Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Regarding Recent Spammers
Hey, guys. Long time no talk.

I'm looking into the recent spam attacks we've been getting and while doing so I have to temporarily require admin activation of any new accounts. Unfortunately, this will add an extra delay to new users being able to post for now.
If you're a new user who's affected by this, I apologize but we have to put the security of the current users first until I can find a proper solution to the problem.
I'll do my best to keep you updated.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank all the users who have reported these spam posts and all the mods who are taking care of them as quickly as they can. I know this isn't the first time we've had a problem like this one but you guys have stopped it from being as big of a problem as it could have been.

Once again, thank you all for your cooperation and understanding!
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
Thanks for the hard work
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
Question 
I was here when the large spam attack last night happened. I reported the users once each. I am guessing that I am behind a glass wall until things are sorted though. Welp, I think I will place my face firmly on the glass until further notice then. Sorry if I drool while I am there.

At the same time, as an unrelated question, why is the link to the Discord invalid?
While I have no control over the Discord and have no idea why the old invite link was deleted, I just updated the link now. Thanks for pointing it out~
Ah, this explains why topics feel death, everyone wnt to discord! (I have yet to get inside)
(Nov 12, 2017, 09:03 PM)Agro Wrote: While I have no control over the Discord and have no idea why the old invite link was deleted, I just updated the link now. Thanks for pointing it out~

When I clicked on it before it said it was an invalid link. I know that links can be set for limited time. That may be the case. But issok.
Thanks for all of your continued efforts in removing spam  in the site  Smile

Although it is annoying it doesn't work as intended it is kind of fun to watch the newest member section at the bottom of the forum page now, it sometimes shows random names that are obviously spam bots and it is satisfying to know that they have tried to register but still can't post and they are just wasting their time.  Tongue

@Agro You said new accounts need Admin activation, but we had new members able to post. Are they able to bypass it or am I missing something?
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris maybe they had the account sit for a while until they could post again
Sorry, we had a decent period of time where no new bots tried to register so I thought maybe they had given up and released the activation for a night. I didn't expect them to come in full force and I didn't expect a Windows update to keep me off my PC for 12+ hours... @Kris 

Huge thanks to @stephenWITNESS for cleaning it up while I was away.

I'll have to actually find a more permanent solution after seeing what they were capable of in that relatively short amount of time.