Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help on mega Metagross set and EV spread
once I saw the base stats for mega Metagross I knew he would be viable in VGC. I'm just not sure what Evs and moves would be most beneficial, here is what I had in mind:

Metagross@Matagrossite

Jolly Nature 4HP/252Atk/252Speed

-Meteor mash/ iron head

-Zen headbutt

-Ice punch/FirePunch

-Protect

-Max attack to give better damage output with tough claws boost

-Max Speed EVs and jolly nature to ensure you at least speed tie other M-Meatgross

-Ice punch to deal with M-Salamence or Fire punch to deal with opposing M-Metagross

Give me youre opinions on the set I'm always open for suggestions.
With attack that high plus his ability, you'd be overkilling a lot of pokemon. Maybe you can put the attack evs in some other stats he's either lacking in and/or could take advantage of.

Also maybe you would want to go to pokemon showdown's vgc chatroom to see what more experienced masters have to say about this ---> https://pokemonshowdown.com/lobby
Thanks for the input Ben. Yeah that makes sense, 252 Atk does seem like a waste. I'll have figure out what threats M-Metagross will have in the OR/AS meta then ajust the bulk ware it's needed.
i might do an analysis on him soon but the attack investment all revolves around what you want to ko maxing it means you pretty much obliterate everything so that can work otherwise taking out a little out of attack and investing into bulk to aid survival is well worth it fortunately he has amazing base bulk so outside of SE hard hitting pokemon i doubt anything will threaten him. Definitely a scary mega.