Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Tentacruel sets
What are some effective tentacruel sets that you've run and it worked out well.
curious to see what other people are running.
I've decided to try:
-Toxic Spikes   
-Sludge Bomb   
-Supersonic   
-Hydro Pump

Edit: :::
-Supersonic      -> Confuse Ray
-Hydro Pump    -> Scald
-Sludge Bomb   -> Rapid Spin
-Toxix Spikes
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze/Acid Spray
While I don't play as much, tentacruel is a great fairy-type check with access to both rapid spin and toxic spikes so it can spin away hazards while setup its own. Fairly certain most sets have scald for the burn chance and residual damage so change it from hydro pump. Poison stab is generally not needed much, but if you want it does have access to anti setup moves such as haze and acid spray. Haze resets all stat modifications to zero while acid spray can reduce the special defense of a target, leaving if vulnerable for strong special moves. Guess an offensive tentacruel can work with ice beam to hit dragon-types, but note the damage output is kinda poor due to that 80 SpA.

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray / Haze / Ice Beam / Sludge Bomb or Wave
- Toxic Spikes
(Sep 13, 2016, 08:03 PM)Black117 Wrote: While I don't play as much, tentacruel is a great fairy-type check with access to both rapid spin and toxic spikes so it can spin away hazards while setup its own. Fairly certain most sets have scald for the burn chance and residual damage so change it from hydro pump. Poison stab is generally not needed much, but if you want it does have access to anti setup moves such as haze and acid spray. Haze resets all stat modifications to zero while acid spray can reduce the special defense of a target, leaving if vulnerable for strong special moves. Guess an offensive tentacruel can work with ice beam to hit dragon-types, but note the damage output is kinda poor due to that 80 SpA.

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

This set is cool too
(Sep 13, 2016, 08:03 PM)Elly Wrote:
(Sep 13, 2016, 08:03 PM)Black117 Wrote: While I don't play as much, tentacruel is a great fairy-type check with access to both rapid spin and toxic spikes so it can spin away hazards while setup its own. Fairly certain most sets have scald for the burn chance and residual damage so change it from hydro pump. Poison stab is generally not needed much, but if you want it does have access to anti setup moves such as haze and acid spray. Haze resets all stat modifications to zero while acid spray can reduce the special defense of a target, leaving if vulnerable for strong special moves. Guess an offensive tentacruel can work with ice beam to hit dragon-types, but note the damage output is kinda poor due to that 80 SpA.

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

This set is cool too

I like this approach better, i may as well change it to scald and use rapid spin. (i might take out sludge bomb)