Poll: Would you try Wonder-Trade Battles?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
8 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Wonder trade Battles
This is a concept that me and my brother created for fun, It's a fairly simple concept so I doubt we were the only ones to do this but I have wondered if anyone else would be interested.

Essentially the game is to wonder trade 6 Pokémon and battle with the results. I could try do this in almost a friendly tournament style where there is just an ongoing system possibly showing your win % and we can just see what comes out from the trades (hopefully people don't become too competitive). On the other hand as well as just ongoing friendly matches if there is enough interest occasionally mini knock out style games could be played where the players would use the same team against other people and see who got the luckiest.

It is similar to the Pokémon showdown random battle setting but the major difference is that you usually get Pokémon that are terrible to battle with  Wink

Rules currently used: 
  1. You must use the first 6 Pokémon you recieve (even if you get a magikarp!)
  2. You may not use legendaries or mythicals obtained and must trade 1 more time
  3. You may not have 2 of the same species of Pokémon, retrade as necessary
  4. No EV training, changing moves or giving the Pokémon held items
  5. Levels must be set to 50
  6. The battle mode is set to Singles Battle
If you think you would like to try this please feel free to post below, I would be interested to see how many people like the concept  Tongue

It is also possible that there could be variant rules such as you can trade more than 6 and choose your favorite team from them, thus adding more strategy. Also the battle could be done as a doubles battle instead of singles. I think these rules would probably be decided among players.

Oh hell yeah I love WT Battles, I did one with my bro once and got swept by a Zekrom lol
OU MASTER RACE
If my WT luck was decent Id love this.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
yes
yes
YES
@Dova That's the point, cares about getting lucky when we're all going random Tongue
OU MASTER RACE
Seems like a fun idea! With my luck, I'll probably have 6 early game pokemon
(Jan 25, 2018, 06:41 PM)Kris Wrote: @Dova That's the point, cares about getting lucky when we're all going random Tongue
But this would be my team @Kris
Machop
Pikipek
Zigzagoon
Magikarp
Yungoos
Ledyba
I dont think victory is plausible with that
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
Magicarp Cup Wonder Trade Cup! That sounds like a very nice/fun idea!

Quote:Machop
Pikipek
Zigzagoon
Magikarp
Yungoos
Ledyba

But if I don't get six Magikarps in a row, I'd probably end up with a full early game team like @Dova described. XD
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
Oh, this sounds like fun! Smile I'm in.