Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] Lilligant Moveset - Special Attacker (Sweeper)
Base stats HP 70 / Atk 60 / Def 75 / SpA 110 / SpD 75 / Spe 90
Abilities Chlorophyll, Own Tempo & Leaf Guard (HA)

[Image: 549.gif]
Lilligant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 60 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Please forgive me but i'm too lazy to do the damage calculation right now. I might do it once I get home today kappa

Information about why I picked these moves

- Giga Drain
STAB grass move that also gives you HP back. Is there any reason why Lilligant shouldn't have this move?

- Quiver Dance
I'm using the same tactic as I did with my Vivillon build but in case you didn't see that one: I'm using this move after I put the other pokemon to sleep so I can set up and can do even more damage with Giga Drain.

- Sleep Powder
I love this move and I always have to try my best to not abuse it since I want things to be fair and it's just boring to win by putting every pokemon to sleep. But as i said before i'm using Sleep powder on this set so that Lilligant has some time to set up/regains some HP points with using giga drain while the other pokemon is asleep.

- Hidden Power [Ice]
I picked for HP Ice here since my friend (In the showdown replay) LOVES to use Breloom and let me tell you: That Breloom is the spawn of satan so I picked HP Ice to deal with him, he sadly didn't bring him with this fight. But you could also go for HP Rock for neutral coverage or HP Fire to deal with Ferrothorn, Scizor or Escavalier

Summary
First of all: I love Lilligant and I had so much fun training it in pokemon Black/White so of course I needed to find a way to make it usable in battle and guess what? I did .. I think. Normally I use Lilligant in a sun team with a Drought Ninetails as lead. But anything that likes bulky Water-types removed will enjoy having Lilligant as a partner, like something as frail as a Infernape to slow attackers like Conkeldurr.

Pokemonshowdown replay Please go to turn 19 since the Lilligant-sweep starts there.
This video was against a friend who's trying to get competitive again with pokemon so my username is a little different here since i'm known as Atsuko on that forum.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-164481811
really awesome build eeveeli Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
moving to competitive builds =) great job! I'm going to assume this works best in a smogon setting since your battle was singles. If it works well in both let me know!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I've played this exact lilligant before. My problem with it is for competitive that unless its in Smogon like Justin says above where tiers are implemented and it is singles, Lilligant for VGC is very hard to use especially with Priority Brave Bird Talonflame. But aside from that I really like the set because other than Priority moves killing it, this set really is a very nice sweeper.
(Nov 15, 2014, 08:12 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: I've played this exact lilligant before. My problem with it is for competitive that unless its in Smogon like Justin says above where tiers are implemented and it is singles, Lilligant for VGC is very hard to use especially with Priority Brave Bird Talonflame. But aside from that I really like the set because other than Priority moves killing it, this set really is a very nice sweeper.

Yea I agree with you! It works great in the most smogon single battles I had but it probably won't be any good in VGC unless you have a follow me user like Pachirisu next to it who can eat up those brave birds so that Lilligant can setup normally without being killed.
Have you ever tried her with Petal Dance, using the ability Own Tempo?
120 BP vs 75 BP it's a really nice boost in damage, and even with the Giga Drain sustain, she really dies in one hit usually.
Obviusly this set is more like a late-game sweeper, and doesn't need sun, but just setup with Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance, and you don't care about the confusion because Own Tempo, or you can even keep Chlorophyll and the Lum Berry.
For the item you can even opt for a Focus Sash to garant yourself a second chance if Sleep Powder miss or nother turn alive against a revenge killer.
Finally, i suggest you a Timid nature, since you're going to hit pretty hard with only one boost and Petal Dance (and a Life Orb if you prefer), and the speed could help you with the first Sleep Powder or for some speed tie after 1 boost (if not under the sun).
(Nov 16, 2014, 06:07 AM)gabky Wrote: Have you ever tried her with Petal Dance, using the ability Own Tempo?
120 BP vs 75 BP it's a really nice boost in damage, and even with the Giga Drain sustain, she really dies in one hit usually.
Obviusly this set is more like a late-game sweeper, and doesn't need sun, but just setup with Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance, and you don't care about the confusion because Own Tempo, or you can even keep Chlorophyll and the Lum Berry.
For the item you can even opt for a Focus Sash to garant yourself a second chance if Sleep Powder miss or nother turn alive against a revenge killer.
Finally, i suggest you a Timid nature, since you're going to hit pretty hard with only one boost and Petal Dance (and a Life Orb if you prefer), and the speed could help you with the first Sleep Powder or for some speed tie after 1 boost (if not under the sun).

Hmm I know that Petal Dance was a move that most Lilligants use but I never gave her the ability Own Tempo before since I mostly run her in my sun-teams. I actually had the move Petal Dance on this moveset before I switched it out to HP Ice since I wanted to take care of some annoying pokemons that could sweep my whole team. (Like for example the Breloom I also mentioned in my build) But I never really have been in a situation where my Lilligant died in 1HIT, or it was with a super-effective move, but most of the time I could put those threats to sleep before they attacked Lilligant thanks to the boost in the sun/boosts from the Quiver Dance.

But I agree with you that this set that you have in mind is also a great way to build your Lilligant (or even better) especially if you don't run her in a sun-team like me with Own Tempo + Petal Dance. I'll try to build a team with this asap and write something about it in the topic. ^^
Lilligant naturally has enough defense to not get OHKOed by neutral attacks so no need for Focus sash is perfect. I really like the idea of Own Tempo then a moveset of Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, and Giga drain. I personally run it as a late game sweeper because you don't want to be down 4-2 and hoping their last pokemon dosen't wake up and slam on you. I'd use it as an actual runner up from my lead. Because at this point they are still trying to get a feel for your team and if they have something that counters lilligant that you didn't know of, well now you do and you make adjustments.