Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Kanto Competition Sets?
(Feb 2, 2016, 02:33 AM)Vohras Wrote: Quick question about these events. Will opponents be able to see my team before the battle starts? Or do you go in blind?

I'm not sure, all the information I got was told by me or by @Excalibur0126 . Sorry!
You only need to participate in at least 3 battles.
Yes, they will be able to see you team before the battle.
On showdown they now have this tier so you can practice and actually prepare to win those 3 battles (or more of course Smile )
(Feb 2, 2016, 06:00 AM)Orodreth Wrote: You only need to participate in at least 3 battles.
Yes, they will be able to see you team before the battle.
On showdown they now have this tier so you can practice and actually prepare to win those 3 battles (or more of course Smile )

Thanks for the additional info!
I now officially hate Clefable. Literally 80% of the teams I've run into on showdown have them. The whole metagame is to plan around Clefable. If you don't have at least 2 pokemon capable of taking it down, you are screwed.
(Feb 3, 2016, 02:10 AM)Vohras Wrote: I now officially hate Clefable. Literally 80% of the teams I've run into on showdown have them. The whole metagame is to plan around Clefable. If you don't have at least 2 pokemon capable of taking it down, you are screwed.

Yeah, these and Dragonite too.
I've seen quite a few Dnites, but I haven't really had a ton of trouble countering them at this point. I should do like a listing for people of the most common sets I've seen so far, so they can plan accordingly.
So far from playing on showdown, sun teams, dragonite, and clefable are literally what all teams are based on. It's going to be a really good idea to start running I think body slam, and poison types for the clefable, as for the sun teams.... Eh, they'll have trouble keeping their sunlight up.

I have seen one trick room team though which might be a very good way to deal with this ultrafast meta.

So far I have spammed a sun team with exeggutor, and it runs through teams. It has some problems with zapdos and bulky things such as snorlax, but its access to sleep powder helps it out. I run solar beam, psyshock, sleep powder, and ancient power.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
(Feb 3, 2016, 01:24 PM)w2gMk Wrote: So far from playing on showdown, sun teams, dragonite, and clefable are literally what all teams are based on. It's going to be a really good idea to start running I think body slam, and poison types for the clefable, as for the sun teams.... Eh, they'll have trouble keeping their sunlight up.

I have seen one trick room team though which might be a very good way to deal with this ultrafast meta.

So far I have spammed a sun team with exeggutor, and it runs through teams. It has some problems with zapdos and bulky things such as snorlax, but its access to sleep powder helps it out. I run solar beam, psyshock, sleep powder, and ancient power.

Cool Exeggutor set! :D
I tried a TR team, but got absolutely squashed. I'm just not sure you can make it viable enough without the items. I haven't really had too many problems with sun teams yet, but I've only played 3-4. Clefable is the main issue I'm having. I really need to find something to run body slam to deal with the minimize one that seems to be popular.
(Feb 3, 2016, 08:07 PM)Vohras Wrote: I tried a TR team, but got absolutely squashed. I'm just not sure you can make it viable enough without the items. I haven't really had too many problems with sun teams yet, but I've only played 3-4. Clefable is the main issue I'm having. I really need to find something to run body slam to deal with the minimize one that seems to be popular.

This is why as much as I want to run zapdos I'm probably gonna run magneton for flash cannon or golbat to spam super fang. Neither plan may be good but it's all I've come up so far.

Edit: I'm also considering a bulky kang with fake out, sucker punch, return and drain punch.