Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[MUSIC] Do you play an instrument?
(Oct 13, 2015, 01:03 PM)Mutt Wrote: My parents made me play the piano when I was a little kid, about 5 or 6 years old.
Only problem is, I turned out to be a person who goes to punk gigs about twice a week. So much for the piano.

But hey, at least they tried!

Listen to vika on her youtube channel vkgoeswild she plays amazing covers of rock music.
Piano isnt a dead insturment around punk music in my opinion.

I myself played clarinet and bass clarinet in middle school then going into high school picked up the guitar and piano.
I use to play alot of metal music but now I enjoy the sounds of flamenco, jazz, and instrumental. I dont really play alot anymore but I still pick it up whenever I want to learn a good song I hear. This might date me but More than Words by Extreme is a song I recently went back to.
wish i could play guitar but nope im not that cool
Bass mostly
Guitar as well
And i produce on a drum machine and computer.
Guitar and production 3 years
Bass one year

I like all genres cept country and dubstep, specially blues and jazz

My favorite thing to play might be video game themes ^¬^
(Oct 26, 2015, 07:45 AM)Asha Wrote: wish i could play guitar but nope im not that cool

Honestly anybody can play the guitar if you put in enough time. You just need to know going in that you won't be brilliant for a while, and deal with sore fingers haha

(Oct 26, 2015, 08:20 AM)bun Wrote: Bass mostly
Guitar as well
Bass one year

I wasn't a fan of dubstep until I heard Nathan Navarro. I still don't particularly like it, he just showed me there are some pretty talented making dubstep music. Now I'm just practicing trying to sweep as well as him :P
[Image: mayonnaise-1434728426.gif]
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥
(Oct 26, 2015, 09:09 AM)RebornFX Wrote:
(Oct 26, 2015, 07:45 AM)Asha Wrote: wish i could play guitar but nope im not that cool

Honestly anybody can play the guitar if you put in enough time. You just need to know going in that you won't be brilliant for a while, and deal with sore fingers haha

(Oct 26, 2015, 08:20 AM)bun Wrote: Bass mostly
Guitar as well
Bass one year

I wasn't a fan of dubstep until I heard Nathan Navarro. I still don't particularly like it, he just showed me there are some pretty talented making dubstep music. Now I'm just practicing trying to sweep as well as him :P

i agree, anyone can play guitar, just have to get one and start, helps having musically inclined friends to give you a boost, i didnt start playin till i was 22, i started with video game music tabs, once i could play mario i was hooked on guitar

tight, i havent practiced sweeping in a while, i cant forget to develop that skill, lately ive been focusing on slaps and scales. i practice at least an hour a day (i like to practice while watch tv) im saving up for a nice 6 string bass, i like the 6 string cause i can complete scales going all the way down the fretboard,

and i should correct myself, i love dubstep, i hate americanized dubstep, rusko and pretty lights are dubstep and thier two of my favs, when europeaan dubstep got popular in the states, americans were facinated by the wabble bass and i took over the entire genre

although i heard a badass pikachu (americanized) dubstep, loved it, they wabbled pikachu doing the thunderbolt, sick
(Oct 26, 2015, 04:44 PM)bun Wrote: i agree, anyone can play guitar, just have to get one and start, helps having musically inclined friends to give you a boost, i didnt start playin till i was 22, i started with video game music tabs, once i could play mario i was hooked on guitar

tight, i havent practiced sweeping in a while, i cant forget to develop that skill, lately ive been focusing on slaps and scales. i practice at least an hour a day (i like to practice while watch tv) im saving up for a nice 6 string bass, i like the 6 string cause i can complete scales going all the way down the fretboard,

and i should correct myself, i love dubstep, i hate americanized dubstep, rusko and pretty lights are dubstep and thier two of my favs, when europeaan dubstep got popular in the states, americans were facinated by the wabble bass and i took over the entire genre

although i heard a badass pikachu (americanized) dubstep, loved it, they wabbled pikachu doing the thunderbolt, sick

Haha that sounds great!
Sweeps are a lot easier with a 6 string, as you don't necessarily need a right handed tap to do sweeps across two octaves. I love my 6 string just because it opens up a lot of options (and I've always wanted to go lower than E :P). Although I must admit it kind of feeds in to my habit of playing in a box instead of across the entire fretboard, and the neck feels like a cricket bat the first time you pick it up.

If I have one thing to recommend, it would be get a second-hand 6 string. I was able to pick up a German Warwick Corvette $$ 6-string for about 1/6 of the original price. It had a bit of body wear but nothing serious and it plays like a dream. I've heard there can be issues with lower end models having a floppy B string, I have no experience with them so I wouldn't know but it makes me happy I was able to get a high end bass at a great price.

And for slap bass, if you haven't heard Victor Wooten play then you're missing out Smile I'm working on incorporating the double thumb technique in to my playing. As for scales, I'm kind of just trying to memorise the modes of the harmonic minor and the double harmonic minor scales for more heavy songs, mainly because a piece my guitar teacher and I have been writing is in D Phrygian dominant (the fifth mode of G harmonic minor) and I struggle improvising to it at times.
(Oct 26, 2015, 04:32 PM)PrincessSylveon Wrote: [Image: mayonnaise-1434728426.gif]

Sadly no because the world hates us mayonnaise players
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
Let me think, in elementary school I played the flute for a little bit, but didn't pick up another instrument until my senior year in high school. There I learned guitar and piano, as well as how to read and write sheet music (at a very basic level, as I had not performed in band). Now approaching my mid 20's I am aspiring to play the harp and am very passionate about it. I actually own one, an antique 100 year old Celtic lever harp from Ireland, I hope to get it restrung so I could play pokemon music on it Smile
I'm trying to get back into playing the ocarina and finding the time to practice is difficult due to my new work schedule. I used to play just about everyday and I learned through tabs but now I'm trying to learn sheet music.