Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat
[Image: tumblr_ok1q2vy9pE1sqehnzo1_540.gif]

Hello and welcome to Pokemon Forever's very obviously weekly Meet & Greet. Come take a seat and relax! The goal of this post is to encourage discussion among not only the more seasoned members, but to also bring some of the lurkers out of the shadows and give them a place to break the ice. We will also be featuring some threads that you may have missed since the last installment. If you see any threads that you feel should be featured in next week's Meet & Greet or have ideas for fun questions, please PM them to @"Squeab", @"écarlate", @ChaseInfinity, or any of the other mods! Feel free to contact us if you'd like to host one as well!

[Image: icon-glalie.png] [Image: icon-bewear.png] [Image: icon-ampharos.png]

Community Thread Spotlight:

[Image: icon-araquanid.png] [Image: icon-gengar.png] [Image: icon-salamence.png]

For movesets, look here! Help us kick off the VGC 17 season by contributing your own today!

Be sure to stop by the Trading Forum. It's constantly active with new members and new requests! We also have a separate forum just for giveaways here! Please remember to +1/rate members for completing successful trades if you choose to participate!

Make sure to check out the community Discord! It's a fun place to hang out and chat, you should be able to find a link in that direction. ->

[Image: icon-minccino.png] [Image: icon-poliwhirl.png] [Image: icon-aggron.png]

Share with us
  • So how have you been? Most of the mods have been busy and as such we've been inactive. We're still alive, except AnimeKid. The rest of us are gonna be way more active in the upcoming weeks, sorry for the hiatus.
  • What are you interested in seeing from us? We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.
  • Did you pick up a Switch? Why or why not?
  • Pick any cool games up recently? Personally I can't put down Persona 5.
  • Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Don't feel like answering any questions? Just stop by to say hello and introduce yourself! Feel free to chat and mingle with one another. Sometimes threads start somewhere and end somewhere completely different, but that's just part of the fun!
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
Really love the size of this meet and greet. Nice and compact. super easy to read.

• So how have you been? Most of the mods have been busy and as such we've been inactive. We're still alive, except AnimeKid. The rest of us are gonna be way more active in the upcoming weeks, sorry for the hiatus.
    • I hurted my shoulder the other day. AKA a month ago, so I just type with my left hand and cry. Excited for gaming this year. seems like aside from pokemon, 2017 is shaping up to have some pretty legit releases.
  • What are you interested in seeing from us? We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.
    • no
    • yes. nintendo gave me one! (YAY!) probably would have grabbed one for MKart today anyway.
    • Rented Outlast 2. Pretty great if you like scary games.
    • What other underused Pokemon does @0kamii like?
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Thanks for the shoutout! Looking forward to what you guys have in store for the site Smile
  • So how have you been?
    - Pretty good, thanks!
  • What are you interested in seeing from us?
    - I like the idea of a series of mono type tournaments. Think they'd be fun :D
    - I didn't :'( I need to save my moneys (#hopefully a price drop soon......)
    - I've been been playing a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D lately. Can't recommend it enough!
    - @element_x49 What's your favourite legendary Pokémon?

Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
    • dead
    • i look forward to a potential boost in activity on the forums this summer since students will have a break from school, making the forum much more alive.
    • no because broke
    • i've been playing a bit of dark souls, elders scrolls and shadow of mordor which are pretty cool.
    • @"Squeab" did you ever try shiny hunting?
So how have you been? Most of the mods have been busy and as such we've been inactive. We're still alive, except AnimeKid. The rest of us are gonna be way more active in the upcoming weeks, sorry for the hiatus.
  • Semi-dead
What are you interested in seeing from us? We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.
  • more shiny hunting tbh
Did you pick up a Switch? Why or why not?
  • yea SWITCHING FROM CONSOLE TO PC
Pick any cool games up recently? Personally I can't put down Persona 5.
  • POKEMON SUN AND MOON
@Unit501 did you ever try shiny hunting?
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Hey, @Justin! I'm honored to answer your question and I thank you very much for asking!

