Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] what are you most excited about pokemon Sun/Moon?
We are slowly getting closer to the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon and one step closer to the new region and entering Gen 7. So, what are you most excited about Pokémon Sun and Moon? Is it the Z-Moves and how they will change the meta? Is it the Alola forms that some Pokémon are getting? Is it the Island trials that make you excited for the battles? Or is it the fact that Rotom is now able to become a Pokedex? Me? Its the Alola forms since they change so much to Pokémon that have been well established in the series and giving them new looks and new types.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
Really like how the games is taking a different step than the typically collect all 8 badges, battle your rival, foil the evil team's plot, and ultimately win the league. Obviously BW 1 did kinda modified the formula, but this is a first for the main series games completely go away from this formula. They might return to something similar again in Gen 8, but I really think we are going to get some interesting stuff. I'm excited for are the Hyper Training modes, Alolan Pokemon, and also the music soundtrack (yes I listen to the OST). There hasn't been a single Pokemon that's stood out as my "favorite" design-wise, but in terms of concept, Type:Null is rather interesting. Speculating here, but there's just something about Type:Null from the various "attributes" and aesthetics that hint it might do decently in competitive.
The best starter of all time Popplio.

also the new abilities lead me to believe they actually care about competitive which is neat
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
I'm really looking forward to seeing all new pokemon. So far Sun and Moon seem like one of the best generations, design wise(at least for me Blush ). And I'm excited about Hyper Training and bottle caps. If feels like Gamefreak wants to make both breeding and traiting more accesible, and I like that.
I am most exicted about hunting down some cool new shinies!
Sun and Moon seem like a breath of fresh air compared to the other games, a bit different.

Also ofcourse:
(Sep 15, 2016, 02:01 PM)Hatonacat Wrote: I am most exicted about hunting down some cool new shinies!
#LillieDefenseSquad
Finally Pokemon Snap is back. I don't mind about anything else honestly, i just want to snap my Drampa.
Mimikyuu

That is all
Goodbye
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
Quite honestly, if the game doesn't give me an option to be part of Team Skull, I'm going to be highly disappointed and probably throw a table... but we'll see.

I don't think I've been as excited about anything as I have been about having a Snorlax that knows Pulverizing Pancake. I've neen going on about it for days without any intention of stopping anytime soon. xD
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
@devilmoth I totally know what you mean. The Pokemon games are classed as an RPG, although the stories tend to be a bit linear. So I think it would be really cool for the game to give you an option between Team Skull and the Aether Foundation. Maybe if they don't give you the choice outright, it would be like in RBS and ORAS where the evil team is version dependant, so perhaps in Moon version, Team Skull asks you to fight with them against the Aether Foundation. idk, I'm just speculating here, because I know that's kind of a lot to ask from Game Freak, but it would be pretty dang cool if it worked out that way.

Personally, the thing that has me geared up the most is just starting a new game fresh. The last time I played a Pokemon game upon release was Crystal version. When I bought Emerald it had already been out for a few years, and i never had a DS until a few months ago so XY/ ORAS were new to me this summer. But with the new game, I get to play it while it's still new, before I know what all the Pokemon are, before I know how the story goes, and before I know the meta. When I started up my Y version for the first time, I knew I wanted Greninja, Aegislash, and Talonflame on my team, due to their competitive utility. But this time around I get to just play with the Pokemon I like, and I think that's really really cool. Though I will say I've already decided Rockruff will be the first Pokemon I go out to catch when I pick up my copy of Sun.   :D
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?