Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Hunters UNITE!
Edit 12/22/16 9:53 PM EST

Sun (US) | Ally Chaining
Full List is as follows:

Bounsweet ♀️ @ 32 calls
Corsola ♂️ @ 28 calls (was going for Mareanie)
Fomantis ♀️ @ 669 calls (312 + 357)
Rockruff ♀️ @ 73 calls
Stufful ♂️ @ 166 calls
Feebas ♀️ @ 495 calls
Castform ♀️ @ 176 calls (was going for Exeggcute)
Mareanie ♀️ @ 67 calls (she got dat regenerator)
Pichu ♀️ @ 315 calls

What's with all the females? Yeesh.
What Shiny hunting methods are you using
I usually only use masuda method but im tempted to try other methods c':

What game are you shiny hunting on?
Pokemon Y, Pokemon omega ruby and pokemon sun c:

Your failures?  
nice thing about masuda method, theres a much less chance that your gonna mess up and do something dumb c: so nope!

Your utter devotion and success?
well, not including the genned shiny pokemon ive gotten, imma list all the ones i have that were either  from friends/wondertrade and ones ive gotten myself XD

1: Shiny Mesprit from wontertrade
2: Shiny vulpix through masuda method
3: Shiny shuppet from random encountering (i wasnt even trying XD)
4: Shiny evee from masuda method
5: Shiny mimikyu from trading with a friend

How long Its taking you to find that STUPID SHINY MAGIKARP wonderful Pokemon? 
  well, im currently on the hunt for ANOTHER shiny mimikyu that i can give to my friend, and im about 60 eggs in c: still nothing tho lmao
the shiny vulpix took about 220 eggs, Shiny evee i got while i was trying to get IVs for evee, but instead got a shiny XD that took about 10 eggs i think? and shiny shuppet took just a few random encounters while i was looking for a aipom for my dex XD
 Navi | 19 | Libra | INFJ |  ♀ 
Avid Breeder and Player
Mainly Fairy and Grass type user
Local nintendo nerd
(Dec 15, 2016, 06:11 AM)Hojunhu Wrote: I wouldn't call myself a shiny hunter, but I've hatched 3 shinies while breeding. Zubat and Lapras were kind of failures because I was just trying to get egg moves and hadn't optimized ability or nature so I got like a shiny Lax Lapras and a shiny Zubat with no egg moves. Most recent shiny was a shiny 4IV maril. That one is what I was trying for.

Just look up some guides to fully manifest your fancies on getting the nature/ability/egg moves on your pokemon your wanting shiny. Just a tid bit of info for you for now though,
#1- Making one of the pokemon your breeding with hold an everstone locks in the nature your wanting the baby to have.
#2- Having two parents with around the same perfect IV' and making one hold a destiny maximizes your chances of the baby having it's parents perfect iv'
#3- Use Bulbapedia/seribii/or Pokemon Platnium or Black+White strategy guide to see what pokemon are in which egg groups to see who/which pokemon are compatible in breeding with each other

I hope this helps Wink
My first ever shiny encounter was a random encounter shin snubbul. I got a crit and killed it -_-
I masuda-ed a shiny fennekin (My first ever pokemon, Y being my first pokemon game)
Friend Safari'd a shiny gyarados
Caught a shiny haunter in sun, dropped 3ds, game card came out. Didnt save when I caught it q.q
(Dec 14, 2016, 12:36 PM)DEKU Wrote: So, honestly i have no idea what to write here

Ok, I wanted to Make a thread on General Shiny pokemon Discussion (because I Cannot find one). Um,
I want this to be a place where Shiny hunters can Talk about all things about shiny Pokemon

ex. What Shiny hunting methods are you using
[font]Pearl/ HeartGold/ Y/ Alpha Sapphire/ Moon[/font]
     Your failures?  
Only 1, an accidental SR over a shiny Wimpod
     Your utter devotion and success?
Lots and lots just for completing the dex 3 multiple times, and then 2 years getting a trainer ID and Secret ID atleast 10 apart from eachother on Pearl and HeartGold (This method for Shiny Hunting is a method of Getting Shiny Pokemon ~20% of the time called "Cute Charm") If anyone is curious about it feel free to ask me.
     How long Its taking you to find that STUPID SHINY MAGIKARP  wonderful Pokemon? 
After finding out about the Time Machine Method for shinies, it took me 3 days to find the shiny magicarp (338th egg) and then another 3 days to get my Shiny Adamant Minoir, which I'll use bottle caps on to make its IV's perfect.
     And so on

Everyone is invited here.
If you need anything Feel free to PM me!

And remember this is a freindly communiety and manners would be appriciated. Thank you!

If anyone is interested, feel free to message me.
(Dec 18, 2016, 12:28 AM)Sylveon Wrote: Edit 12/22/16 9:53 PM EST

Sun (US) | Ally Chaining
Full List is as follows:

Bounsweet ♀️ @ 32 calls
Corsola ♂️ @ 28 calls (was going for Mareanie)
Fomantis ♀️ @ 669 calls (312 + 357)
Rockruff ♀️ @ 73 calls
Stufful ♂️ @ 166 calls
Feebas ♀️ @ 495 calls
Castform ♀️ @ 176 calls (was going for Exeggcute)
Mareanie ♀️ @ 67 calls (she got dat regenerator)
Pichu ♀️ @ 315 calls

What's with all the females? Yeesh.

What's with all the females? Have you seen the Cute Charm Glitch in action? For me I can only get females, doesn't help me get a Gallade or any of the tyrouge lines Sad
Pokemon Moon

How long Its taking you to find that STUPID SHINY MAGIKARP  wonderful Pokemon? 
750 eggs for a shiny Mimikyu  Undecided
 Just give yourself to love! Love love love love--NO!