Poll: Do you think the evil team leader would be the protagonist or the rival?
This poll is closed.
Protagonist
66.67%
2 66.67%
Rival
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What if...
Question 
So I've been thinking for a long while about what kinds of ideas for Pokémon-related roleplays with my friends I'd have, and I came up with a prompt that I think is rather interesting.
So, we all know how the bane of every evil team is a ten-to-twelve-year-old kid, right?
What if that kid just so happened to be the leader of an evil team?

What are your ideas about this? How do you think this would fit into a game? Do you like the idea?
Ok, this actually could be a good plot line...

Say you, the protagonist, was the evil organization leader. You spend your time beating gyms and catching Pokemon in an attempt to become more and more powerful. Your rival is actually the good guy (think of  a character like Hau, who might be your father or some other adult), and works to take back the gyms you've conquered. Eventually, the game climaxes in a battle against your rival, which is rigged so that you will lose. You then realize your faults, disband the organization, and work to beat the Elite Four in a legitimate fashion.

Holy smokes, I really want to show this to Game Freak...
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
@RetroTyphlosion 
I'm a full-blown villain supporter in any scenario, and I can't handle the idea of becoming a good guy...
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Mar 3, 2018, 12:21 PM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: @RetroTyphlosion 
I'm a full-blown villain supporter in any scenario, and I can't handle the idea of becoming a good guy...

Sancho already said it all.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
I really like @RetroTyphlosion's idea.
But if we were to keep the protag as a villain, maybe we could have them beat the elite four honestly and then bring about a second uprising of the evil team?
I smell a fangame...
What do you guys think?
@TheAlmightySancho @Dova
Alright so heres my big ol' idea. Theres a Large organization of bad guys in a region, and the Protag is a sorta 'heir to the throne'. When he/she takes power many leave and to regain their respect and grow said organization to glory again you must beat all the Gyms. The rival could be an elder and more respected vetran of the vilan organization. You fight a battle right before the E4 that you cant win and he pushes you away and assumes the role of leader. You now have nothing but your Pokemon and your gym badges. You challenge the E4 and once you win the Champ takes you under his wing and helps you fight the evil team. Finally you defeat your rival and, to the surprise of your new-found friend, you sit on the throne and order all of the remaining grunts to destroy the champ. At this point youv you've eliminated the strongest obsticles in your path and taken your rightful place as leader. That sound decent @ToxicTarrn
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
(Mar 3, 2018, 01:23 PM)Dova Wrote: Alright so heres my big ol' idea. Theres a Large organization of bad guys in a region, and the Protag is a sorta 'heir to the throne'. When he/she takes power many leave and to regain their respect and grow said organization to glory again you must beat all the Gyms. The rival could be an elder and more respected vetran of the vilan organization. You fight a battle right before the E4 that you cant win and he pushes you away and assumes the role of leader. You now have nothing but your Pokemon and your gym badges. You challenge the E4 and once you win the Champ takes you under his wing and helps you fight the evil team. Finally you defeat your rival and, to the surprise of your new-found friend, you sit on the throne and order all of the remaining grunts to destroy the champ. At this point youv you've eliminated the strongest obsticles in your path and taken your rightful place as leader. That sound decent

I love it.
Definitely smell a fangame.