Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Will Sun and Moon handle IV's differently?
I was reading a post on the Pokemon website and I noticed that you will be able to trade Pokemon from your virtual version of Red, Blue, or Yellow into Sun and Moon. However, you won't be able to put them into XY, or ORAS. I was thinking as to why this would be, and I have some ideas.

- Maybe Sun and Moon will handle IV's differently. Red and Blue had a very different IV system than what we have now, so this would make it almost impossible to trade these Pokemon into the newer games. This would, however, also mean that we wouldn't be able to trade from any of the previous games into Sun and Moon. I feel that this is unlikely because of this, but it is still something to consider.

- Sun and Moon may only feature Pokemon from the region it's based in, so it might feature Kanto, and be sort of a throwback to the first games, in celebration of the 20th anniversary Japan release.

This is all speculation, and I'm not sure how valid these points are yet, but I'd appreciate discussion about why this is.

EDIT:
From the Pokemon website:
Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

Why would Pokemon from Blue, Red, and Yellow be able to be transferred into Sun and Moon but not XY, or ORAS?
Maybe Pkemon Sun and Moon have a special system or a function to edit the data of a pokemon to make it available to be there. For example, in pokemon Red, blue and yellow, special attack and attack were a same category, but when you transfer it to pokemon Sun/Moon, the data of the pokemon will change. (If a Pikachu lvl 30 is transfered to the new game from the old one, the pokemon stats will change respect on what stats would a lvl 30 Pikachu would have in ORAS or catched in Sun/Moon)

That´s my opinion. Sorry for my bad english.
I think its for the same reason that megas from ORAS cant be transfered to X and Y, it takes alot of time i guess to code them into the older games so they just decided to not and wait until the newer game to do what they were planning on doing but who knows, i doubt they would drastically change ivs.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I'm expecting something along those lines as well, that the Pokemon from RBY transferred to SM will have a background data change to convert them to the current standard. I don't see why they would make breeding easier in XY and ORAS using they same system that's been used since Gen III and onward, mainly for breeding BR pokes for competitive use as well as new users to pick up and go with little understanding. Just to take it all and toss it out the proverbial window, and bring something completely new and unknown. I think the reason why you can't transfer RBY pokes to XY and ORAS is simply for the same reason that ORAS Megas are unavailable in XY because the respective game is not setup to deal with it because the code is simply non present. That being said I think they anticipated this and had the R&D Team create something that resolves this would be issue.
Guide me waking. Guard me sleeping.
Guide me drifting. Guard me dreaming.

Shadow of #TeamForum