Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Teambuilding Competition Thread!
Hello everyone, and welcome to Pokemon Forever's Teambuilding Competition Thread!

Every week, we will pick a format, such as VGC or Smogon OU, and a Pokémon to build around. It can be a very common Pokémon, or it could be a totally gimmicky Pokémon that will be harder to use.

Then, using the Pokémon chosen, you'll have to build the best team possible- try to make a strong team that is good against most of the meta, or maybe to use uncommon Pokémon to spice it up! During the weekends, users will be able to vote for their favourite team. Winning teams will then be registered in the Archive so you can browse them easily.

How to submit your team:

Just post a Showdown import of your team in a spoiler, then write a few lines about your teambuilding process and/or how the team works. Sprites and replays are awesome and can be used, though they aren't mandatory.

This Week's Pokémon and Format: Gastrodon for OU

[Image: gastrodon.gif]

This week, you'll have to build around Gastrodon in OU. It has seen a lot of usage in VGC, but it can definitely hold its own in this format too. Let's see what you can come up with!

Winning Teams Archive:

OU team featuring Diglett (by @"Elly")

Icon-charizard-mega-y Icon-diglett Icon-tangrowth Icon-tapu-fini Icon-landorus-therian Icon-pheromosa

http://pastebin.com/n57d5fyc

VGC team featuring Nihilego (by @Marcusube)

Icon-gigalith Icon-stoutland Icon-tapu-koko Icon-nihilego Icon-tapu-fini Icon-garchomp

http://pastebin.com/rrTifLHW

Happy building everyone!
@Elly This is a great idea, can't wait to start building teams around Yung Diggly and TRAPinch, and i can't wait to see what other come up this is really hype Smile
(Feb 12, 2017, 08:27 PM)Gvng Wrote: @Elly This is a great idea, can't wait to start building teams around Yung Diggly and TRAPinch, and i can't wait to see what other come up this is really hype Smile

<3
Me likey
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
Time to show the power of Young Digglet
Yung DigLIT the lord is bout to bless us with that fire
(whistles)

Elly - 01/28/2017
lando + chomp is very versatile
Black117 - 01/28/2017
lando-t and dugtrio
or
Elly - 01/28/2017
that too
Black117 - 01/28/2017
digglet
wonder what its attack stat
Elly - 01/28/2017
dugtrio + diglett + volcarona
double memento
Kappa
Black117 - 01/28/2017
i feel like someone used this
#EllyEXPOSED?
Baby Dugtrio is here to show the power. Trap Heatran, Alolan Marowak, and Toxapex for either Pheromosa and Volcarona to sweep. Added Tangrowth for a water resist, Lando-t because it's broken, and Tapu fini sinces it's the best Defogger and pairs really well with Tangrowth. 

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Beast Boost  
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe  
Naughty Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- U-turn  
- Ice Beam  
- Poison Jab  

Volcarona @ Leftovers  
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Fiery Dance  
- Giga Drain  
- Roost  
- Quiver Dance  

Diglett @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Arena Trap  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
IVs: 21 HP  
- Earthquake  
- Pursuit  
- Rock Slide  
- Memento  

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
- Leaf Storm  
- Knock Off  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Sleep powder

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Earthquake  
- U-turn  
- Stealth Rock  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers  
Ability: Misty Surge  
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 12 SpD / 56 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Moonblast  
- Nature's Madness  
- Defog  
- Taunt
Charizard-Y + Diglett

Icon-charizard-mega-y Icon-diglett Icon-tangrowth Icon-tapu-fini Icon-landorus-therian Icon-pheromosa

Started the team with Zard-Y + Diglett as I had a lot of experience with Zard + Dugtrio and felt like revamping this older team I made that was decently successful. Zard-Y is a very underrated breaker that can pressure stall and balance a lot, and Diglett traps Heatran and Tyranitar which are annoying for Charizard. Looking at my core, I needed a Tapu Koko check and a Defog user, so I picked AV Tangrowth and Tapu Fini as they are generally a good defensive backbone for bulky offense and they form a Fire/Water/Grass with my Charizard, and those cores are known for being effecient. I needed a sturdy Ground resist and Stealth Rock, so you already know I'm choosing Landorus-T as it's stupid and is very splashable on teams. To complete, I wanted a pivot that could form a U-Tun core with Lando to bring in Charizard safely, and I wanted it to be able to clean up teams after they've been weakened by Zard, so I picked Scarf Pheromosa, which can do all of the things I mentioned while giving me a lot of coverage, being able to get past popular cores such as Landorus-T + Tapu Fini.

Note: if Dugtrio doesn't get banned, please switch Diglett for Duggy as it will allow you to not automatically lose to Chansey/stall with Screech + Reversal.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe