Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Moveset for Sealeo
Hey Guys, today I want to show a moveset for Sealeo. Please rate this set and comment it ^^
At first we look at the base stats:
http://files.pokefans.net/sprites/link-battle/364.png
Here you can that Sealeos Defense and Special Defense Stats are the same. So that means you can play it Special Defensive or Defensive. The HP stat is ok if you put 252 IV's in it, it has 384 HP (Level 100). And with 75 base Special Attack it can deal a little bit damage.

IV's and Nature
Special Defensive Set:
252 EV's HP
252 EV's SpDef
4     EV's SpAtk
if you want a little more damage:
240 EV's HP
252 EV's SpDef
16   EV's SpAtk

Nature: Calm, +SpDef/-Atk

Defensive Set:
252 EV's HP
252 EV's Def
4    EV's SpAtk
if you want a little more damage:
240 EV's HP
252 EV's Def
16   EV's SpAtk

Nature: Bold

Moveset and Item

1-Super Fang
2-Toxic
3-Roar
4-Icy Wind

Item: Eviolite

if you want more damage:

1-Super Fang
2-Toxic
3-Scald
4-Ice Beam

if you want some HP back:

1-Super Fang
2-Toxic
3-Scald
4-Rest

with Sleep Talk:

1-Super Fang
2-Scald
3-Rest
4-Sleep Talk

Set Explaination

With Eviolite you can get an Special Defensive/Defensive stat of 393 (Level 100). This is a higher stat than, Vaporeon,Jellicent, ... and one point lower than Umbreon. So you get a Physical or Special Tank.
With Super Fang you can destroy other tanks and wall them. If they toxic or burn you, you can use Rest to get this away. Icy Wind could be annoying if the opponent switch or something. With Scald you have a chance to burn. Toxic to toxic other Pokemon. Roar, so your opponent must switch.

Negative
Maybe you noticed already. Sealeo need the 5th Attack Slot. Every Moveset work, i tested all. If you play against an Poison Tank Sealeo can't do anything, like Tentacruel or Dragalge. Sealeo is really slow, so you get outspeeded very often (for this Icy Wind). You can't get your Health back, only with Rest, but when you play without Sleep Talk you must Sleep 2 Turns.

This is moveset i wanted to show you. I hope you could get Introduction to Sealeo. You think I am wrong? Tell me ^^
Thank you have been wanting to know :D
Firstly, Sealeo doesn't get Scald

Secondly, Sealeo, unlike Vaporeon, Jellicent etc., is held back by its Water/Ice typing. Being weak to Fighting and losing a key resistance to Steel isn't really a good thing plus its also weak to Stealth Rock (takes 25% each time it switches in) meaning it can be easily worn down if its constantly forced to switch.

Thirdly, though Sealeo's defenses may be higher, its HP stat is still inferior to the other Pokemon. Not to mention how after Knock Off, its defenses are harshly hindered (this is pretty obvious though and not as much of a valid argument as the latter)

What this Sealeo aims to do, it struggles to due to its typing and its inability to stall with it having little resistances and lack of reliable recovery. I'd say a set of Rest, Toxic, Ice Beam/Surf and Roar would work best in performing Sealeo's intended niche
First I meant surf not Scald xD
Second you've right in all aspects.
This Sets are only Try Out Sets.
They are only working in PU
But Thank you for your opion.
Juli