Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help with my team please
Hello, I'm new to competitive battling, so I would like to know A few things 

1. How many pokemon can have hold items?
2. How's my team look?
3. How can I make it better?

Here is A detailed overview

Swampert: Ability - Torrent, Nature - Relaxed, Ev's - 250 HP, 16 Atk, 252 Def
Scald, Ice Punch, Thunder Bolt, Earthquake 

Scizor: Ability - Technician, Nature - Relaxed, Ev's - 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Superpower

Togekiss: Ability - Serene Grace, Nature - Timid, Ev's - 252 HP, 80 Def, 176 Speed
Silver Wind, Nasty Plot, Air Slash, Thunder Wave

Espeon: Ability - Magic Bounce, Nature - Timid, Ev's - 4 HP, 252 SP Atk, 252 Speed
Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Trick, Shadow Ball 
or
Substitute, Calm Mind, Future Shock, Baton Pass

Lucario: Ability - Inner Focus, Nature - Jolly, Ev's - 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Psychic, Aura Sphere, Dak Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Gengar: Ability - Levitate, Nature - Timid, Ev's - 4 Hp, 252 SP Atk, 252 Speed, Hold Item - Life Orb
Shadow Ball, Hex, Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond

There you have it. That's what I'm looking to bring to the table. 

What are your thoughts? Be gental, I put a lot of time and though into this.

No Tyranitar please. Yes I know he is amazing but everyone uses him. Also, I'm totally ok sacrificing power over technique. (Or however you say it)
Hi Jericho!

All of your Pokemon can hold items, as long as they aren't holding the same item.

About your team -- I know you don't want to use Tyranitar (I completely understand :D) but you have three physical tanks and three glass cannons, so you might want to add a special tank to switch into Nagandel, Lele, and the likes.

Another thing -- some of your Natures are off (if you need help breeding, I'm bored :D) like on Lucario (Jolly is +Spe -SAtk) and Scizor (I don't know if you want it on Relaxed or not since you have max Spe EVs)

Also, are you giving Scizor or Swampert a Mega Stone (That's allowed, right? I haven't played comp in USUM yet)

Other than those minor suggestions, I think you've got a pretty good team for singles or doubles. MB Espeon can really shake up any team, and Gengar is a strong pick (besides, Hex + any of the many statuses your team can give one of them is deadly). And personally, Togekiss and Scizor are two of my Favorite mons!!!!! :D Good luck!
Do Not's:
- 250 EVs are meaningless, as 248 provide the same benefit;
- Tbolt Swampert;
- Ice Punch over Ice Beam when your pokèmon's nature doesn't decrease SpA;
- Using EVs to increase a stat wich is decreased by the nature; (referred to Relaxed Scizor with 252 EVs in Spe)
- Silver Wind;
- Future Shock;
- Hex and Shadow Ball in the same moveset.

Do's:
- Tell us what tier you are interested in;
- Love Ttar.
Thank you for your help to all so far, it was very insightful, I have taken everything into consideration.

So I have jumbled some things around and made some changes so let's try this:

Swampert will hold Ice plate. (Powers up "Ice Punch") Ev's will change to 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Scizor I'll give Adamant Nature and will hold Mega Stone
Togekiss will hold Leftovers 
Espeon gets Shell Bell
Lucario, How bout Timid nature and holding Expert Belt
As for Gengar. I'm swapping "Shadow Ball for Shadow Claw." I love the crit. Hit ratio and it just makes sense if SP Def is already lowered.

As for A Special Tank. How bout

Claydol: Ability - Levitate, Nature - Modest, Ev's - 4 HP, 252 SP Atk, 252 Speed
Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam

Who should I swap out For Claydol? Espeon or Togekiss?

And I will be looking at either UU or OU
(Nov 28, 2017, 02:38 PM)Jericho Wrote: And I will be looking at either UU or OU

We can't give you exact advice without knowing exactely for what tier this team has to be prepared for, so pick just one.

Regardless of the tier, Claydol sucks in both UU and OU, Gengar is a horrible Shadow Claw user and Swampert need Leftovers as it's its only way to recover HP apart from ChestoRest and ResTalk, wich are both terrible for this pokèmon.
As long as they are allowed, I will take uu. I took some time to clean up my team and made A few changes.

