy P2 expecting the KO. I live it, and fire back with an ice beam for the KO. I didn't win the match, but we were both in stitches. Good times.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades