Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What are your Pokemon games worth?
Went and traded all my old pokemon games in yesterday(to pay off sun snd moon) and i was shocked at what happened.

First of all i traded 9 pokemon titles in along with two xbox one games a ds lite and another ds game.  Out of all this i expected the xbox games to bring the most followed by the ds then all of the ds games. How wrong i was... 
  The xbox games brought 5 and 15 bucks, not much but about what i expected and anything helps.  Next the ds lite brought me 20$, honestly i was happy with this seeing i procured it used for 40$ and the random ds game brought me 9$, still pretty good.
  The guy in the store did the pokemon games last, i think he could tell how anxious i was. I payed roughly 25-28$ a game on the used titles such as diamond, white, black2, but like 30-35$ on others like x, y, soul silver, platinum, black and white 2. To my surprise EVERY pokemon game brought 22$ a piece except soul silver which brought 27$. 
  Needless to say i am so glad i "invested" in pokemon when i did, because pokemon go hype along with sun/moon hype has me biwinning.
  What games do you have? Would you consider selling them? It was tough for me, but ultimately those games served their purpose and im hopinh for eshop versions or ROMs of them.
I have at least one pkmn game of each gen, my sister and I do the opposites (so like I get diamond she gets pearl, etc), and I don't think I'd ever sell mine unless I completely outgrow pkmn, but I don't really think I ever will. I would instead keep them for the nostalgic and sentimental value, since pkmn was the main reason I learned to read growing up, and was one of the only game series I was allowed to play as a child (along with crash bandicoot and spyro lol).

Honestly I'm going to go sell my old games to my local gamestop to pay off Sun/Moon as well, but it won't be my pkmn games (even my mystery dungeon games, well maybe the new ones, imo PMD stopped being good after explorers of sky). I'll probably sell my old zelda games, my cooking games, old consoles like my DS lite/DSi, and any GBA games that I don't touch anymore. I want to pay off Sun/Moon as soon as possible so when the game comes out I can run and pick it up and go to town (ง'̀-'́)ง
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
Usually Gamestop kinda rips people off when it comes to selling games, but it seems you got a pretty good deal for them all, i remember selling old games them only giving me like a dollar for it.

Also @Confide if you havent already i higly recommend Super Mystery Dungeons, its goes back to the style of Sky (with stuff such as hunger and what not) and its amazing
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Sep 18, 2016, 09:46 AM)ChaseInfinity Wrote: Also @Confide if you havent already i higly recommend Super Mystery Dungeons, its goes back to the style of Sky (with stuff such as hunger and what not) and its amazing

I bought both SMD and PMD:GTI, wasn't impressed by them sadly. I didn't even finish SMD, it didn't feel like it was on the same level as Sky/Darkness/Time for me, and I felt like the connection orb was kind of lame and so was the partner (and the ending was spoiled for me anyway). My sister really enjoys SMD though, started my game over and LOVES it. Guess I'm just a stickler for the story line of Time/Sky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
Pokemon games are far too popular to sell for the usual $0.02 gamestop offers. If they did no one would sell them ever. The pokemon games at my local game stops are all close to 40 bucks except the gen 5 games (they're close to 25-30) which was nice cuz they're awesome.

Contrary to this however, I sold a pokemon white a few years ago and only got $11 from it... eh.

I currently have both gen 5 games, AS, and Y. I've been trying to get a Gen 4 game as well because I want to get defog stuff going on in my teams, and whatnot.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
@Confide , sentimental value is something no one can put a number on, but you, if even that.  If i could find my old red, silver, gold and crystal you would have to pry them from my cold dead hands. These games however, i bought after x and y's release and before the announcements of ORAS. I got them at a cheap price and saw them as awesome entertainment while working in the field. I was a bit attached to that soul silver though..Sad(( buuuuutttt im using that money to buy yellow and the old tcg on eshop, so pokrmon for pokemon.

@ChaseInfinity yeah i recently sold out my 360 stuff and got nothing for it... But these games afforded me two new games coming out and the new pokemon3ds coming out(which i wasnt even prospecting the idea of getting). I was crossing fingers walking into gamestop hoping to just pay off the 70$ for sun and moon, now i feel like i lucked out timing wise in a big way.

@w2gMk i am with you completely. These games i couldnt get rid of unless they meant more pokemon to replace it with. And if your looking for a copy of forth gen i might wait because i believe HGSS is going for 40$ and the rest are like you said and we know it will come down again, but can you wait a year for that? I figured my 5th gen would net nothing, considering previous prices they went for, but 22$ just like the rest.

Ladies and gentlemen im not saying go sell your games but maybe you got a few to trade in for sun and moon and i thought you should know, now is the time!!! Final amount in store credit 253$ and some change.
Trading in games at your locat gamestop or EB games is a bad idea imo.... they rip you off so hard so unless its a really old game you don't want and don't care what you get for it you are probably better off selling games through a local buy/sell thing like on facebook or kijiji. People are willing to pay more for pokemon games recently from all the hype and some games are worth way more than others HGSS prices have gone way up even without the complete box with pokewalker. 

TLDR: sell locally on kijiji or facebook not gamestop/EBgames. just imo though u do u :D
I get rid of games when I run out of space, usually though I craigslist them because I can get more money for them. Gamestop or in my case EB Games is actually a good alternative to getting rid of your games you just need to know what you are doing. I get 15% on all my trades and that will stack with promotions like trade 3 games get 70$ or when they have deals on trades that is toward new release games or upcoming games. I've gotten entire systems before and they owed me money.

Here is a link for promotions in Canada right now and it shows that there is value to be had

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled%20Offers
Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/jediverrilli

Saturday November 5th is Extra Life day. I will be streaming for 24 hours starting at 12:30pm

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuse...tID=232041 if you wish to donate.