Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] December Meet & Greet - Time for a Christmas Treat!
yeah from a game called Overwatch^^
(Dec 1, 2019, 04:59 AM)Kris Wrote: Share With Us!

Here's where I get to ask you some questions to get the Discussion started, join in and have some fun! 
  • Generation 8 gave us Galrian Forms for quite a few Pokemon, I like a lot of them, but what's your Favourite?

My favourite is probably Corsola for it's new competitive usage!
  • The Game Awards is coming up this month, exciting! What was your favourite game of 2019?

My favourite was easily Dragon Quest XI! It was my first Dragon Quest game, and it was an amazing experience!
  • While Sword and Shield are a lot of fun, it can't be helped to wonder what is next. That said, what do you want next for the mainline games?

I would have said Diamond and Pearl remakes if you asked me eariler, but I can't help but wonder how a sequel, or a prequel, of Sword and Shield would look like. I'd like to see more of Galar!

1.) I like the new Corsola too; but because of its clear inspiration from the spectre of real-world dying coral reefs. I love that they considered this sort of thing, when they were choosing old Pokemon to get new Galarian forms; that the justification for it wasn't as simple as giving it a fresh coat of paint, like many of the Alolan forms were.

2.) Though I haven't played it myself, I got pretty excited about the Link's Awakening remake. It's just SOOO pretty, and the music is apparently really good; it obviously had a lot of love put into it by the developers. I don't think it should qualify for a "Best of 2019" award (Super Mario Maker 2, maybe?); but it certainly caught my interest.

3.) At this point, I would very much like to see the mainline Pokémon games put into the hands of another developer. Game Freak have some... 'interesting'... philosophies and policies toward the way they choose to run their company and the Pokémon series generally; and I really think that a big-budget Pokémon game made by a AAA developer, who can actually devote the time and resources to a lovingly-crafted Pokémon entry, would go a long way toward revitalizing community enthusiasm and respect for the series as a whole.
     The fact is that GF - for whatever reason(s) - have been releasing obviously-incomplete mainline Pokémon titles for years now; and I think they've demonstrated their unwillingness to take steps to mitigate legitimate issues that fans have had with their games.
(Dec 11, 2019, 11:32 AM)DrumminBeard Wrote: 3.) At this point, I would very much like to see the mainline Pokémon games put into the hands of another developer. Game Freak have some... 'interesting'... philosophies and policies toward the way they choose to run their company and the Pokémon series generally; and I really think that a big-budget Pokémon game made by a AAA developer, who can actually devote the time and resources to a lovingly-crafted Pokémon entry, would go a long way toward revitalizing community enthusiasm and respect for the series as a whole.
     The fact is that GF - for whatever reason(s) - have been releasing obviously-incomplete mainline Pokémon titles for years now; and I think they've demonstrated their unwillingness to take steps to mitigate legitimate issues that fans have had with their games.
I'm not sure your opinions on Sword and Shield are backed up by the numbers. Sword and Shield have seen record sales for any Switch game in Japan and UK. VGC had the most activity of new players I've ever seen and people are making and creating content at a level not previously witnessed. Streaming and video recording are much easier and more accessible with the ability to buy an external capture card instead of having to void the warranty on your 3DS or buy another 3DS entirely with no warranty. While some things are certainly lacking in the new versions, I've had more fun in Sword and Shield than I've had in the last 5 years of any Pokémon game. Some people are upset and that's very much okay, but the sales numbers and the amount of people participating in the community do not echo the narrative by detractors that the game is ruined and Game Freak is the devil.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades