Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help me pick a 6th Pokemon for my team?
I've finally found success on Battle Spot with this team, but I'm having trouble with picking a 6th Pokemon. For now I've been switching back and forth between (Hyper Voice) Sylveon and Heat Rotom (listed here), but Sylveon is super predictable these days and people have ways to counter it. I was thinking of adding Heatran (I like it's moveset/typing) or Terrakion but I'm not sure. Let me know what you think of my team!

Crystal (Suicune) @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
Level: 50
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I. LOVE. TAILWIND. Also having Ice Beam to deal with Dragons & Scald to dish out decent damage/burns isn't too bad either. I usually lead with Suicune to set up Tailwind. I really like how Suicune works well with Gengar/Venusaur. My only complaint with Suicune is that trying to get decent IVs/Nature in game is so obnoxious.

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Gengar is pretty cool. Started using it after I saw one of Cybertron's vids recently. (I've been trying to get back into VGC, so you see my team is super similar hahah. Hopefully once I get back into it, I'll think of some new stuff.) I like his ability to dish out damage (or burns) super fast to start off. I like leading with him, or keeping him in the back to switch in later on an ineffective move. I haven't been using Taunt much (besides when you see the obvious), but it's still pretty nice. I considered recently making him bulkier and changing his item to screw with people (because I'm sure people will catch on with this set) but for now I'll leave it how it is.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Pretty self-explanatory. Bisharp wants to kill everything. Defiant is awesome. He's become one of my favorite Pokemon recently. That's all.

Salamence (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Protect

I originally was using Special Salamence but I've had WAY more success with the physical build. Double-Edge is awesome, and you have roost to gain back HP if you need it. Fire Blast is also handy to have too. 

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Venusaur is a new addition to my team too, I forgot how much I loved M-Venu. He can basically take any attack and still be able to dish out damage too. I like having Leech Seed to slowly leech (lol) away at my opponents while gaining HP back at the same time. (I originally had Synthesis on him instead. Also Modest nature because that's what my one on my game is, originally I had more EVs invested in Sp Atk. Just saying. Not tryna to breed another 5IV Venu lol.) I also love now that I have Venu, I have a choice with my Mega. Just having Salamence was SUPER obnoxious because it was so predictable. 

Pizza Rollz (Rotom-Heat) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Electroweb
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat

Ahh good 'ol Rotom. I chose Rotom Heat because I desperately needed a Fire type on my team. I did have Rotom Wash at one point but changed my mind. This is the usual build I use for Heat or Wash Rotom, besides one move. I changed Protect to Electroweb. Electroweb is a lot of fun, it lowers the opponents speed by one stage and damages them a little bit. Rotom Heat is a pretty solid choice, except Landorus/anything with Rock Slide scares me a LOT. Should I invest more Def EVs in? Or keep him how he is? I'm considering changing out Rotom for a better Fire type (Heatran maybe?) or keeping him for now. Let me know what you guys think!
I was playing a bit around with Team Magma teambuilder and i found out that one of the (few) problems of this team was the double mega. While it offers a way to have a better match up against another team, it can also limit your choices and overall coverage. Having one mega does not implies you get predicted, because you can build a team around it.

So.. this is what i was thinking: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?24...|3m|59|625

First of all, Mega Venusaur is my choice, because M-Mence requires a lot of team support to work well. Arcanine and Hydregon fit in this team very well in my opinion. You want a Fire type and you are right, because you wouldn't be able to touch Steel types without it. Arcanine has Intimidate and Snarl support that you miss with Suicune. A physical Arcanine with Flare Blitz and Close Combat is the best choice in this team of special attackers in my opinion. Hydreigon is a good compromise, because you are able to get Earth Power coverage and Draco Meteor to deal huge damage, while Levitate ability balances Arcanine's weakness to Ground. Having both Bisharp and Hydreigon may seem strange but they only share a Fighting weakness that you compensate with Gengar and M-Venusaur.

Another option is Landorus-T instead of Hydreigon to get access to a stronger Ground stab and to Rock Slide too. Your team is able to balance its Ice and Water weakness very well, but having 2 Intimidates can be dangerous (you should try a Flash Fire Arcanine that i don't really like but it's still a solid option).
I really like the Arcanine and Hydregion suggestion. I already have a 5IV Flare Blitz Growlithe to train which is nice.

What moves would you suggest for Arcanine? I'm not sure if I should invest EVs to make him a fast attacker, or more of a support Pokemon. On NB's VGC '15 Meta article the held items he usually has is Rocky Helmet, Life Orb and Choice Band. Right now my Growlithe has a moveset of Morning Sun, Fire Blast (because Flare Blitz is an egg move ;_Wink, Close Combat, and Protect. Morning Sun is good for recovery, and I might use Rocky Helmet to get more damage off of physical attackers. But would that even be worth it if Arcanine isn't super bulky?

I have an Hydreigon ready to breed so I'm good with that. :D I'd probably go with Earth Power, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, and something else...

Edit: LOLZ apparently Growlithe can learn Flare Blitz by leveling up, I was dumb and only was looking at Arcanine's moveset. :p
I think that a set with Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Snarl and Protect can work well. I'm not an expert of Arcanine's EV spreads so i can't suggest one in particular, but your Suicune and M-Venusaur are bulky enough so you can also run an semi-offensive EV spread on Arcanine to get rid of Grass and Steel types as soon as possible.

about Hydreigon, you can run a Choice Scarf set or a Choice Specs one. This set outspeeds Adamant ScarfLand-T by one point, so that you can catch it before it goes for the U-Turn or Superpower. This set also survives a Jolly Garchomp Dragon Claw. Dark Pulse is important because of the flinch factor, since you will outspeed anything that is not under Tailwind (it is also a better way to deal with Rocky Helmet Cresselia)

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

The Speed EVs of this set can also go in bulk if you are able to play with Hydreigon under Tailwind. Fire Blast is used on this set because of Choice Specs boost, which let you get a OHKO on M-Mawile (without Rain)

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 44 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
Specs>Scarf IMO. Once you use it you will see what you miss out on.
(Feb 21, 2015, 06:24 AM)GMX Wrote: I think that a set with Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Snarl and Protect can work well. I'm not an expert of Arcanine's EV spreads so i can't suggest one in particular, but your Suicune and M-Venusaur are bulky enough so you can also run an semi-offensive EV spread on Arcanine to get rid of Grass and Steel types as soon as possible.

about Hydreigon, you can run a Choice Scarf set or a Choice Specs one. This set outspeeds Adamant ScarfLand-T by one point, so that you can catch it before it goes for the U-Turn or Superpower. This set also survives a Jolly Garchomp Dragon Claw. Dark Pulse is important because of the flinch factor, since you will outspeed anything that is not under Tailwind (it is also a better way to deal with Rocky Helmet Cresselia)

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

The Speed EVs of this set can also go in bulk if you are able to play with Hydreigon under Tailwind. Fire Blast is used on this set because of Choice Specs boost, which let you get a OHKO on M-Mawile (without Rain)

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 44 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

I really like Snarl, but I'm debating between that and Morning Sun. I'll test it out on Showdown and see what I like better/try different EV spreads. I think a semi-offensive spread is a good idea too. Arcanine isn't super bulky in the first place anyway. 

I'll probably test out the 2nd set with Specs considering I'll be setting up Tailwind 90% of the time with Suicune. Like Icey said, I prefer Specs over Scarf anyway. I'd rather have a little bit of bulk as opposed to all speed, if that makes sense. 

Now I just gotta breed my Hydreigon because my shiny/battle ready one isn't ORAS/XY bred. D: Let the breeding begin.