Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Where Does Your Username Come From?
(Nov 22, 2018, 10:13 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @Hikikomari Thanks for the nice discussion!

As a matter of fact, I often get asked why I have a waterfall-related username since I claim to be a hardcore Fire-type enthusiast. Well, let me reword a bit the story I originally wrote here.

My username is a reference to the boy in my profile picture, a fictional character I created for a Pokemon tabletop RPG campaign that I played with my friends over four years. The main story was set in Kanto fifty years in the future, that is, fifty years after Red became the champion in Gen I.

In the story, this boy is named Black Waterfall. Born and raised in Cerulean city, Black is the successor to the Waterfall family, a powerful family that over the past decades gained fame and projection in the Pokemon world as top tier Water-type trainers. In fact, the under the influence of their power, Waterfall family became so powerful that the head of the family, took up the position of the new Water-type gym leader after Misty's retirement.

Naturally, the head of the family had great hopes that his son could become his successor as the next gym leader. Unfortunately for him, his son, Black, has always been a hopeless Fire-type lover since the day he was born, the black sheep of the family. What's worse, for the shame of the family, as soon as Black turned eleven, he left home with a Charmander as his starter.

Black had only one life goal: to become the next Fire-type gym leader and defeat his father to prove Fire-type Pokemon’s worth! He was also addicted to a fictional TV series called 'Rapidash Raiders' about cool Old West cowboys riding Rapidashes (that explains his cowboyish style).

In a sense, I think that 'Waterfall' fits Black very well too, because Black's aim in life is to make Water-type Pokemon fall! Playing as Black was so fun for me that I unconsciously took over his identity as a Pokemon player myself!

Wow, I love this reason, that's super cool!
I was also unaware this was used as a previous question for Meet and Greets, though March is a ways behind us so I hope it's okay to start another thread based solely for this and include people who have joined since then such as myself or people who weren't aware of or didn't answer the question then but want to join in now.

Messages In This Thread
Where Does Your Username Come From? - by Hikikomari - Nov 22, 2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Where Does Your Username Come From? - by Hikikomari - Nov 22, 2018, 10:26 PM
RE: Where Does Your Username Come From? - by Latias - Mar 9, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: Where Does Your Username Come From? - by 0kamii - Mar 21, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: Where Does Your Username Come From? - by Dova - Mar 21, 2020, 10:34 AM