Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Hunters UNITE!
  • What Shiny hunting methods are you using
    In the past, I liked Masuda method the best. Mindless egg hatching, ez competitive mons, usually got a shiny after 400 eggs or so. In oras, of course. So far in Moon, I haven't done any shiny hunting yet, so I can't really have an opinion yet. I assume I'll still like Masuda.

• What game are you shiny hunting on?
    Moon when I get all the stuffs needed.

• Your failures?
    I've never failed, if you mean messing up a shiny capture (rip adrive soft resetting a shiny cyndaquil)
    I have failed on getting proper IV's on mons however... Had a shiny golett hatch with only 18 attack IV's... Sad cuz I really wanted a good one, ended up trading it.

• Your utter devotion and success?
    Shiny Vulpix. Golden curl tails sooo gud. Plus both abilities would have been noice. It came out 5IV missing attack, twas perfect. Also my 2 shiny gardevoirs... both male but idc. Also perfect.

• How long Its taking you to find that STUPID SHINY MAGIKARP wonderful Pokemon?

I hatched over 1000 eggs on a shiny mudkip on oras.... with Masuda and shiny charm odds mind ye.

• And so on

I love thomas the tank engine, hes so fast, its thomas the tank engine. T.. thomas the tank engine.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Masuda Method.
I am enjoying Masuda Method the most. As you stated, it is easy to get competitive shiny Pokemon. I've also had a lot of luck so far. I got a shiny Rowlet in 47 eggs and a shiny Popplio in 44 eggs.
Pokemon Moon.
I started shiny hunting on Moon after I got the Shiny Charm. I tend to alternate between shiny hunting and the Battle Tree. I am attempting to collect every stamp as well.
No shiny failures, so far.
I don't remember failing to capture any shiny Pokemon. The closest I got to was in Pokemon X, when I found a shiny Geodude. It almost got knocked out by the other Geodude and their Magnitude.
My most successful has to be Ho-Oh.
It was my first time shiny hunting for a legendary. It has a beautiful colour scheme and it was satisfying once I captured it.
My longest shiny hunt has been for Type: Null.
It took my 1,239 soft resets (around 19 hours) to get Type: Null shiny, with the Shiny Charm, which is not too bad. I made sure to Synchronise it as well for Adamant nature.
What Shiny hunting methods are you using?
I always liked Pokerader and Dexnav in XY and ORAS respectively. When I am only wanting to pay half attention I like Masuda method. I always disliked chain fishing just never got the hang of it.

What game are you shiny hunting on?
Nothing yet but I will get my shiny charm in Sun soon so I will start something, I did however catch 2 so far one because I wanted to try S.O.S which was cubone and the other a Bewear while leveling up.

Your failures?
 In Leaf Green I ran into a Machoke and back then they didn't sparkle (and were rarer...) and thought huh never realized the markings on there arms where blue always thought they where red then proceeded to run into a normal one and found out what shiny Pokemon were later that day...I was such an upset middle schooler Smile

Your utter devotion and success?
Got a 10k SR suicune which was the wrong nature, I only went for HA clefairy on the dexnav and a few hundred later it was shiny with opposite nature that I wanted with terrible IVs, I did found a magikarp on my first Dexnav search with HA and 3 IVs with nature I wanted that was cool also got a Poliwag in chain 2 while chain fishing. 60 eggs for a shiny totadile without HA. Shiny squirtle in 400 eggs. Shiny ho oh in 2k SR

How long Its taking you to find that STUPID SHINY MAGIKARP  wonderful Pokemon? 
First I have to get that shiny charm I am so far 95% done Smile.
Shiny hunting methods?

In the past I've used HE and CF extensively with some pokeradar success. Currently using Masuda

Pokémon Moon 

Failures?

Ive ran from 3 shiny zigzagoon while looking for a shiny nincada. Not too bummed though because I still have like 5.

Utter devotion and success

Still devoted to finding that nincada sometime. Most successful hunt was for shiny Furfrou. I love that black poodle.
(Dec 14, 2016, 12:36 PM)DEKU Wrote: What Shiny hunting methods are you using
SOS battlng
Moon, AS, OR, Y
I got a shiny smeargle with a chain of 73 and a 97 chain bagon
Oh boy. So far, it's taken a 359 chain in AS, a 401 chain in OR, and a 75 chain in Moon and I still don't have that shiny eevee...
What Shiny hunting methods are you using

ally/S.O.S method

moon

Your failures?

grubbin and THAT DAMN pichu  Angry Angry Angry
Currently derping around in Sun, using a Kartana as an ally sweeper.

