Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[HELP] Requirements for signature?
(May 20, 2015, 04:33 PM)Vexian Wrote:
(May 20, 2015, 02:07 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(May 20, 2015, 10:57 AM)Asyla Wrote: What´s the idea behind not letting everybody have a signature?
Is there a reason or just because you can?

I'm not entirely sure why its just Trusted Users, i guess its a reward for helping people, because the only thing  you get besides that when becoming trusted is that people "trust" you Wink

Dont trust animekid.... ever!

Sad you've got me i'm apart of team rocket
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(May 20, 2015, 03:05 PM)Hojunhu Wrote:
(May 20, 2015, 10:57 AM)Asyla Wrote: What´s the idea behind not letting everybody have a signature?

I'm not entirely sure why its just Trusted Users, i guess its a reward for helping people, because the only thing  you get besides that when becoming trusted is that people "trust" you Wink

I'm almost positive the signature restriction is to deter nefarious people and having nefarious signatures.

This is pretty much the reason as far as I can see. It also prevents bot accounts from spamming ads in signatures by making you have at least a few helpful posts before you're allowed one.
(May 20, 2015, 04:33 PM)Vexian Wrote:

Dont trust animekid.... ever!

lol xDDD
For an official statement on the topic, we believe that signatures can tend to make a forum look messy with all the different sizes, colors, images, gifs, and so on and originally we didn't have them at all. There was a fairly long discussion about whether or not even the staff should have them. Eventually we settled on the system you see in place today but it took months to get here.

As for how to get Trusted User? It doesn't just involve reputation. How old (in days) your account is and your posts are also a factor. We'd rather not have people spamming posts or begging for rep to hit these thresholds so we're keeping the numbers secret. Just know that if you stay active, friendly, and helpful then you'll become a Trusted User eventually. Hopefully it'll be a nice surprise when it happens.
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
(May 28, 2015, 08:22 AM)My Cupcake Money Wrote: For an official statement on the topic, we believe that signatures can tend to make a forum look messy with all the different sizes, colors, images, gifs, and so on and originally we didn't have them at all. There was a fairly long discussion about whether or not even the staff should have them. Eventually we settled on the system you see in place today but it took months to get here.

As for how to get Trusted User? It doesn't just involve reputation. How old (in days) your account is and your posts are also a factor. We'd rather not have people spamming posts or begging for rep to hit these thresholds so we're keeping the numbers secret. Just know that if you stay active, friendly, and helpful then you'll become a Trusted User eventually. Hopefully it'll be a nice surprise when it happens.

Hey what about making different levels of Trusted User then?
(May 28, 2015, 08:42 AM)GMX Wrote: Hey what about making different levels of Trusted User then?

Ah, another person that's not a fan of the Aegislash. No worries, you can definitely appear like a normal user still. Just go to this page (which can be found in User Settings → Group Memberships) then change which group is your "Display Group". You can appear to be a normal user with the multiple levels and still keep the benefits of "Trusted user".
I can't do that.

[Image: aKnFCrX.png]

Anyway i'm proposing that because there are many Trusted Users that would deserve (in my opinion) something different from a new TU (such as me for example).
Try again. Looks like Trusted Users aren't automatically set up that way. I'll see if there's a way to change that.
It works now, thank you :P

PS: i don't have a signature anymore
PS2: i do Enable it but it doesn't appear, when i leave settings it just turns it off automaticaly
Looks like something I'll have to talk with Skyxer about. Until then, you may have to suffer with the Aegislash for a bit if you want a signature.
(There really should be no reason why your Display Group would alter your permissions so that should have worked...)

Sorry for the inconvenience.