Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2017 Team Help
This is my first time making a VGC team. I have been looking all over the forums and I tried to follow the RMT as well. Also tried to cover weaknesses the best I could, but I feel like something is missing. On pokemon showdown tailwind, trickroom, and kartanas still give me trouble. Sometimes I can do things against them, but other times I just feel helpless. 

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Snow Warning  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Protect  
- Freeze-Dry  
- Aurora Veil  
- Blizzard

It handles Garchomps exteremely well. Makes the team bulkier overall, and can destroy water types. Mainly to outspeed most of the common pokemon

Nihilego @ Life Orb  
Ability: Beast Boost  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Sludge Bomb  
- Power Gem  
- Protect  
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Can OHKO the tapus, and some variants of Garchomp. Though extremely frail and may be more of a liability.

Arcanine @ Firium Z  
Ability: Intimidate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Wild Charge  
- Protect  
- Close Combat

Great at dealing with Kartana's and Celesteela's. 

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers  
Ability: Misty Surge  
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Calm Mind  
- Protect  
- Moonblast  
- Muddy Water

Bulky so it's usually a safe switch in and helps with ground types. Is able to tank Koko, Lele, and Chomp. Though was thinking about changing Fini for someone else.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry  
Ability: Gluttony  
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Return  
- High Horsepower  
- Curse  
- Protect

There to mainly handle Trick Room so I don't get obliterated. Also able to Tank a lot of physical moves.

Tapu Bulu @ Miracle Seed  
Ability: Grassy Surge  
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Superpower  
- Wood Hammer  
- Horn Leech  
- Protect

To handle ground types and water types when I cannot bring Ninetales, can survive a lot of pokemon who do not get STAB from poison jab.
Despite the lack of descriptions, I will try to rate the team as best as possible, but only with the information presented to me. Next time, try to provide as much information as possible as honestly the rate and some suggestions might seem out of the blue. That said, the team there does have a solid foundation with Alolan Ninetales, Snorlax, Tapu Fini, and Arcanine as this quartet is just one the best cores seen in the early format. One of the things I've noticed about this team is its weakness to Alolan Muk, Kartana, Celesteela, and even opposing Garchomp (if you don't bring Ninetales). Do think that the Nihilego and the Tapu Bulu are out of place and only invite these Pokemon to be brought against you, especially Alolan Muk. In terms of your Trick Room matchup, I don't see a way your team beats Belly Drum Snorlax without "Snorlax" setuping or Arcanine using something like Roar even to prevent Trick Room or any stat boosts. Do believe this team needs more offensive pressure to be able to hit TR before it can become a threat. Same with Tailwind, though in this case you have to strategically use your own defensive and offensive mons to be able to combat the initial offense and clean up afterward.

I'd say for replacements, consider Garchomp for sure with the following set:

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 60 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 140 SpD / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Here you are able to setup Sword Dance allow immensely threaten almost anything with Tectonic Rage given with the STAB and the potential +2 Boost. You can change the last slot, Rock Slide to something like Fire Fang or Poison Jab so you can threaten things like Kartana or Tapu Bulu, but that's all I can say.

Drifblim @ Misty Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 124 Def / 204 SpA / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Tailwind
- Swagger / Disable / Skill Swap
- Haze

This Driflbim set is ment to give your team Tailwind support and a good check to Snorlax. Decided to make the Drifblim more offensive to be able to 2HKO more frail Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko with the Shadow Ball. Haze is for any form of setup you might encounter such as Curse Lax or Evoboost teams which are practically annoying to face. The third moveslot is honestly up for preference as they can help the team effort in their own way. Swagger takes advantage of the Misty Terrain and gives your offensive mons +2 attack without confusion. Disable does exactly that and removes the previous moveslot the target has used from play. Finally Skill Swap is fun to try to reset the Terrain, reactivate Intimidate, or remove any ability a certain opposing on relies on.