Poll: Would you be interested in joining a VGC tournament with these rules?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it is a great idea
71.43%
10 71.43%
No, for reasons
14.29%
2 14.29%
I don't play VGC so I couldn't care less
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Generation 1 VGC tournament
I am eager to host a VGC tournament on the forums, however, one that would be interesting and not like other VGC tournament. A tournament where only Generation 1 pokemon only are allowed and legendaries and mega evolution are not. What do you guys think about this idea?
[Insert signature here]
I'd play
Sounds really fun, I'd have to breed most to make a team of them thought :S
I like this
#TeamForum

Sounds cool, i would partecipate Smile

No mega and legendaries makes things more interesting of course.
I think its an interesting idea to have only gen 1 Pokemon with some restrictions. Obviously Mew and Mewtwo are banned by VGC rules while Zapdos will likely be on nearly every participating team considering how dominate it is at battle spot. It will be interesting to see new team archtypes and plastyles given format Marcusube proposed.
This would be super fun I think
Thanks for all your support guys, I will be making the thread for the tournament before Wednesday so get the word out Smile
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 29, 2015, 04:46 PM)Black117 Wrote: I think its an interesting idea to have only gen 1 Pokemon with some  restrictions. Obviously Mew and Mewtwo are banned by VGC rules while Zapdos will likely be on nearly every participating team considering how dominate it is at battle spot. It will be interesting to see new team archtypes and plastyles given format Marcusube proposed.

It depends on the definition of "no legendaries allowed" given by Marcusube. Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno are actually VGC legal but they are still legendary pokemons, and as you said, Zapdos would be a must-have for quite every team, making things a little boring (or not? new meta, Zapdos will be the new M-Kang - everyone will bring a counter to it :D)

Edit: I could even create a new thread called "GEN 1 Viability Ranking" (similar to Smogon's one) so we can talk about the alternative meta we are going to introduce if you guys think it's a good idea (personally, i've spent 2 hours just to see abilities, stats and movepool of 70% of Gen1 pokemons - that i've never cared about till now - just to have a general idea of the meta, but it's a work that i'd be glad to share with people with less time to put in these things)
I'd love to see this. So many gen 1 pokemon get overlooked but really have a lot of potential.