My only failure so far is that I gave up looking for a shiny Mareanie because Corsola are evil.

As for successes:
Bounsweet @ Ally Call 32 (God Save the Queen)
Corsola @ Call 28 (eeeeevil)
Fomantis @ Call 669 (swiggity swooty)
Rockruff @ Call 73 (Blue's Clues reference)
Stufful @ Call 166 (I'm coming for that booty tag)

Currently chaining Feebas @ 32 calls whilst grinding Speed EVs.
Thumbs Up 
I got 2 shinies yesterday I got Eevee at 70 eggs and Alomomola on a 14 fishing chain
I catch an shiny ditto while I whas hunting for an 6IV Ditto in Pokémon Sun.
(Dec 14, 2016, 12:36 PM)DEKU Wrote: So, honestly i have no idea what to write here

Ok, I wanted to Make a thread on General Shiny pokemon Discussion (because I Cannot find one). Um,
I want this to be a place where Shiny hunters can Talk about all things about shiny Pokemon

ex. What Shiny hunting methods are you using
     Your failures?  
     And so on

Everyone is invited here.
If you need anything Feel free to PM me!

And remember this is a freindly communiety and manners would be appriciated. Thank you!

Shiny Hunting methods- I've practically used every method there is to date (aside from poke radar or sky encounters, that is STILL my bane to this day no shinies from it neither Angry ) Sos method, friend safari, freaking one encounter accidentals (got a shiny carbink on my moon today Cool ), horde encounters, Masuda Method, dex nav (diving, cave, grass shinies so far), soft reset. Even now encouraged to go full odd shiny hunting on my soulsilver once I get a better copy because the one I have has a tendency to freeze frequently

Games I shiny hunt on- Pokemon X, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, and soon to be soulsilver

Failures- I have 3 fails to date. My #1 was when i had a copy of gbs silver. I was on my way to the pokemon league via tohjo falls and I was about to exit onto kanto. RIGHT as I was about to go outside, boom a shiny golbat Huh this was pretty much my face & didn't give it much thought & being a gullible and naive child I ran away. As soon as I stepped outside I realized what I done and scorned life itself for such a misdeed.

#2 Was on my pokemon X. I was in my friend safari, on the hunt for a shiny shuppet. I was still in the service at this time and was talking to one of my battle buddies. I turn back to my 3ds and BOOM shiny dusclops appears. I was really tense and didn't want to fail a good looking shiny catch & made sure my empoleon had my same sympathy being 30+ levels higher than it. So I go into a metal claw, doesn't crit and JUST made it to exactly half yellow HP. Threw a great ball 2nd turn, didn't get the click... frick. 3rd turn, tosses a ultra ball, pops out on the 3rd roll Undecided REALLY? Here's the show stopper, the mofo curses. CURSES, Dusclops is a ghost type so that means half it's HP is gone right? Right?? RIGHT??? Empoleon had metal clawed it to yellow hp so guess what? That shiny dusclops cursed ITSELF Dusclops Angel -_-
#3 Was on my pokemon platinum. I was just crossing through the mount coronet to get to my first badge and boom a shiny geodude shows it's face. "I didn't want to kill it" was in my mind so I had my butterfree silver wind it... crit AND dead shiny geodude.

Devotion- As any other shiny hunter there is out there. Just gotta buckle down on one method you like to do in particular because just cause you shiny hunt, doesn't mean that your going to have the patience to hunt in every single method that there is to hunt for. Mind in particular are MM, friend safari, diving dex naving, and soft resetting. I'm starting to grow on poke radar & sos method though. The hunt for my shiny smeargle on my Moon was loads of fun and rewarding once it decided to show up Wink

Success- I have over a box full of shinies on my X, halfway on my Alpha Sapphire, and Only just two on my Moon

Most elongated hunt- The longest hunt was for my favorite starter, Totodile. I love totodile to death but this mofo was my longest hunt in any pokemon game I've played to date. I was mesuda methoding for it too and he took no lie.... 5,386 eggs to get. I feel safe to say, I'm staying away from MM method for a LONG TIME. And I mean LOOOONNNNG