Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Ideas for New Moves
There’s a thread for new megas and new evolutions so I thought it was about for moves to get some love

Here are my two ideas for new moves

Corrosive Acid
Type Poison
Category Special
PP 15
Power 70
Accuracy 100%
Effect- Corrosive Acid deals damage and has a 10% chance to badly poison the foe. If used on a Steel-Type Pokemon this move ignores the type effectiveness of this move’s type against Steel and treats it as being super effective against Steel types instead ( even during Inverse Battle and even if its type is changed ) The type effectiveness of Corrosive Acid against any other types the target has is determined normally

Flirtatious Kiss
Type Fairy
Category Physical
PP 15
Power 50
Accuracy 95%
Effect- Flirtatious Kiss deals damage and has a secondary effect based on the gender of the foe. If used on a Pokemon of the opposite gender that pokemon becomes infatuated and its attack drops by two stages. If used on a Pokemon of the same gender that pokemon becomes confused and its attack increases by two stages. If used on a genderless pokemon there is no secondary effect

Post your ideas for new moves or critique them
I think a move that has attraction as a secondary effect would be pretty interesting. I'm surprised that it hasn't been done already.
I had a few ideas in mind:

Squeezing Hug:
Type: Fairy
Category: Physical
PP: 15
Power: 60
Accuracy: 100
Effect: 15% to cause the target to flinch.

Basically, another physical fairy type attack for possible low level physical Fairy type attackers.

Mercury Cannon:
Type: Steel
Category: Special
PP: 10
Power: 80
Effect: 20% to inflict Poison status on the opponent.

Metal Fang:
PP: 20
Power: 65
Accuracy: 95
Effect: 10% chance to Flinch the enemy and/or 10% chance to increase Defense stat by one stage.

Dust Storm:
Type: Ground
Effect: 15% chance to reduce the enemy's accuracy by one stage.

Heroic Charge:
Type: Fighting
PP: 5
Effect: Speed Priority 2, but reduces your Defense by 1 stage.

I'll be sure to post some more, if I get any more ideas!
(Oct 8, 2015, 09:25 AM)InsaneAnimal Wrote: I had a few ideas in mind:

Squeezing Hug:
Type: Fairy
Power: 60
Effect: 15% to cause the target to flinch.

Basically, another physical fairy type attack for possible low level physical Fairy type attackers.

Mercury Cannon:
Effect: 20% to inflict Poison status on the opponent.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with both of these moves, especially Mercury Cannon! It sounds like it could be a signature move of either a starter or a legendary Pokémon.
Surging Fist
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: "The user attacks the target with a fist bathed in pure energy. This attack deals special damage."

Maelstrom
Type: Fire
Power: 120
Effect: "The user unleashes blasts of fire at the target for two to three turns. The user then becomes confused."
Typhoon
Type: Water/Flying
PP: 8 (max 15)
Power 90
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Deals both supper effective water and flying type damage, hits 2 adjacent targets in a double battle if there is a rain effect active.

Combo Attack <Name WiP>
Catagory: Physical
PP: 25 (Max 36)
Power 10
Effect: Every time this move is used in succession it's power doubles (max 160 after 5 rounds)
Flash Freeze
Type: Ice
Category: Status
Power: --
Accuracy: 60%
Effect: "The user releases a blinding blast of pure cold that leaves the target frozen solid."

Radioactive Blast
Type: Poison
Accuracy: 50%
Effect: "The target is attacked with a ray of atomic energy. This leaves the target badly poisoned."
Mesmerize
Type: Psychic
Category: Support
PP: 15 (max 32)
Priority: +1
Effect: Mesmerize a target forcing it to focus on you for 2-3 rounds.
(Oct 12, 2015, 09:47 PM)Light of Pyro Wrote: Flash Freeze
Accuracy: 60%
Effect: "The user releases a blinding blast of pure cold that leaves the target frozen solid."

Radioactive Blast
Accuracy: 50%
Effect: "The target is attacked with a ray of atomic energy. This leaves the target badly poisoned."

I would like to see something like your radioactive blast idea that leaves target with a burn but is a poison move. It'd shake up the paradigm. That would be a good theme for a fire/poison move if nintendo decided to explore the typing
Got some more ideas here~

Frigid Splash
Type: Water
Power: 90
Accuracy: 85
Effect: 50% chance to reduce opponents Speed by one Stage. (Hits both enemy Pokemon in Double Battles)

Arctic Slam:
Power: 90
Effect: 20% to reduce opponents Speed by one stage.

Permafrost:
Power: 70
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Changes Weather to Hail for 5 turns.

Miasma
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: Inflict Badly Poison status to all Pokemon. (Does not effect Poison and Steel types. Does not effect Pokemon with Immunity ability)

Burn Out:
Type: Fire
Power: 75
Effect: If the user is a Fire type, it will lose it's Fire type until the end of the turn. 10% Chance to Burn the opponent.

Battle Shout:
Type: Fightning
Accuracy: --
Effect: Increase Attack, Special Attack, and Speed by one Stage.