Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Good evening :)
Hello Poke-fans! Smile Is anyone as excited as I am for the new Pokemon Sword / Shield release?
Hello, @asteos! Welcome to the forums.

I'm looking forward to playing these games, for sure. It'll be my first time experiencing the birth of a Pokémon generation from the start (including all the pre-release hype, spoilers, etc.). It's been interesting thus far, but I'm curious to see how the games will be received by the community; particularly in light of the proposed #Dexit. It would be a stretch for me to say I'm "excited;" but certainly curious about it all, and I'm totally planning to play one of these games at some point.

What has gotten you so excited? Anything in particular?
(Sep 30, 2019, 08:11 AM)DrumminBeard Wrote: What has gotten you so excited? Anything in particular?

To be honest, I got quite disappointed with the Pokemon Let's Go~ iterations - therefore, I hope they'll come back to what I used to love.

And... Farfetch evolution <3
(Sep 30, 2019, 09:31 AM)asteos Wrote:
(Sep 30, 2019, 08:11 AM)DrumminBeard Wrote: What has gotten you so excited? Anything in particular?

To be honest, I got quite disappointed with the Pokemon Let's Go~ iterations - therefore, I hope they'll come back to what I used to love.

And... Farfetch evolution <3

I'm with ya there. I'd been calling for a boycott of the LGPE games since long before they were released, simply because of their strong association with Pokémon GO (which is an awful app AND an awful 'game'). While it was a little satisfying to see people complain about how ridiculously easy it was, they still sold over 10 million of the damn things; so there's absolutely no way they're going to discontinue the Let's GO series at this point.

However, that could be a good thing; if it helps to keep the 'mainline*' series games relatively pure. i.e. devoid of the GO catch mechanics, and mindlessly simple challenge level. It'll be a potentially-interesting time for the Pokémon franchise; these next couple years. Seems like it'll either be a 'make-or-break' kind of situation, where they're fighting just to keep their core audience interested in their products; or a 'we'll-sell-millions-of-whatever-we-put-out-because-Pokémon' kind of thing. I assume the latter, honestly...

*I'm aware that the Let's GO games are considered by the developers to be official 'mainline' games. I use the term here colloquially.
(Oct 2, 2019, 08:14 AM)DrumminBeard Wrote: *I'm aware that the Let's GO games are considered by the developers to be official 'mainline' games. I use the term here colloquially.

I could have sworn that they weren't gonna be mainline, but another IP entirely.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
(Oct 2, 2019, 07:25 PM)Hojunhu Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2019, 08:14 AM)DrumminBeard Wrote: *I'm aware that the Let's GO games are considered by the developers to be official 'mainline' games. I use the term here colloquially.

I could have sworn that they weren't gonna be mainline, but another IP entirely.

Would that it were true. Here's Mr. Masuda speaking on the topic:

“These games aren’t spin-offs. These are core Pokemon titles."

https://nintendoeverything.com/masuda-st...okemon-go/