Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Hunting!
My favroite shiny is milotic.

I bring any pokemon when I shiny hunt.

my first non event shiny is a milotic.
Twas just yesterday that I got into using the Pokeradar to hunt for shinies, as I had found two, a shiny Chatot and a shiny Skiddo in a single day.

Except sometimes I am not so lucky

Would someone be so kind as to explain why some Pokeradar chains break for absoloutely no reason. Cause I was just on a Ducklett chain of forty and while I began resetting it literally just ended. I had not run into the wrong Pokemon and I for sure did not run into a patch of grass with no Pokemon in it. It just broke during a reset. Could someone please explain this 'phenomenon?'
- What is your favorite shiny of a Pokemon?
I like the Lucario Shiny line, Mega Gardevoir and Gengar is awesome to i must say.
- Who do you bring with you when you shiny hunt?
I have my own team for different method of hunting. i usually use watchog with Illuminate and Doublade with its false swipe for Friend Safari hunting. I'm adding Combee for Horde Hunting with sometimes along with static pikachu for electric type horde and magnet pull Magnezone for steel type hordes. Suction cups pokemon i use for fishing chain. Flame Body Volcarona for breeding. Watchog and Doublade are my main team in shiny hunting.
- What is your favorite shiny hunting method?
I like the Friend Safari hunting, it's easier to encounter shiny rather than random encounter in the wild, it has no complicated aspect like in fish chaining or pokeradar.
- What was your first ever (non-event) shiny?
It's Shiny Ditto from random encounter at pokemon village after beating almost 90 dittos (excluding the others than Dittos)

currently looking for shiny Bunnelby in Route 2, but no luck, just got shiny pidgey instead.
Mudkip, it's cute and i already loved him.
Does Fletchchinder count? I only ever masuda method anymore :P
Masuda method, it's the only hunting I have ever done that works; except for trades and raandom encounter.
A Weedle in X, he looks so cool as a Beedrill now Smile
It may be cheating, but my favorite shinies are Chatot, Beedrill, and Mareep.
Now that I'm getting into pokeradar chaining, I always bring my Shiny Alakazam and usually a Xatu or Ralts (cause they all have synchronize)
Friend Safari. Bike, Run, Repeat. The easiest method (aside from chain fishing)
It wasn't even from an event! It was my first ever fish I caught in any Pokemon game. A shiny Magikarp.
I swore not to ever evolve it, due to the fact that Shiny Garydos wasn't so special back then.
*Sees Mega Garydos in X and Y
"Oh now I have to evolve it."
My favorite shiny is my baby Glaceon. Well the method I use for shiny hunting is Masuda method and I always use an HA Ditto and whatever I'm breeding. My first ever shiny was, get this, a shiny Kyogre I got from Wondertrade XD. I didn't know it was a shiny and I only used it cause it was level 100 and at the time I had been longing for a level 100. My cousin told me it was shiny and explained the concept and from that moment on I took to shinys quite well.
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku