Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help for someone who really screwed up
Question 
I'll let it be known right now that this mistake is incredibly dumb. I'm asking for help here because I don't really know what else to do so I hope no one minds to much and will be willing to assist me. 

I completed a living national Pokedex in Ultra Moon (except for certain mythicals). Sounds cool right? I thought so too. 
The problem: I did so with intention of getting a Shiny Charm in my new copy of Pokemon Y. What I did not realize, was that any Pokemon that's so much as touched a Gen 7 game becomes impossible to move over into previous Gen games through Bank. 

Now I have a complete Pokedex worth of essentially useless Pokemon, in addition to a game I'd really like to play with a Shiny Charm early on. 
I even tried my hand at genning/hacking to no avail as I either totally lack the hardware or the method has been patched over. 

I'm really disappointed and ashamed, so I'm reaching out here in hopes someone can help me by providing me some information or Pokemon themselves so it doesn't all feel in vain. I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks  Heart
Hey, sorry about the loss. I'm working on my livingdex so I can get you a majority of the pokemon (88.6% to be exact). Here's the pokemon I have - https://pokedextracker.com/u/nohacking/no-hacking. But, I'll need the pokemon back since they're for my living dex

My FC is 0448-0498-0666 and I'm free to trade tomorrow at any time, it'll take a really long time to trade all of them.
@automanic 

I am sure you could find some people on here who would be willing to help you with your effort, unfortunately I have only a limited number of Pokémon on X/Y at the minute and would be unable to fill any large portion of your dex.   Undecided

I would recommend that you look at listing what you need for your Pokédex using something such as https://pokedextracker.com/ and stating the type of things you can offer in general since many people may want things in return. This way you can build up your collection gradually, with both your own efforts and support from others here I am sure you can build up the dex  Blush

As for providing you information I am not sure which information you are looking for but if you could be more specific I would be more than willing to try and help.

P.S. On the plus side after all that collecting you will be close to having a shiny charm in ultra moon which is great as if you have any intention of breeding Pokémon it is a great gen for you to work on, with IV tracking being easier than ever and the re-appearance of move tutors makes it very viable for joining the competitive battling side. If you are using a Pokémon from a different region and shiny charm your odds of a shiny baby are reduced to a 1/512  Big Grin

(May 12, 2018, 05:15 PM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @automanic 

I am sure you could find some people on here who would be willing to help you with your effort, unfortunately I have only a limited number of Pokémon on X/Y at the minute and would be unable to fill any large portion of your dex.   Undecided

I would recommend that you look at listing what you need for your Pokédex using something such as https://pokedextracker.com/ and stating the type of things you can offer in general since many people may want things in return. This way you can build up your collection gradually, with both your own efforts and support from others here I am sure you can build up the dex  Blush

As for providing you information I am not sure which information you are looking for but if you could be more specific I would be more than willing to try and help.

P.S. On the plus side after all that collecting you will be close to having a shiny charm in ultra moon which is great as if you have any intention of breeding Pokémon it is a great gen for you to work on, with IV tracking being easier than ever and the re-appearance of move tutors makes it very viable for joining the competitive battling side. If you are using a Pokémon from a different region and shiny charm your odds of a shiny baby are reduced to a 1/512  Big Grin

It's funny because I was using the Pokedex Tracker! I guess I kind of just don't know where to start because I had moved nearly all of my pokemon from X and Omega Ruby to Bank in order to be used for this Pokedex, so most of them can't be put back and I don't have much in those games now to use for trading. (At least I kept my ultimate favorites in those games because I didn't want to ruin the friendship/affection level I had with them. That includes the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100 is my Rayquaza in OR. I'm so glad he's safe ; ;" )

And actually, I do have the shiny charm in Ultra Moon. You only need to complete the regional Dex in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon. It's unfortunate too, because I had said screw it to shiny hunting legendaries in Ultra Space in order to fill this Dex, so now I have these legendaries I can't use and can no longer SR for in Ultra Moon... 

