Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Encore fails?
So today, I lost a match because encore failed KappaHD tjfRekt

My question is, in doubles, if a foe Pokemon A uses move X, and one of my Pokemon faints. Next turn, I send a Prankster encore user, try to encore this Pokemon A on move X, it fails? my Pokemon can only lock with encore if it is on the field when the move X is used?

Never had that situation and can't find any info on several websites
Who was Pokemon A,also,what was the move used by pokemon A?
it was a Raichu using Encore on my Togekiss (it worked), and my Togekiss fainted that turn by foe Groudon.
I then sent Whimsicott, and wanted to lock Raichu on Encore thanks to Prankster (so it can't paralyze my Xerneas and that would make me win the match). but my Whimsicott Encore failed.

maybe Encore doesn't work on Encore? but then again it's not specified anywhere.

PS: it was on Showdown, so maybe the mechanics aren't implemented like on 3ds.
(Jan 31, 2016, 06:57 AM)Apo Wrote: it was a Raichu using Encore on my Togekiss (it worked), and my Togekiss fainted that turn by foe Groudon.
I then sent Whimsicott, and wanted to lock Raichu on Encore thanks to Prankster (so it can't paralyze my Xerneas and that would make me win the match). but my Whimsicott Encore failed.

maybe Encore doesn't work on Encore? but then again it's not specified anywhere.

PS: it was on Showdown, so maybe the mechanics aren't implemented like on 3ds.

i think that would be an endless battle if encore could lock encore. Because then you'd lock yourself into encore because they can only use encore after you just encored their encore so then you'd have to be encored from their encore... That sounds like a pain in the hands.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Actually no because of PPs. But yes, the only thing i can think of is Encore on Encore doesn't work. But then again, it's not stated anywhere, which is kinda weird