Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Ideas for a competitive Sunflora?
I'd like to try and implement a sunflora into a competitive team but the stats arent the most attractive, any ideas for a possible build?
(Aug 27, 2016, 12:00 PM)Trompelemonde Wrote: I'd like to try and implement a sunflora into a competitive team but the stats arent the most attractive, any ideas for a possible build?
Trick room so the slow sunflora has a chance to go first?
Someone with Trick Room and a Pokemon with Drought or Sunny Day should be with Sunflora. A Sunflora with the ability Solar Polar is useful, plus a Life Orb. Since it can't take that many hits, Synthesis is useful for healing. Solar Beam or Leaf Storm are ideal for it.
Alright, so to run Sunflora competitively the only viable option is to take advantage of it's Solar Power ability. So yes, you will need a sun setter. Based on its stats I'd see it as more of a wallbreaker running either Choice Specs or Life Orb. Leaf Storm, Earth Power, Hidden Power Ice/Sludge Bomb and Synthesis (LO) or Sludge Bomb (Specs)

Sunflora is going to need some VoltTurn support as well, not to mention switch ins for Pokemon that hit it for super effective and entry hazard support and removal so it takes as little chip damage as possible when switching. It fits best on a balanced team in my opinion

Now if you're planning to run it in Doubles, trick room + sun setter is your best bet
@Marcusube 

So would an EV distribution between Sp.atk, HP and Sp.def be recommended?