Poll: Do you want me to continue this mini-series?
Yes!
No...
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[MINI-SERIES] I Am An Axew - Weekly Updates
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and today I debut a mini-series featuring my favorite Dragon-Type evolution line: Axew, Fraxure, and Haxorus!

After the feedback I got on my Shiny hunting records (the Cheesecake Kingdom v. Maledict's Army), I thought it'd be fun to introduce a weekly mini-series to showcase my writing skills, as well as try to engage readers through the medium I enjoy the most. Thus, I present to you, "I Am An Axew." A series of inner monologues from the prespective of an Axew that finds himself mysteriously stranded on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pokémon World. Populated by pokémon from every region, he begins to unravel the mystery of the strange land while uncovering hidden truths about his past, and his role in things to come!

Since this VGC season is looking to be pretty stale, I'm hoping this series will replace my biweekly VGC analyses. Hope you'll all support me in this endeavor, and don't forget to enjoy!

Thanks in advance for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

I Am An Axew - #01

I...I'm...where?

What's going on? What's this bright light in my eyes? It's...the sun? Am I on a beach? But, how? I was...I was...I can't remember.

I see a forest, lush and green. What's in there? Should I be afraid? I don't know what's going on.

Okay, okay. Calm down. I should find someone, something. Anyone that I can speak to. Maybe they'd be willing to tell me what's going on, where I am? I should start looking around. I can hear something faint coming from down the coast. Surely, I'll find someone soon.

This sand is so coarse, it kind of hurts my feet. At least the water is nice, though. A crisp shade of blue too. Too bad I'm not on vacation, this would be a cool spot. Nah, what am I saying? I need to find someone who knows what's going on. It doesn't look like the sun will be going down anytime soon, so I guess there's that at least. Oh, nice breeze. Blech! Salt in my nose, salt in my nose!

Where is everyone? It's been a while, and I haven't seen any footprints, heard any voices. Nothing. It's like I'm here alone. I hope not, that'd complicated things. Maybe I should try calling out? No, wait. What if that attracts the wrong kind of thing? Wait, what am I saying? I can spew purple energy from my mouth. What do I have to worry about? Then again, oh...get it together!

Gees, it's hot here. Even with the sun going down it's getting harder to trek in this heat. How am I suppose to keep going if I...wait. Is that...? Is that a Persian? What're they doing stretched out on the beach in this heat? Nevermind, doesn't matter. I wanted to find someone and this is it. Okay, stay calm and be cool. They might be just as lost and confused as you are. You don't want to appear creepy, or helpless. But what do I do if they're mean? Oh right, purple energy. Well, here goes nothing.

They've been staring at me an awfully long time. All I did was say hi. They're not moving, blinking, heck I don't even know if they're breathing. Maybe I should try and continue the conversation on my own? Something like, "Do you know where we are?" or "I was hoping you could answer a few questions," wait...what?

My name? He wants my name? Why should I give him my name? I want his first.

Ruby. Hm. Alright, well then. I guess that's fair. If he wants my name, fine. I'm just an Axew, after all.

- (10/21/2017)
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

So basically Mystery Dungeon with no human
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris

Don't ruin my fun! Also, @wartty...traitor...Tongue

- 0kamii

@0kamii lol omg I hadn't even read it yet I just voted no to be mean then the bus came and I forgot xP Axew should sound a bit cuter !! I can't help but picture Iris's Axew so it's like a little kid in my mind but it might not be but either way he should sound more child like :p
Dont know why I never thought to put this here...
All your Hidden Ability needs in one place <3
@wartty

I only tease, wartty. You can vote however you want. I think this mini-series will be a fun addition to my weekly posting schedule, ain't no one forcing you to read it if you don't want to. And I assure you that Axew isn't like Iris', but as there's only one entry right now, it may be hard to feel otherwise.

- 0kamii

P.S. The public poll was just so I know who to notify when the new entries come out.
Big Grin

@0kamii ohh so that's how you pluralize words that end in sight, thank you ive wondered that never felt right xD lol I swear i swear I forgot to  write the review xP and it makes more sense then if your trying for a mature Axew, I guess I picture Axew as being a bit of a brute so your wording feels too brainy :p Oh and while I got you here did you see my suggestion in the October meet and greet?
@wartty

Actually, yes. I think it's a great idea. It would definitely make organizing the next giveaway easier. Work has had me swamped the last two weeks, I haven't had a chance to put it together. Makes me feel like a bad guild leader.

