Poll: Should Amethyst 0mega start hosting tournaments?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
87.50%
7 87.50%
No...
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Which Region Do You Call Home? - with 0kamii
[Image: Hoenn.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and today I want to get into a topic that's probably a little more personal.

It's no secret that every pokémon fan probably has that one region that they like the best. Whether it's because of childhood memories, the native pokémon, the plot in said region, or even something else like the people or the after-game, one region always sticks out in someone's mind. But I submit that there is a difference between which region is your favorite, and which region is your home. For example, my favorite region to travel (which you'll find out later) isn't the same as which region I would call home in the pokémon world. It's also worth noting that your first region isn't necessarily the region that you'd call home either. Bascially, all I'm trying to say is that I want to talk about the one region that, good or bad, you would be most comfortable moving to were you an actual trainer in the pokémon world. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, or Alola, we all have that one. And I'd be very curious to see where this discussion leads. For some, it'll be an easy question. Others? Probably a bit harder. Either way, let's just into it as I provide an example!

Which Region Do You Call Home? - with 0kamii

Hoenn

[Image: 5b4116ccc335b8c180d1b3d704e480ee3df6d87d_hq.jpg]

In case the cover image for this post wasn't any indication, I'd have to say my home in the pokémon world has got to be Hoenn. I know I mentioned earlier that your first region isn't necessarily the one you call home, but I'm lucky enough to where I can actually see myself living in Hoenn. Specifically Fortree City. If you've ever visited my profile page, you'll know that I have my city marked as Fortree, and there's a good reason for that. I'm a huge fan of tree houses, always have been, and I relish the idea of permanently living in a residential canopy amongst all the friendly, diverse pokémon found in northern Hoenn. With wild Kecleon, Tropius, and Absol always looming in the brush, it's bound to be a good time. Not only that, but Winona is a strong gym leader, so she's bound to attract all sorts of interesting trainers from around the world to challenge her. But that's just why I love Fortree City. I love Hoenn as a region, not just because it was my first, but because I actually came back to it. For a while, Opelucid City in Unova was my home base. But once ORAS was released and I took a stroll through Hoenn for the first time in almost ten years, it was like returning to one's home town. The region was full of colorful landscapes and ancient secrets. Plus, I don't mind the constant threat of world flooding/drought. Heck, that's just par for the course in the pokémon world! Just for fun, I'd also like to include vacation homes!

Alola and Unova

[Image: c76beb7f.png] [Image: 1000px-icy_unova.png]

Alola was very close to surpassing Hoenn as a place where I could permanently live, it's also my favorite region to travel. The thing that really turned me off though was the abundance of Ultra Beasts that just recently fell through the ultra worm-holes. I think I'll let the International Police handle that before I go strolling on Alola's beaches wearing sandals and a Hawaiian flower-print tee. The weather is always nice, and unlike most other regions, the evil team isn't actively trying to destroy the world. Team Skull are just thugs. They're nothing without the Aether Foundation, and that gives me hope that living in Alola could be very pleasant. Besides, I'm a trainer that likes seclusion. If it takes several months to get to Alola by boat, then that's about as secluded as it gets. Moving into Unova, Opelucid City WAS my home in the pokémon world for several years, even up until recently when I finally played through Hoenn and moved back. Drayden makes for an awesome mayor, and ever since Ghetsis bugged out Unova has been relatively quiet. No freaky Ice-Type dragons to freeze over half the region, and no 'Free the animals' goonies rioting in the streets. Not only that, but because of the PWT, I can expect very powerful trainers from all over the world to come and participate. So there'll be no shortage of good practice between every local tournament...on the rare occasion they happen... Dodgy

Well, that's all I wanted to do for today's post. I used to live in Unova, but I've since moved back to Hoenn with the occasional vacation to Alola. I'm very curious to see what the rest of you think. Please tell me in the thread below where you live in the pokémon world, and where you'd go for vacation! Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you on Friday where we'll talk about hard battles in pokémon that turned out...not so hard after all.

Just to make things interesting, let's ask users @stephenWITNESS, @Skyla, @Reis, and how about new user @PrincessJester. Tell me: which region do you call home?

