3 11.54%
Giveaway the same amount of Pokemon, but only use the gts
69.23%
18 69.23%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What should I do?
In my first giveaway, I distributed the pokemon through gts, while I direct traded with some people. In my second giveaway, I'm distrubuting the pokemon by both direct trade and gts. While direct trading might seem like a time saver, it's really not. There's all of the inconvenience with people asking for direct trades while I'm not online when I'm not online, like if I'm not offline and you request to trade in an hour. I just want the opinion of the community. Please vote on the poll above. Should I do smaller giveaways through gts or solve the problem by using my solution. Here's my solution.

My Idea:
1) If somebody requests while I'm offline, I give them a non-shiny and completely battle useless version of the pokemon (Including direct trades).
2) When I direct trade, I don't trade all of the pokemon at the same time. I only trade maybe half of the pokemon and do the rest on gts.
3) Spread out the giveaway over half of a year.

I would, personaly, like to use my own idea, but it all depends on the user's votes.
I think maybe you should give less pokemon, like only 4, and give them only when you are online byGTS or direct trade (with only a max. of 4 pokemon would be easier and faster), if someone requests them when you are offline = NO pokemon for them.
And maybe 2 weeks instead of 1, because I think half of a year it's a lot of time.

That's my opinion, and thank you for your giveways man.  :D
Hey moo311 first of I just wanna say thanks for doing these giveaways. I got 1 of each of the Pokemon from the one your finishing up today. I got them all through the gts. I found there was lots of time to get each one. Your super fast at responding when you are online. You just do what u wanna do. Keep up the good work. Thanks very much!
Hello Moo, firs of all i want to sy that im realy enjoyng your giveaway and i recognise the effort your having to make all of this possible. then so about the inconvenience of some users is clear that most of the guys who make wrong requests just do it because they dont read the post entirely.
About the options you posted. i believe tht #1 would only be effective if there was imposible to request an direct trade for the pokemon. if the requester sees that the pokemon isnt shiny he just wont trade. #2 look realy realy witout a point and #3 although it would be less pressure aplied over you overall the time making it would just be insane.
On my point of viel the ideal solution for the problem would be OR #4 only gts trades or #5 only direct trades pre scheduled with a limited amount of players.

(sorry for my bad english :P)
only using GTS is still my suggestion. whether or not they got the pokemon. if their pokemon getting sniped, they can update their deposited pokemon using new post i guess.
Moo, you are the MVP with these insane giveaways. So if you need to tone it down a little to make it more manageable, that's totally okay. I think you should do only a small handful of Pokemon at a time, use GTS exclusively, and extend the time period so that you don't have to huslte so hard. Just my two cents.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
I completely agree with @Chawizawd. I wouldn't even mind exclusively using GTS. I honestly only asked for direct trades cause I didn't think too many were asking for them.. but whatevers ^_^ Definitely give yourself more time though.. it can be stressful doing so much at once
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Yeah, I encountered almost the same exact problems as you are lol; some people who live in different time zones always have the inconvenient timing (in most parts). When I provide a giveaway, I always consider of make a poll on a specific Pokemon rather than groups like you are doing. It's cool, but hard to manage depending on the demand :D Like the more you supply the Pokemon in that giveaway, the more likely people would demand for their collection

Just consider what kind of trade format should you make a giveaway based on. For example, the stage 1 starters you provided this week I personally believe are snipe-able in the GTS; make a direct trade. Unless you are fast enough to answer the people in the GTS as quick as possible, then I have no complaints there.

Stage 3 (or stage 2) Pokemon are in the GTS b/c they're not quite much often being sniped, depending on the people who provide the request description. I encountered some ppl who didn't specify the traded 'mon I provided in the giveaway (mostly the gender and the leveling cap); they just simply request it w. the required message simply b/c they expect me to be quick as possible lol.

Your giveaways are great, just provide a level cap as well, so that people won't have to worry about being sniped (at least for the most parts). Before resorting to direct trade, give them like 2-3 chances of depositing a pkmn in the GTS. They're just nice people who want the greatest experience in Pokemon before Sun and Moon comes out, that's all.
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
yeah like what the other guys said (and i voted for it); lessen the number of pokemon you are giving away. I didn't get all the pokemons you were giving away at the previous one because i too don't have the luxury of time to request them all. dont know how much hustle it was to giveaway so many pokemons, so kudos to you man for the effort. keep it up!
My idea:

I think the  best way to do this givaways is giving a maximum of 2 pokémon per week.
Why is that? Because you can do all trades by GTS and not missing anyone, even the ones that doesn't live in your country area, besides you don't have to be online all day and not wasting your time.

Other idea:

Give an hour by your time zone (and the amout of time you'll be online: "every day at 8PM to 9PM I'll be givin' the pokémon")  do all the givaways with any quantity of pokémon. Trade via GTS or personal trade and do it aways and exclusively when you're online (including the requests have to be online).

Love for Squirtle :3