Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Finally got my first shiny pokemon, but is Sableye viable without speed IV viable?
So I finally got my first shiny pokemon! Got it through the masuda method and out hatched a Sableye. Now I really want to use it in battle, but the problem is that it only has IV perfect IV's. It has perfect IV's in HP, defense, Sp.attack, sp. defense and is missing speed... It's a prankster bold nature, I'll be giving it :willow wisp, quash, fake out, and snarl. Should I use it, or is the missing speed too much?
You really don't need the speed IV since prankster already gives Sableye the "speed" it needs. Also M-Sableye has like base 20 speed so obviously no speed IV wouldn't matter
(Aug 27, 2016, 11:03 AM)Marcusube Wrote: You really don't need the speed IV since prankster already gives Sableye the "speed" it needs. Also M-Sableye has like base 20 speed so obviously no speed IV wouldn't matter

Okay I figured, but just wanted to be sure. Just curious, what EV's spread would you recommend for this sableye?
Given that Quash has no competitive value in the Singles format, I'm assuming this is a regular Sableye for Doubles/Triples. The Speed Ivs won't matter, unless you somehow find yourself in an opposing mirror match against another Sableye, so be sure to have something like a Fairy-type or a powerful special attack to take it out. Sableye can invest into a bit of Special Defense to take some hits against Mega Char Y, Heatran, Thundurus, but not against Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir. Though Will-O-Wisp can mitigate any defense investment, we are going to work with the Bold Sableye for a bit. Something like a balanced EV Spread like 252 HP / 36 Defense / 220 Special Defense is a good benchmark. Since Sableye's defense is higher than its special defense, you get more actual points every time the higher stats are invested. Of course the EV Spread can be changed in case you don't need like it.
Congratz on shiny Sableye it is my favourite pokemon
I'll let you test it on my mightyina