Poll: Did you think 'Oai'i' was a real name?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
61.54%
8 61.54%
No...
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] The IGN Explanation Thread! - with 0kamii
Well my main ign, stephenWITNESS, is my name + the band I was in back in school. I'm pretty bad at coming up with nicknames so I stuck with it for like the last 5 years or so. V E L V E T is a throwback to Ogloza's raids, back when he actually used to stream Pokémon (badly). When I bought my version of X I didn't want to use the same name as my main game in Y so I used it instead and I've keep using it as my name in my second run through of a game since.
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
I love kitties. Smile  Fuzzy-wuzzy cuddly purrbabies. Smile  I've been using it as a nickname/ign since I was like 12.
My IGN has some meaning. The word "moo" comes from the noise a cow makes. I thought "oink", "roar", or "baa" wouldn't be a great name, but for some reason, I thought moo would be. I included 311 because it's a mixture of my 2 lucky numbers, 31 and 1. I've had this nickname for a couple of years now.
Lool this is all just too funny xP

My name irl is Cole, when I was a kid and Ruby came out my dad was like why don't you ever use your real name in videogames so it's kinda like to honor him, so I used it in oras as well. Jaden was the name I used in the Orre games cause Yu-Gi-Oh GX was on at the time and I was super into it xD so when XY came out in 3D I figured it only made sense to use my name from the first 3D Pokemon game. Finally wartty (lower case w) I used on my YouTube account wayyyy back in like 2006 and I've always stuck with it for online stuff, it's never taken :p so when I started playing online more and sun came out it was only nature
Dont know why I never thought to put this here...
All your Hidden Ability needs in one place <3
Wow, I'm impressed!

I leave for a few hours and come back to see over 200 views and 20+ replies! Great job, everyone! I'm glad to see the discussion starting between everyone. This is all I ever wanted! Big Grin

Also, @Kris and @RetroTyphlosion, thank you. My name is a unique one, isn't it? Also, yes, Joei is technically my name. But it's a nickname I go by because Oai'i is usually hard for people to pronounce.

Hey, @Uri! Glad you could join us.

@Zhovul All of them!

Let's keep the thread going! What other IGNs can we share?

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Man, I wish I had a cool reason. My real name is Dylan, (after folk legend Bob Dylan) and I usually go by my middle name, Scott, when it comes to online stuff. So, my GT is ScottyThunder and my Pokémon IGN is my nickname, Scotty.

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
My IGN, Tamashi, is from a character of mine that my friend helped name. While I am female, he is male and is half nine-tailed fox. I haven't though up a good story that won't make him edgy sounding, but he's pretty cocky and smiles all the time. The name Tamashi came from Google translate. I like doing that to name characters, but it's hard sometimes. So, my friend sitting across from me suggested "Soul". I went with it. The actual spelling is Tamashī, but that gets hard to type so I went with Tamashi. I use his name a lot, actually ^^'
My real name is Taziyah which isn't a very well known name, i started using it in moon simply because my friend put my actual name at the start of the game and i was to lazy to restart it Tongue .

Throughout all the game's I've played i would use fang, sonic, and finally Sharkfang.

I got the name Sharkfang from the movie finding nemo although after recently re watching the movie with my nephew i realized they weren't saying Sharkfang Huh
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
A long long time ago when i was playing L2, Uriel has born after 12 maybe 13 years of war evolves into Uri, ppl just call me Uri and so it was today, personally i think its good IGN easy to remmeber quick to be written just simple ^^
I have used my first name, and my middle name. I have also used Korah, a shortened version of chakora which is a mythical bird in Hindu mythology that rests on moonbeams. I have used names starting with G, since my middle name[the one I have always went by in my personal life] starts with the same letter. I have taken my full name and used the existing letters to make other names, such as Doran, and Lonan, Vesper is a french name meaning star or celestial if I recall and I have used that as well. I try to have a different one each game, to differentiate what game the pokemon came from but at the same time I wonder if I should stick with the same name for consistency. Using the trainer ID to tell the games apart. Though I think the unique names for each game give it a fresh feel each time. And if I were to use the same name for each there would be that sense of continuation. So I draw from various sources each time.