- 0kamii

@0kamii Lol dont feel bad lifes more important than Pokemon :p Its kinda sad but I thought that up laying in bed one night xP itd make everything a lot more organized like now its just a bunch of threads and its hard to even read all the titles, and wouldnt it be so cool if we could some how design the shops eventually, Amethyst Omega in a crystal cave of some sorta x3 assuming the site picks up a lot in the future :D idk the first thing about coding though so thatd have to be upto someone else, inspired by 4chan ~
@wartty

Yeah. Well, regardless, there'll be a time to decide all of that. For now, I'm going to begin working on next week's addition to this series. I also have a special piece of fanart going live on Monday, so be prepared for that. Big Grin

- 0kamii

Recap

A nameless Axew awoke on the shores of a strange island and found himself wandering down the beach. After finding no apparent signs of other inhabitants, he spotted a oddly lax Persian rolling around in the sand. Introducing themself as Ruby, Axew has many questions for the pokémon. About the island, and how they got there.

I Am An Axew - #02

How could he not know where we are? And why is he acting so callous?

Oh, well. Guess this guy's a bust. No one with half sense would be acting this relaxed in a situation like this. There's gotta be something wrong with him. Maybe I shouldn't be...what?!

Ew, ew, ew! I can't believe he just did that! Gross! Like I want Persian slobber all over my scales? Great, now I'm going to smell like phlegm for the next few days. Minimum. What is his problem? You don't just lick a mon's forehead like that! Have some respect for personal space, Ruby! Gees. What a character. I'm done with this guy.

Why would he tell me not to go in the forest? I'm an Axew! I come from a line of powerful Dragon-Type pokémon! I can handle myself perfectly fine. Hmph. Besides, it's just a normal forest, right? Some Bug-Types, maybe a Flying-Type here and there. Probably a Pikachu or two hiding somewhere because they tend to show up everywhere, no matter where you are. Bah, whatever. Focus. I need to find someone that actually knows what's going on here, and that keeps their tongue to themselves.

This may possibly the thickest forest I've ever been in. I can't see more than a few feet in front of me, and I don't think there's light coming down from the trees at all. Everything looks so dingy. There's a lot of noise around me, though. I can't really make out what it is. There's like...sounds of everything. I think I hear a Pidgey, and a Pineco, and is that a...a Grubbin? There's pokémon from Alola here? I've only ever seen trainers from the region with their partners on the mainland. What is this place? What island could harbor pokémon from all regions? There's a reason they live on separate continents! How can it...huh...?

Crap!

Did they see me? It doesn't look like it. What are they? I think the big one is a Vigoroth. All the way from Hoenn? And he's got some buddies. Looks like Patrat. Ugh, those eyes always freaked me out. What are they saying...? Ambush? Ambush what? Why would mons like these go around picking fights?

No, no. I think they heard that. Why did my stomach have to growl right now?! Oh no, they see me! I have to get out of here! Run, run back to the beach. Maybe then I can...ugh...no...w-what? They used Mean Look! I can't run, huh?!

These guys don't look friendly. Why are they staring at me like that? Those eyes make it worse. I can't stand it, I don't like where this is going. Wait, why is that one cleaning his teeth? What are they going to do? WHAT'S HAPPENING...?!

Whoa...did he just...?

Ruby. T-Thank you, I...I don't know what I should say. He just scared them off, just like that. I thought he was going to, you know what? Nevermind. I guess he was right about going in the forest. The pokémon here are unusually savage. I've never heard of a Patrat acting so devious. And then there's that Vigoroth, whatever his deal is...

Go with him? Well, yeah I guess. Not like I have much of a choice. I don't know where Ruby's taking me, but hopefully it'll have some nicer mons. Gosh, I have so many questions to ask.

- (10/26/2017)

Thank you for the continued support of this mini-series, especially these followers.

@RetroTyphlosion
@Mr. Ultracool
@moo311
@FireTaco

Next update will be next Wednesday. Thanks for reading everyone! Be sure to let me know how I'm doing in the thread. Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii