Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How does one breed for 0IVs?
1) I'll be moving this into General Pokemon discussion

2) What are you confused about swig?
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
(Jan 22, 2015, 10:00 AM)Skarric Wrote: 1) I'll be moving this into General Pokemon discussion

i dont know anything about iv's or ev's lol
(Jan 22, 2015, 10:06 AM)2 swig 4 you Wrote:
(Jan 22, 2015, 10:00 AM)Skarric Wrote: 1) I'll be moving this into General Pokemon discussion

i dont know anything about iv's or ev's

IVs (Individual Values)
http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

EVs (Effort Values)
http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

JWittz Video on both:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_37RK-mFA
Quote:i dont know anything about iv's or ev's lol

IV's: Individual values, which act as your Pokemon's inherent values. They range from 0-31 and determine your Pokemon's battling potential.

EV's: Effort Values. They are points that are given to your Pokemon after you defeat a Pokemon and gain experience from it. They also help determine your Pokemon's final stats. A Pokemon can gain 255 points in one stat, but only 4 points = 1 stat point so ideally Pokemon run 252/252 spreads instead of 255/255. There's also a max cap of 510.

Each Pokemon you battle gives a different spread of EVs, like Whismur gives +1 HP and Geodude gives +1 Defense.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
(Jan 22, 2015, 10:13 AM)Skarric Wrote:
Quote:i dont know anything about iv's or ev's lol
A Pokemon can gain 255 points in one stat, but only 4 points = 1 stat point so ideally Pokemon run 252/252 spreads instead of 255/255. There's also a max cap of 510.

In Gen 6 it's 252 cap in one stat and a 508 total cap.
(Jan 22, 2015, 09:26 AM)Hojunhu Wrote: 0 in an IV is a regular occurance. Once you have a poke with the 0spe then it's up to you to pass it down. For example, I was breeding solosis for a TR team for 2014 and got 0spe. I have since gotten 0spe on Phantump, Numel, Seedot and next is Ferroseed. It's about manipulating the egg groups after you have one poke with 0spe. And of course, since guarenteed 5IVs from parent are passed, the sixth is random so 0 is also an option when breeding a 6IV Ditto (I've gotten more pokes with a 0IV than 6IVs). Just make sure that the poke with the 0IV you want is holding the Destiny Knot.

If you want, I can try my hand at getting you a poke with 0Spe, I also have some spare 0Spe Numels that are 31/x/31/31/31/0.

Yes I'd like that!
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
To get 0 IVs into a stat, try catching a lot of dittos in the wild (not friend safari). You're bound to find one with terrible IVs and perhaps 0 IV in a stat. Another option is to ask someone to powersave a ditto with 0 IVs into the desired stat.
[Insert signature here]