Here is the new team:

Swampert: Ability - Damp, Nature - Sassy, Ev's - 248 HP, 16 Atk, 244 SP Def, Hold Item - ???
Scald, Ice Beam, Curse (Or Stealth Rock), Earthquake 

Scizor: Ability - Technician, Nature - Adamant, Ev's - 252 HP, 112 Def, 144 SP Def, Hold Item - Mega Stone
Aerial Ace, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Roost

Lucario: Ability - Inner Focus, Nature - Timd, Ev's - 4 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, Hold Item - Expert Belt
Psychic, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Tyranitar: Ability - Sandstream, Nature - Sassy, Ev's - 252 HP, 76 Atk, 189 SP Def, Hold Item - Assult Vest
Stone Edge, Fire Blast, Pursuit, Crunch

Espeon: Ability - Magic Bounce, Nature - Modest, Ev's - 252 SP Atk, 4 SP Def, 252 Speed, Hold Item - Shell Bell
Psychic, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, Dazzling Gleam

Gengar: Ability - ???, Nature - Timid, Ev's - 92 HP, 164 SP Atk, 252 Speed Hold Item - Life Orb
Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Hex, Destiny Bond

I heard Gengar Got his levitate ability taken away 
I turned Espeon into A Baton pssser
Adopted Tyranitar and made him  A beast
Took swords dance away from Scizor. He's more of A late game cleaner so I gave him Aerial Ace for decent coverage, plus it never misses
Swampert now has damp. I took out Tbolt and put in stealth rock. Sassy nature  works well with scald. And Ice Beam over Ice Punch. 

I fixed everyone's nature And ev's, and I'm feeling pretty good about this
OK so most of your pokemon are not able to be in the UU tier.  These are: Mega Scizor, Tyranitar, and Gengar so those would need to be replaced.

I suggest changing some of the EVs on your Swampert as only Earthquake is benefiting from those 16 attack Evs and the curse attack boost.  You should either make it a special varient by changing EQ with Earth Power.

For Lucario you may want to switch your Expert Belt item for a different one as although the boost given is helpful, it is still not a large amount to stack up the damage against your opponent.  Also you might want to add Flash Cannon over Psychic for better coverage as most of the moves Psychic is good against are also covered by Dark Pulse aside from Poision which can not effect Lucario thanks to its steel type.

I also want to mention that you should look in to using Pokemon showdown to help plan out some of these members as it also has item and move suggestions for each pokemon.  

Good Luck working with this team,

~ FireTaco
Mawr
(Nov 30, 2017, 09:22 PM)FireTaco Wrote: OK so most of your pokemon are not able to be in the UU tier.  These are: Mega Scizor, Tyranitar, and Gengar so those would need to be replaced.

I suggest changing some of the EVs on your Swampert as only Earthquake is benefiting from those 16 attack Evs and the curse attack boost.  You should either make it a special varient by changing EQ with Earth Power.

For Lucario you may want to switch your Expert Belt item for a different one as although the boost given is helpful, it is still not a large amount to stack up the damage against your opponent.  Also you might want to add Flash Cannon over Psychic for better coverage as most of the moves Psychic is good against are also covered by Dark Pulse aside from Poision which can not effect Lucario thanks to its steel type.

I also want to mention that you should look in to using Pokemon showdown to help plan out some of these members as it also has item and move suggestions for each pokemon.  

Good Luck working with this team,

~ FireTaco

Ok, I will defiantly work on this, thank you for the very helpful advice. Is their maybe A page where I can see who is allowed I uu, so I can start looking for suitable replacements. What If I put the 16 extra in def?
Alrighty, King/Queen of the Meta is here! Let's take a look at all this.

First up, if you want to do UU, that team will need to change unfortunately. Here is a full explanation of the UU tier, including a banlist but for now, we'll make this an OU Team.

Ok, now for some more detailed explanations. First up is Swampert. See, although 110 Attack SOUNDS amazing, Swampert's role better lies in being a Defensive tank. Swampert's most reliable recovery is Leftovers, so this should be your item of choice. Now the Nature works well, but the EV Spread doesn't fit. A better spread is 240 HP, 16 Def and 252 Sp.Def with a Sassy Nature. You don't need any Attack investment whatsoever as I previously stated Swampert is a better defensive tank. The moveset that you have, I think, can look a little like this: Scald, Roar, Stealth Rock and Earthquake. Curse is never able to find a good slot as Scald is needed to Burn opponents, Earthquake is Swampert's best Physical attack, Stealth Rock is a must on this set and Roar is used to switch opponents out. Roar can be replaced with Toxic if you prefer residual damage.

Read this while I write out the others ^^ @Jericho
OU MASTER RACE
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uu/ 

You can use any of those on the list there plus any in the lower tiers, such as RU, NU, and PU,

As for the 16 Evs, Yeah putting them in Defence would work over well.

Below I'm going to put some special and a physical move set examples:

SPECIAL
Swampert @ Leftovers  
Ability: Damp  
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Earth Power  
- Ice Beam  
- Scald  
- Protect
- Icy Wind

PHYSICAL
Swampert @ Leftovers  
Ability: Damp  
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD  
Ivs: 0 Sp Atk
- Earthquake  
- Ice Punch  
- Waterfall  
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Curse
- Superpower

Any of these moves can be switched between each other depending on what kind of set you would like to run.

That's all from me for tonight, Good nights,
~FireTaco
Mawr