Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help Mega Venusaur team
Hey I'm Mellow I'm pretty new to vgc and I'm trying to get prepared for a regional coming up I got 25th at Oregon and I wanna make top 8 this time but I don't know what to do and all of my friends are way to busy to help me. I've been messing around with the Rotom-W,Heatran and mega vena core for awhile now and I just can't seem to fit them all in with a decent tailwinder I've even though of MUrkrow or Quash Sableye can anyone please lend me a hand?

(I'm new sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong area I did read the rules but I'm a little egg when it comes to webs like this I always get some random strick xD)
No need to worry, you posted your thread in the right place kappaHD

The Mega-Venu/Heatran/Rotom-W core is very good defensively and offensively. Your main issue would be Pokemon that are fast and powerful sweepers, mainly physical sweepers.

I suggest throwing in Pokemon that can pull off status moves such as Thunder Wave and Taunt, attack with great physical strength but it can be frail or bulky and something that has access to moves/abilities that drop the attack stat of the opposing team. Right off the bat I would say that Thundurus-I, Terrakion, Suicune, Landorus-T and Cresselia could also work with your team but if you prefer not to use legendaries, options such as Milotic, Garchomp, Hitmontop, Mamoswine and Weavile can work as well.

Try to balance out the amount of physical attackers you have with the amount of special attackers and try to obtain as much offensive and defensive coverage as possible.
[Insert signature here]
Togekiss can work well as your Tailwind setter in your team (and it has access to another important support move such as Follow Me for protecting Venusaur from Brave Birds, Rotom-W from Grass type moves and Heatran from Fighting type moves in particular).

If you want to punish physical attackers, you can use the Rocky Helmet set:

Togekiss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Roost

Otherwise you can run a mixed bulky set with Sitrus Berry

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam / Thunder Wave / Protect

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Togekiss: 159-190 (82.8 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252 Atk Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Togekiss: 80-96 (41.6 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
4 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 86-104 (51.4 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
the flordia regional showed us how strong those three are when paired with lando-t & scrafty!
#TeamForum

(Apr 14, 2015, 02:46 PM)Marcusube Wrote: No need to worry, you posted your thread in the right place kappaHD

The Mega-Venu/Heatran/Rotom-W core is very good defensively and offensively. Your main issue would be Pokemon that are fast and powerful sweepers, mainly physical sweepers.

I suggest throwing in Pokemon that can pull off status moves such as Thunder Wave and Taunt, attack with great physical strength but it can be frail or bulky and something that has access to moves/abilities that drop the attack stat of the opposing team. Right off the bat I would say that Thundurus-I, Terrakion, Suicune, Landorus-T and Cresselia could also work with your team but if you prefer not to use legendaries, options such as Milotic, Garchomp, Hitmontop, Mamoswine and Weavile can work as well.

Try to balance out the amount of physical attackers you have with the amount of special attackers and try to obtain as much offensive and defensive coverage as possible.
Yeah I decided on Mega Vena,Terrakion,Thundurus,Heatran,Suicune and Landorus-t it got me to the 1700's just now Vena is so strong almost better then Metagross but thanks for the help! xD
(Apr 14, 2015, 03:03 PM)GMX Wrote: Togekiss can work well as your Tailwind setter in your team (and it has access to another important support move such as Follow Me for protecting Venusaur from Brave Birds, Rotom-W from Grass type moves and Heatran from Fighting type moves in particular).

If you want to punish physical attackers, you can use the Rocky Helmet set:

Togekiss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Roost

Otherwise you can run a mixed bulky set with Sitrus Berry

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam / Thunder Wave / Protect

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Togekiss: 159-190 (82.8 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252 Atk Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Togekiss: 80-96 (41.6 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
4 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 86-104 (51.4 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yeah this was the first thing that I tried but I thought that my team had too much support so I dropped it even though it got me a pretty good streak.
(Apr 14, 2015, 03:15 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: the flordia regional showed us how strong those three are when paired with lando-t & scrafty!
I'll look into that thank you!