I guess the information I was hoping to find would be how to "fix" them (basically cloning or hacking) or someone who can. It sounds so nasty but I just worked by butt off for a living Dex I can't even use!
(May 12, 2018, 05:08 PM)moo311 Wrote: Hey, sorry about the loss. I'm working on my livingdex so I can get you a majority of the pokemon (88.6% to be exact). Here's the pokemon I have - https://pokedextracker.com/u/nohacking/no-hacking. But, I'll need the pokemon back since they're for my living dex

My FC is 0448-0498-0666 and I'm free to trade tomorrow at any time, it'll take a really long time to trade all of them.

The issue is that almost all of those Pokemon I used for that Dex came from my X and Omega Ruby games, which means I hardly have anything to use for trade. I'd also really like to find a way to use my own living dex so I can consistently use it throughout my Gen 6 games. Sorry, but thanks for the offer. I may have to take something like that up in the future if I can't figure out a better solution / v \"
(May 14, 2018, 01:53 PM)automanic Wrote:
(May 12, 2018, 05:08 PM)moo311 Wrote: Hey, sorry about the loss. I'm working on my livingdex so I can get you a majority of the pokemon (88.6% to be exact). Here's the pokemon I have - https://pokedextracker.com/u/nohacking/no-hacking. But, I'll need the pokemon back since they're for my living dex

The issue is that almost all of those Pokemon I used for that Dex came from my X and Omega Ruby games, which means I hardly have anything to use for trade. I'd also really like to find a way to use my own living dex so I can consistently use it throughout my Gen 6 games. Sorry, but thanks for the offer. I may have to take something like that up in the future if I can't figure out a better solution / v \"

You only need 1 pokemon, I send a new pokemon every time, you send back the one i sent before
(May 14, 2018, 02:03 PM)moo311 Wrote:

You only need 1 pokemon, I send a new pokemon every time, you send back the one i sent before
That's true yeah. I'm just worried about the time and stuff, you know? Wouldn't that take a while? Also, since this has happened to me and a friend before, the DS seems to hate maintaining a stable connection to internet, and one time it disconnected during a trade and it not only accidentally cloned the Pokemon I was trading, but completely erased my friend's Pokemon. I doubt that happens often, but it is a concern. It seems like you're up to the challenge though, and I know many people would appreciate it!!
(May 14, 2018, 02:27 PM)automanic Wrote:

That's true yeah. I'm just worried about the time and stuff, you know? Wouldn't that take a while? Also, since this has happened to me and a friend before, the DS seems to hate maintaining a stable connection to internet, and one time it disconnected during a trade and it not only accidentally cloned the Pokemon I was trading, but completely erased my friend's Pokemon. I doubt that happens often, but it is a concern. It seems like you're up to the challenge though, and I know many people would appreciate it!!

Time will be a big issue, but the trades can be separate. We could set up blocks of trade times, like all kanto pokemon on one day, all johto pokemon on the other, etc.
(May 14, 2018, 02:30 PM)moo311 Wrote:

Time will be a big issue, but the trades can be separate. We could set up blocks of trade times, like all kanto pokemon on one day, all johto pokemon on the other, etc.

Wow you've got this down! I would be up for trying, certainly!
(May 18, 2018, 02:40 PM)automanic Wrote:
(May 14, 2018, 02:30 PM)moo311 Wrote:
(May 14, 2018, 01:53 PM)automanic Wrote: The issue is that almost all of those Pokemon I used for that Dex came from my X and Omega Ruby games, which means I hardly have anything to use for trade. I'd also really like to find a way to use my own living dex so I can consistently use it throughout my Gen 6 games. Sorry, but thanks for the offer. I may have to take something like that up in the future if I can't figure out a better solution / v \"

Wow you've got this down! I would be up for trying, certainly!

Ok, so you need all of the pokemon, correct? I guess we can do gen 1 whenever you're free. I should be free most of the weekend.