Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hidden ability trouble
Hello there!
I recently put up a post about my shiny water team. I want to do a gym like thingy. I asked if there was any way Corphish was able to be a team member, and all everyone said that he is usable with Adaptability. Since I got the other 5 members, I only need to get a HA shiny Corphish. Is there anything that I can do to increase the odds of the Corphish having Adaptability? And what are the odds in general?

I hope you can help me!
(Jun 18, 2016, 08:20 AM)Tomatoman1 Wrote: Hello there!
I recently put up a post about my shiny water team. I want to do a gym like thingy. I asked if there was any way Corphish was able to be a team member, and all everyone said that he is usable with Adaptability. Since I got the other 5 members, I only need to get a HA shiny Corphish. Is there anything that I can do to increase the odds of the Corphish having Adaptability? And what are the odds in general?

I hope you can help me!

You can't get an Hidden Ability Pokemon in the wild. However, you may find one with the DexNav, the Friend Safari in X/Y or by breeding.
O. I think that I will just hunt down a new one then. Thank you!
(Jun 18, 2016, 08:26 AM)le2017 Wrote:

I hope you can help me!

You can't get an Hidden Ability Pokemon in the wild. However, you may find one with the DexNav, the Friend Safari in X/Y or by breeding.

You can get HA from pokemon in the wild (definately from a horde). I have got a Gligar using the following video.
https://youtu.be/g3DISr-FgaQ
(Jun 18, 2016, 08:55 AM)MrScruff Wrote:

I hope you can help me!

You can get HA from pokemon in the wild (definately from a horde). I have got a Gligar using the following video.

@MrScruff I didn't know that, thanks! But it's said it's only for hordes though. Interesting!
(Jun 18, 2016, 09:12 AM)le2017 Wrote:
(Jun 18, 2016, 08:55 AM)MrScruff Wrote:

I hope you can help me!

@MrScruff I didn't know that, thanks! But it's said it's only for hordes though. Interesting!
I think it might be only from hordes but that is how I got HA Slowpoke and HA Foongus (it took a while because I had to Skill Swap each one to find the HA one)
If you want to get a shiny Corphish with Adaptability, your best bet is to use the Masuda method. If you breed a female Corphish that has Adaptability with a Ditto from another region, your chances of getting a Corphish with Adaptability that's shiny is around 1 in 1056 if I remember correctly with an 80% chance of the ability. It has to be a female Corphish though for a better chance
I got a Corphish with a Shell Armor and I am please with that. Thank you guys all for your help!