Poll: What is your favorite Pokemon Gen?
This poll is closed.
Gen I
6.98%
3 6.98%
Gen II
27.91%
12 27.91%
Gen III
18.60%
8 18.60%
Gen IV
27.91%
12 27.91%
Gen V
2.33%
1 2.33%
Gen VI
16.28%
7 16.28%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Favorite Pokemon Gen?
(Nov 4, 2015, 03:11 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Nov 4, 2015, 02:36 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: See I always dislike the wording of questions like this because I've never disliked a Pokemon game, so I feel like questions like this invalidate the quality of any Generation that isn't the one you started with.

It's the same problem with, say, the Zelda series when people talk about which one is the best of all. But such a question makes you forget that any given Zelda game is still of a very high quality compared to all video games instead of just Zelda ones.

So of course I'm inclined to say that I prefer Gen 3, because that's the generation from which I feel the most nostalgia, but at the same time, I've enjoyed every Pokemon game since in a similar way.

Rant over.

Someone hasn't played Skyward Sword or ORAS I see...

My opinion is fact.

[Image: g0t9p.jpg]

Does that stop the argument? Gen 4 best gen
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Nov 4, 2015, 03:11 PM)naitre Wrote: Someone hasn't played Skyward Sword or ORAS I see...

My opinion is fact.

Umm, excuse you. Any game with Link's pretty face in it is a masterpiece
I think gen 4 is my favorite. But then i have gen 3 and 5 crawling up saying that they are my favorites.
A legend fallen from grace.
(Nov 4, 2015, 03:11 PM)naitre Wrote: Someone hasn't played Skyward Sword or ORAS I see...

My opinion is fact.

This is what I get for trying to be serious for once in my life.

All I'm good for is being annoying, apparently.
(Nov 4, 2015, 12:43 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: If i had to pick on order i probably choose:
Gen 3
Gen 4
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 6
Gen 5
i actually liked gen 5, like Eckley said i loved the story but its not my favorite generation

I liked gen 5 as well. It only had the 2cnd worst villains (for #1 I'm lookin at you Lysandre, you didn't make sense and ultimately only accomplished blowing yourself up) but most of it's new pokemon were.... silly. It's notorious for that. I would say my least favorite gen was 4. I know that's not a popular opinion but I was just getting into college when it came out and was big and I didn't like the region. The villains were solid. Torterra and Infernape were amazing (though I have never found a good use for empoleon outside of it's unique typing) and it had a lot of cool new guys and moves... but I hated the map... that was really all it was.
Ermergerd sergnercher
in my pick, considering the games:
anime:
and manga:
1. gen 4
Sinnoh is my FAV!
i only played through diamond once and i loved playing through the game. also i still love the game because i haven't worn it out like hoenn. there are also many pokemon i love that were introduced in that gen. Weavile, electivire, leafeon, glaceon, shinx line, starly line, the starters and evolutions, shellos line, buizel line, pachirisu, and others.
the manga was amazing with story and characters. I love Dia, pearl and Platina. Smile (especially Pearl)
The Anime is the best aswell. the movies, the characters, and ash was a bit smarter thin sinnoh.
i love that ash created a new technique called counter shield and that he used his pokemon from other regions in the league. I love, cynthia, Pokemon Hunter J, Team Galactic, Barry, Zoey, Reggie, Paul, Conway, Dawn, AHHHH i love it!!!

2. gen 5
Unova had a REALLY good story line and i enjoyed playing through it. i loved team plasma because that their mission is to liberate pokemon. to me that looked like gmaefreak was questioning themselfs if pokeballs were really a good idea. Another reason is the Manga. Unova had the best adventures manga in my opinion and Hilbert(black) is my fav manga character. Gen 5 also has my fav pokemon ever in it. I love unova and i was REALLY shocked about all the hate towards it. Sunfisk, Trubbish line, Vanilite line, kling line, tepig line, patrat line, elemental monkeys,
Stufisk: i love the derpy face
Vanilite line: WHY PEOPLE HATE THIS? its freaking Ice-cream! you don't like ice-cream or something? plus its cute
Kling line: they're cool. simple designs and names are something that we sometimes need.
Tepig line: .....tha heck? tepig is cute as *BEEP*. i hate it that People hate on the fire starters for being fire/fighting. its just a stupid thing to hate about.
elemental monkeys and patrat line: .....ok i can't argue with these two lines
ok i think its time to move on.

3. gen 2
Johto was my first region and my first starter was chikorita. the story is Awesome and i love the manga. the anime is not overly good but whatever. I love that team Rocket came back and i love the characters. ethan, silver, crystal, lance, and others
also awesome Pokemon. Starters and their evolutions, lanturn, mantine, noctowl, mareep line, heracross, many others Smile

4. gen 1
ahh nostalgia street. this game didn't have the best graphics(in fact the worst). the reason its here is because of the pokemon adventure manga. that was SOO cool and red was an amazing character. oh also gen 1 has awesome pokemon in it. Arcanine, dewgong, charizard, persian, pikachu, tauros, lapras. and alot of other and there are also alot of. not so great pokemon. *stares and voltorb and electrode*

5. gen 6
The graphics, the pokemon, the trainer customization, the pokemon Amie and super training, fairy types, mega evolution. all of that is amazing! Also the Anime is really good.
the only downside to it i think is the story line. compared to every other gen i feel the story just....sucks. there is really not alot of story and the whole game was made just to introduce mega evolution and fairy type.

6. gen 3
Hoenn is an amazing game with great pokemon. but the reason its last is because i was stupid and played ruby over and over and over again so i got really bored of the entire region and its anime. ORAS and the RS adventure manga helped a bit but i think that if i didn't constantly play it hoenn would have been a lot more fun for me.
Ff course the answer is subjective as it depends of each persons level of personal enjoyment and fun they receive out of playing whichever generation. I personally would have to say gen 6 for me, in particular X and Y instead of ORAS. However I also enjoyed playing the 2nd generation a lot too and it was the closest I came completing any Pokemon game with just a few left to catch.
My order:
VI
III
II
V
IV
I

Gen 6 was a great step up from the previous. It introduced several looking-to-be staples of the series. Gen 3 was great as a game to just play through and is fleshed out in the Gen 6 remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. Oddly enough, there is really just something charming about Gen 2, despite its age. Gen 5 was a lot of things, but it was just a little too much. Gen 4 was just a drag of a game to play and Team Galactic is by far my least favorite crime organization. Gen 1 has just aged horribly. The only reason to play the game is for nostalgia which not everyone has for the game.
Here's mine in order:
5) Gen II, because I never played an official Gen II game (just Heart Gold). Plus, I don't like that they didn't add running in Gen II when I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who was pissed off at the player's speed without a bike
4) Gen I, because typing is broken to hell, but they were the first to break the mold of JRPGs... or at least some of the mold
3) Gen III, because it was really amazing, but it felt a bit... odd... to me. I don't know why
2) Gen V, because it was really great. The Pokemon added were weird af, but at least N was a cool character. Oh, and DNA Splicers
1) Gen IV/VI evenly. Gen IV was my first and it had a FANTASTIC soundtrack, plus I just didn't hate most of the things about it. Just nitpicking really. As for Gen VI, X/Y sucked, but ORAS was phenomenal. Still don't like the idea of using 3D models, though...
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
I had difficulties to choose between 2 and 4 but my list would be:
4th
2nd
6th
5th
1st
3rd