Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[MUSIC] Favourite Video Game music
Music 
This is a discussion I used to have a lot when I was in Secondary school and it's hard to pin-point and all the factors.
Basically, list your favourite video game music pieces with a link to it so people can listen to it too and don't forget your reasons why Smile
One rule: it has to be from a game not a re-orchestrated, or remixed version! (Smash bros versions do count though!)

My favourite for:

Nostalgia
- "Champion/Red Battle theme" from Pokemon GSC & HG/SS & B2/W2
(I remember just going around Kanto and finding myself in somewhere I had never been before, went through a cave and found none-other-than Red. I had no clue he was in it and the battle was so tricky. But that music and surprise stays with me.)

The feels
- "Midna's Lament" from LoZ Twilight Princess
(dat piano doe... it's just too many feel)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nq-gEG-E04

OR

- "And what if I can't... What if I'm not worthy of her ideals?" from Fire Emblem: Awakening
(it's a sad part of a game with a VERY rich story for a handheld)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKCl3Vn-EwY

The adrenaline/getting you pumped
- "Last Battle (Vs Rival) from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
(I always found E4 very difficult. I completed it for the first time last year. Appalling I know. I just never had the initative for the revives/potions when I was a kid so when I got to Blue it was VERY stressful xD )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdIzUURHbkI

The (hands-down) favourite
So difficult to choose my favourite but it would have to be:
-"File Select" from LoZ Skyward Sword
(the strings just make this lovely ditty a fantastic piece :3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILllSNsx2Kc

Please write yours below!
I really like the music from the Kid icarus uprising series:

My Favorite
-"Dark Pit's Theme" from Kid Icarus Uprising
(at first it fells like it does fit Dark pits character is really bassy and feels like something out of a western movie but i love it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgGsetFrCM
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Gym Leader Theme - Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Nostalgia. Stuff is going down when you hear this. Brings back a hell of a lot of memories when I was a kid playing Pokemon Yellow.

Cipher Admin Theme - Pokemon Colosseum
Another nostalgia song. Pokemon know how to do their boss music. One of my favourite pieces in all of the Pokemon music selection. When this came on in Pokemon Colosseum, you were going to be in a tough fight.

Best Pokemon Song Ever
If this doesn't get you up and dancing..
Seriously, this theme is definitely my favourite in Pokemon Colosseum and one of my all time favourite music tracks.

Pokemon Center Theme - Super Smash Bros
It's a new style on the old Pokemon Center theme that Pokefans have listened to generation on generation. This version is just way more upbeat and triumphant.

Battle With a Formidable Enemy - Fantasy Life
I sure do like my boss music, don't I?
The first time I heard this song was when I was fishing for a golden swordfish in a whirlpool. I heard this go on and I was just like "OHHHHHH."
Fantasy Life's OST is amazing along with the game. If I were to list all of them, my list would definitely stretch out. My other favourites from Fantasy Life are Theme of Courage, The Pinch, Happy Life, Theme of Hope, and Mount Snowpeak Summit.

Forest Life - Animal Crossing
If there's any song that hits my nostalgia bone the hardest, it's Forest Life. The main theme from the Gamecube Animal Crossing. It's just so relaxing and catchy.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - Philistine
I think almost all NMH-music is absolutely hilarious, but this one is probably my favourite. Margaret is one of my favourite characters.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - Xion's Theme
Days is one of my least favourite Kingdom Hearts games, but it does contain my favourite scene out of any of them. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about. This theme is so beautiful.

Bayonetta - Fly me to the Moon
Bayonetta is one of my fav games of all time and this theme just captures the feel of it so well.
Ghostly Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
Not sure why I like this song. I guess it's just the ominous feel to the music

The Ultimate Show - Super Paper Mario
An epic final boss music before the world all gets sucked into The Void..Or so it seems.

Luigi's Mansion Theme - Luigi's Mansion
One heck of a catch theme song. Sometimes I start humming it and I don't even realize it. It was one heck of a game too, I have it and play it on my Wii sometimes. I never got to the end of the game, but I've seen it on Youtube and it give me the feels.

Clock Town 1st day - Majora's Mask
I got Majoras Mask for the virtual console on my Wii about 2 years ago. This song just got stuck in my head.
(Jan 14, 2015, 02:54 PM)Clubpenguin796 Wrote: Luigi's Mansion Theme - Luigi's Mansion
One heck of a catch theme song. Sometimes I start humming it and I don't even realize it. It was one heck of a game too, I have it and play it on my Wii sometimes. I never got to the end of the game, but I've seen it on Youtube and it give me the feels.

I swear, this has been stuck in my head since 2002. This orchestrated version is awesome, though!

Might as well add this:

Punch-Out!! - Main Theme
Few things get me as pumped as this theme. It's THE best work-out music.
Oh Goomy, I got more...

Dreamy Castle Rendezvous - Mario and Luigi Dream Team

Another catchy song.

Dream Battle - Mario and Luigi Dream Team

Love the guitar(?) in the intro.

Okay I'm done kappa

How did I forget this beaut' Smile
(Jan 16, 2015, 12:02 PM)EspeonKing Wrote:

How did I forget this beaut' Smile

The Super Smash Bros version of this makes it sound incredibly epic.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
(Jan 16, 2015, 05:20 PM)Skarric Wrote: The Super Smash Bros version of this makes it sound incredibly epic.

so true. There are two types of people in the world those that pick Theme A, and those who are just plain wrong. Which are you? Kappa