Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Top 5 Newcomers for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN AS SUPER SMASH BROS IS COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH! Here's 5 newcomers I'd like in the upcoming title.

1. Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie

[Image: Banjo_Kazooie_Cover.png]

Banjo is a gaming legend and of the Titans of the N64 era. With Banjo-Kazooie being one of Rare's beloved franchises Banjo would be the best option for retro gaming fans. The moveset would be really easy to work with and alts would be fun to see, plus the music, the music would be perfect for Smash. #BringBackBanjo

2. Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight

[Image: latest?cb=20150331161637]

Indie games have seen a rise in popularity as of late, and none moreso than Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight is a great pick for Smash, not only being amazingly well received in the states but also in Japan, getting his own Amiibo, I think it's finally time for his debut in Smash.

3. Amaterasu from Okami

[Image: OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg]

Okami has been on Nintendo systems with Okami HD coming to the Nintendo Switch, and Amaterasu has seen her appearance as a fighter in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Amaterasu would be a really unique character with attacks being based around her Celestial Brush, Reflector and a glorious Final Smash with Sunrise, Amaterasu deserves a spot in Smash. (Right @0kamii?)

4. Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You

[Image: The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg]

TWEWY was originally released on the Nintendo DS and is seeing a remaster on the Switch. Neku is a fantastic character loved by many. I've said that Amaterasu would be a unique character with movesets based on brush techniques, and that Banjo would have a bunch of moves to work with, well Neku has literally 300+ moves to build a moveset from, talk about unique! It's definitely time for Neku to get in Smash, let's just hope he beats this Game too.

5. King K. Rool from The Donkey Kong series

[Image: King_K._Rool_DK64.png]

​​​​​​​What is the Smash roster lacking? Villains, and Heavyweights. No character who fits that role is more deserving of the Smash addition than King K. Rool, the big bad from Donkey Kong. Blunderbuss in hand, he's got a quirky demeanor and is a fan favorite, alts for him are easy to make, and he could have the funniest Final Smash in the game. It's time bring K Rool back!
OU MASTER RACE
@0kamii @TheAlmightySancho @RetroTyphlosion Who do you want to see in Smash 5?
OU MASTER RACE
It's not massively Smash style, but I'd like to see more of those popular yet minor side characters. They don't always feature long in a game, but sometimes they can be very memorable.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
what if you don't play smash

don't kill me i beg you
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Well, just ignore it?
OU MASTER RACE
Personally what i think would be cool is if they took some other game company logos and put them back in. like how they put sonic and Snake in Brawl (which by the way snake should totally make a comeback). im not saying its a great idea, but it would definetly spice things up. we've had plenty of other smash clones before like playstation all stars battle royale for example. but i think it would be interesting to see a sony or microsoft character get thrown in. i think we got alot to choose from. idk what would you think is a good idea? Id like to see one of the older ones get thrown in. You know like Crash or Spyro. since were having the N.Sane Trilogy coming to the switch , i think Crash as a DLC character would be pretty Cool to see. dont you?
(Mar 13, 2018, 03:08 PM)Umbreon9004 Wrote: Personally what i think would be cool is if they took some other game company logos and put them back in. like how they put sonic and Snake in Brawl (which by the way snake should totally make a comeback). im not saying its a great idea, but it would definetly spice things up. we've had plenty of other smash clones before like playstation all stars battle royale for example. but i think it would be interesting to see a sony or microsoft character get thrown in. i think we got alot to choose from. idk what would you think is a good idea? Id like to see one of the older ones get thrown in. You know like Crash or Spyro. since were having the N.Sane Trilogy coming to the switch , i think Crash as a DLC character would be pretty Cool to see. dont you?

i doubt they would add characters that aren't from nintendo games but spyro would be sweet
[Image: Cloud_SSB4.png]@"yung lord"
OU MASTER RACE
fair point but wasnt cloud in kingdom hearts at some point? so i guess it kinda counts as a nintendo character maybe?

if this means that they'll include more non nintendo characters though im pretty hyped
@Kris 

While I'm not particularly good at Smash, I've always wanted to see Wolf O'Donnell included in the game. I know that we already have Fox and Falco, but I think Wolf would fit the part too. I know he was playable in Brawl, and I want him back soooo much! Another character(s) I wouldn't mind seeing added to the Smash roster, other than my girl Amaterasu that is, would be Alm or Celica from Fire Emblem Echoes. Preferrably Celica, since Alm isn't a Lord Class. We have a lot of FE characters already, so I doubt they'd add more. No one can beat Ike, though. The Tellius games are the best!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder