Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hundred Pokemon Giveaway : Suggestions
Just a small note. This isn't just for suggesting Pokemon to giveaway. It's also to fix problems or create new systems in the giveaway process to help it be easier and smoother. And i created this to see the feed back from the community.
A legend fallen from grace.
(Nov 1, 2015, 04:12 PM)Unit501 Wrote: Just a small note. This isn't just for suggesting Pokemon to giveaway. It's also to fix problems or create new systems in the giveaway process to help it be easier and smoother. And i created this to see the feed back from the community.

As I said, do it by GTS. Let the other people leave their pokemon there and then you just check them and trade with them. You will need them to put a special message, like, "Unit501 Giveaway" or something
I think you should do a 100 shiny level 100 magikarp that likes to run giveaway.
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
maybe BR Victini? :D
(Nov 1, 2015, 05:23 PM)Chocolatte_Banane_Pokemon Wrote:
(Nov 1, 2015, 04:12 PM)Unit501 Wrote: Just a small note. This isn't just for suggesting Pokemon to giveaway. It's also to fix problems or create new systems in the giveaway process to help it be easier and smoother. And i created this to see the feed back from the community.

As I said, do it by GTS. Let the other people leave their pokemon there and then you just check them and trade with them. You will need them to put a special message, like, "Unit501 Giveaway" or something

Yes I know. This is what i have been doing for the last 3 giveaways.
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-GIVEAWA...way-CLOSED
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-GIVEAWA...Giveaway-2
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-GIVEAWA...Giveaway-3
Have a idea for a Pokemon I can giveaway next?

How 'bout Pokemon in the UU tier? Or Little Cup Pokemons?

Do you want a Format change?

So far your format is okay, but try to make the font size of your BOLD SENTENCES just to decrease the likelihood of people ignoring these instructions even if by a bit.

Do you want a better respond system for snipes?

As i see from Aether's Giveaways, it'll be harder for you to manage informing everyone who got sniped as more people deposit for your giveaways. Just give a notice which days you'll trade at the start of your giveaways. This will give anxious people the idea when to check their deposit to make sure they are not sniped, and the time to redeposit and edit their posts.

I'm not sure if it'll work out, but it's what i can think of at the moment.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Any shiny event only legendary would be the best thing for me
Cloned event pokes could be something that people would be interested in, but you wouldn't be able to use the GTS... I guess it's not very practical :/

As for snipes, you shouldn't worry too much about it. You're already doing everything you can! What you could do is add a 'status' in the first line of your post, saying whether you're online or offline at the moment. Then you'd only have to edit that before you go offline, so that people know when they shouldn't bother putting something in the GTS. I did that in my giveaways, and (although some people ignored it) it worked pretty well.
When the giveaway is hosted by one person,it is impossible to check the forum 7/24 and also the people who wants the pokemon also can't check all the time so they have to put the pokemon in Gts when they are available.Here is my suggestions:
1-)I've seen some giveaways that gives pokemon at the same level range that you catch them in wild so the pokemon we put on gts gets sniped all the time.You should pick a unique level range.
2-)Try to choose pokemon that has genders.So it reduces the chance of the pokemon being sniped.
3-)You should warn people about what type of pokemon they should put on gts.They shouldn't put starters,pokemon that's exclusive to one game or easy catching pokemon.(Example:I go to route 15 in kalos and catch liepards,watchogs and foongus'.There is so few of them on gts so they never gets sniped.
I hope that helps Smile Keep up the good work!
Ok so for suggestions for pokemon PLEASE tell the format. I am going to be doing both VGC and SMOGON pokemon. And also if you find a build you like too, thats fine as well.