Read you all soon. Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. The maps of Alola and Unova don't want to seem to stay aligned, so we'll all just have to deal with it. Ugh. That's going to annoy me. Dodgy
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

My home region is the region of Johto. As you have heard me say a million and ten times, Silver was the first game I played, and the region of Johto just really appealed to me. The new Pokemon (Sentret, Qwilfish, Quagsire, Mareep, Skarmory, etc.) were just AMAZING. It was really cool to have 16 gym badges to get, plus the battle with Red (which, I actually never did). Thats just all there is to it.
Plus, it made my very first ever Pokemon a Cyndaquil. And the rest is history.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Gonna also be johto for me this region just really left a long impression on me not only were the new pokemon awsome but the whole style of the towns with the way they made the houses and temples look just the ones back in japan hundreds of yrs ago also loved the music for when you entered a town it was vibrant but at the same time it left a calm feeling

P.S also because cyndaquil for the win Big Grin
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
I would personally LOVE to live in Unova, and specifically Undella town.
It looks so calm, and being right next to the beach would be amazing.
I love being quiet; I am one of those people who wont go to a pool with people, I like going to a place that is just people I know.
My favorite region is Alola, I don't have any words to describe it, I just love it. I feel really connected to it, and I like the fact that it is totally different from anyother region. Having Trials instead of Gyms, was a great idea too, at least for once.
(Jul 12, 2017, 03:47 PM)Sharkfang2193 Wrote: Gonna also be johto for me this region just really left a long impression on me not only were the new pokemon awsome but the whole style of the towns with the way they made the houses and temples look just the ones back in japan hundreds of yrs ago also loved the music for when you entered a town it was vibrant but at the same time it left a calm feeling

P.S also because cyndaquil for the win Big Grin
AMEN, BROTHER. AMEN.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
My favourite region would have to be Hoenn, purely because of the nostalgic feel. I had like sapphire and emerald, both of which were set in Hoenn and between them both I racked up probably well over 400 hours. Going back to Hoenn in ORAS on my new 3ds XL was an amazing experience, I was blown away by the fact I could fly over the region on a latios and see all the land marks and features that kept me captivated as a child for such a long time. I could probably find myself living in Mossdeep city, as I've been close to the ocean my entire life and a lot of my hobbies involve doing something on the water. Oh and let's not forget that Mossdeep also has a SPACE STATION! Which would be awesome to see rockets flying up into space.
My home would be Hoenn.  The main reasons being the differsity of the landscape.  You have a active volcano, many islands, gigantic caves, forests, and not to mention Metor Falls *Cough Cough Salamence Cough Cough*
Mawr
I have to say that my region that I'd like to call home is Hoenn , just because that Hoenn has peaceful towns such as Verdanturf town or Fortree City .
Hoenn has access to Mirage Island which I've never visited before and It also has Beauty contests 
Also it was my first Pokemon Game ever
Wow! Only up for a day and already eight comments. That's a new record for me. There's a lot of good stuff here, so let's see if I can respond to it all!

@RetroTyphlosion I only ever played through HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes. But I can still agree that there is a certain charm to traveling two separate regions and collecing 16 badges. Frankly though, I've already sunk 400+ hours into my Moon version and 200+ into my Sun version. I almost forget what it's like to collect badges as opposed to doing trials. Just me?

@Sharkfang2193 There is an undeniable Japanese-esque aesthetic to the Johto region, especially the Bell Tower in Ecruteak City. Malie Garden was a fantastic callback to this. Also, I like Cyndaquil, but I still think I'll choose Totodile when I play through Gen 2 again. Typholosion makes the game too easy. Big Grin

@Reis Yay, someone I tagged actually responded! I love Undella Town. As a gym town it was kind of underwhelming, but the visuals were just spectacular. The coastal environment was very serene, and the people were very friendly. It was a really good edition to the dark, industrial feel that the rest of Unova had.

@AniMangelo You don't have to describe anything, AniMangelo. Everyone in the community fell head over heels for Alola. I don't think there's much to explain. The region kind of does the talking for you. Wouldn't you agree?

@Brockahly Mossdeep City, huh? Fascianting choice. If you love the ocean so much, why not Sootopolis City? You can't get much closer to the ocean than that. But yes, I have a soft-spot for astronomy, so I guess the space station puts it in good running. Also, you get Beldum there! And Metagross is awesome!

@FireTaco Ditto

@Corrosion2424 Another person that settled in their first region. No problem with that. I see you also live in Fortree. Looks like we're going to be neighbors.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder