Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Is it worth it?...
So I've been trying to chain fish for a shiny staryu for the longest time now and I have 8 shiny wailmers and still no luck with the shiny staryu. Would it be worth it still chain fishing for it or switch into the masuda method? Let me know and thanks as always Smile
in my opinion if its just a regular shiny staryu you want no ivs or egg moves then fish chaining would be easier because all you have to do if find the pokemon and run away for the chain to increase your chances, but in masuda method you have to go get the 5 egg and hatch them which takes a while and the do it again but the time you have 5 egg you could have seen 10-15 (probably more) pokemon and its doesnt increase you chances, its just my opinion but i thing sticking with fish chaining is the way to go Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
If it doesnt work with fishing try the other method but i would try chaining some more before you move on cause luck can change
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:05 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: in my opinion if its just a regular shiny staryu you want no ivs or egg moves then fish chaining would be easier because all you have to do if find the pokemon and run away for the chain to increase your chances, but in masuda method you have to go get the 5 egg and hatch them which takes a while and the do it again but the time you have 5 egg you could have seen 10-15 (probably more) pokemon and its doesnt increase you chances, its just my opinion but i thing sticking with fish chaining is the way to go Smile

The only problem is The rate of finding a staryu is a 1 staryu - 8 wailmer ratio as I've been seeing it sometimes even more. not entirely sure which road to take but like you said, hatching all those eggs can take a while... I'm so torn XD
I managed to find a shiny Crawdaunt while fish chaining on Route 3 (X/Y). I only encountered about 3 (including the shiny) in around 100 chain. I agree with Animekid7, you have better odds while fish chaining if you just keep trying.

Hey and on the plus side, you could make peoples day's with those shiny Wailmers that you've been collecting Wink
Shiny Wailmer looks normal to him now.
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:20 PM)Nathan Wrote: I managed to find a shiny Crawdaunt while fish chaining on Route 3 (X/Y). I only encountered about 3 (including the shiny) in around 100 chain. I agree with Animekid7, you have better odds while fish chaining if you just keep trying.

Hey and on the plus side, you could make peoples day's with those shiny Wailmers that you've been collecting Wink

To be fair after I'm done chain fishing I'm giving almost all of them away so yeah :p

(Jan 7, 2015, 03:21 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Shiny Wailmer looks normal to him now.

Not gonna lie I think I've accidentally ran away from some on accident XD
Hi there, any chance I could get one of those shiny Wailmers? Smile
(Jan 7, 2015, 03:49 PM).A. Wrote: Hi there, any chance I could get one of those shiny Wailmers? Smile

Going to probably post a thread for the giveaway once I get my shiny staryu so stay alert Smile
i think fishing is easier