One of my favorite, typically non-metagame, pokemon to use against my friends and at local tournaments is Alomomola. I know it seems unorthodox, but Alomomola has access to a variety of priority moves like Helping Hand and Wide Guard, making it possible to invest 0 EVs into its Speed and having it function wonderfully on any team. Not only that, but with its monstrous 165 base HP stat, Alomomola can tank hits beautifully with little to no investment. Another one of my favorite pokemon to use in battle is Turtonator. Easily my favorite Dragon-Type of Gen 7, I run a Timid Nature with investments into Sp. ATK and Speed. My friends never see it coming! And lastly, a third pokemon I love to use is Escavalier. It has a gross ATK stat, and it's abyssmal Speed secures its place on my non-VGC Hard Trick Room team. Just watch out for Fire-Types. Honestly, sneeze cinders at it and it'll faint...instantly...

So how have you been?

Pretty good, actually. I'm all finished with my exams, so I see a lot of gaming in my near future. I'm ready to let loose, have fun, and I encourage everyone else to do the same!

Here's an interesting idea that I had. As a full-time breeder, once in a while I find myself in need of a very specific pokemon (down-to-the-IV specific). Usually, this mon is used for breeding purposes, whether it's a competitive set or for recreationals. However, when it's for Shiny hunting, things become more complicated, and finding a foreign trade partner with the right mon that's willing to trade is usually pretty tough. Tougher than SOS Chaining a Dhelmise. So why not impliment a forum/thread specifically used for foreign trades? Ideally, it would minimize the amount of scammers, and people that need a foreign mon for their various endeavors can be guaranteed an international mon with a quarter of the hassle they do now. I'm sure it wouldn't be a perfect system, but it's defintely something that would make my life as a breeder A LOT easier.

No. I would have, but there's this mythical thing called money. I hear if you have it wonderful things happen, but sadly, I do not. Thus, no Nintendo Switch for me.

• Pick any cool games up recently?

No new games, but I've been hard at work writing my debut novel! I may be a Pokemon Trainer, but if Gym Leaders get to do what they love on the side, I can too!

Okay, I'll ask @EemsRoro. Aside from Emolga, what is your second favorite Pikachu clone?
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

• Ayee! @stephenWITNESS thanks for the tag  Smile
    • Work lots of work for the summer to save up for Vegas on June  Big Grin
    • definitely giveaways! especially ones that are Battle Ready whenever Mega Stones come out... or random giveaways not the generic Landorus, Metagross, Tapu Koko etc...
    • Try something like Forretress, Heliolisk or more UnderUSED or NeverUSED mons.
    • eventually... i'm waiting for a pure white or pure black switch or themed/bundled consoles like Zelda, Pokemon.. etc  Tongue
    • I picked up the remaster for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4!! super hyped to catch up on the story after YEARSSSSSSSSSS #KingdomHearts3
    • I don't know anyone here sadly lool  Rolleyes
Dead
Go away
No, PC master race
  • Pick any cool games up recently?
Path of Exile Game makes me want to die
@Eckley I'm back, love me, please?
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
I was quite surprised that my Bottle Cap Giveaway is in the community spotlight. :o

So how have you been? Most of the mods have been busy and as such we've been inactive. We're still alive, except AnimeKid. The rest of us are gonna be way more active in the upcoming weeks, sorry for the hiatus.

* Running around in 3 Pokemon communities, as usual. XD
* Will be Missing-In-Action from 8th May to 21st May. XD

What are you interested in seeing from us? We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.

* I don't know. From my past experiences in many Pokemon communities, Pokemon Forever Moderation team is the most active. They are not as corrupted as the ones in Reddit or non-existent as the ones in GameFAQs. Smile

Did you pick up a Switch? Why or why not?

* Waiting for the price to drop and waiting for more games to be released. Smile

Pick any cool games up recently? Personally I can't put down Persona 5.

* I have been playing Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon games recently. Smile
* I have also played some PS4 games. Smile

Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

* I cannot think of any questions. :p
What is a signature and how do I get one?
I've been great trying to get back into Pokemon and get myself into competitive play!
Honestly I'd love to see a shoutbox or some sort of instant messager on the forum.
Id love to get my hands on one but unfortunately I can't afford one at the moment, and I've also see a few bad reviews so I'm on the fence at the moment.
I've been playing Star Wars battlefront hard core on ps4 the last few days, I'm generally top of the leaderboard after games ?