Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEWS] Pokémon Ultra Hyped and Ultra Excited
A FAMITSU Interview revealed some really, REALLY awesome news for the upcoming games.

- Junichi Masuda is in charge of fully supervising the games. {Nice, Masuda, don't let us down}
- GAME FREAK was relieved to hear Z-Moves were greatly received by fans. {Z-Celebrate <3}
- For Sun and Moon, GAME FREAK worked on balancing bosses making them easy to beat if players used strategy, but punished them if they went in recklessly. {Explains my struggle with Totem Pokémon compared to some}
- The reason for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is to give players more variety so they don't get stuck with the same image of Alola {Like B2W2?}
- The games are not a sequel but a story with some divergence from Sun and Moon { In case you were confused}
- The Ultra Recon Squad is where the story changes, they appear in the opening so you start off with a new sense of excitement {Nice}
- On top of a new main story, there will be an additional Post game story. GAME FREAK tease that those who are looking at it like what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl should expect an even larger, quote, "Ultra Change" to come. {Hmmmmm....}
- The Ultra Recon Squad arrived through an Ultra Wormhole from a different world, and a new element is being added that has the protagonist and company travel to all kinds of different worlds. {Note the lack of 'new' worlds. I wonder...}
- Pokémon will be easier to catch and train compared to Sun and Moon {THANK YOU}
- If we compare just the story volume alone, Ultra Sun and Moon would be about DOUBLE that of Sun and Moon {What.}
- Using the Ultra Warp Ride, players will be able to travel to different worlds, even meeting certain Legendary Pokémon. For example;
*ahem*

MEWTWO!!!!!!

I'm 100% getting these games
OU MASTER RACE
Sometimes I wonder if Hoopa has any relation to Ultra Space. Sure, his rings are fancier, but do they not ultimately fill a similar 'purpose' as the ultra wormholes? I mean, they throw all the other legendaries about the place. Ultra wormholes throw certain characters all other the place.

I don't know, it's just a source of curiosity for me when I'm bored. Please don't ruin it for me.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
MEWTWO!  MY PURPLE KITTY BABY!  Smile  HE WAS MY FAVE BACK IN THE DAY.  I may be tempted by these games after all...
@Chansey At this point I'm convinced. I'll be a little sad if Ho-Oh & Lugia make no appearance but we don't know anything like that yet. As a side note I hope e can Shiny Hunt for Mewtwo
OU MASTER RACE
Totally hyped up now I'm hitting the store as soon as it drop Big Grin

Would be a bummer if giratina isn't in this Sad they could make it so you could travel to his world via Ultra Warp Ride since he's a legendary who actually has his own world aka the distortion world.
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
Hiii, Are they hinting that there might be extra gym leaders stuff?
OOOOOH NOOOOOO YOU GUYS DON'T REALIZE HOW BADLY THIS IS GOING TO RUIN VGC OOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOO

Okay, so, you see, according to the rules, the whole National Dex is allowed. This set a few to alarm as we realized, ohhhh nooo,  Xerneas, Groudon, Kyogre, and other game-breaking legendaries would be allowed. But then we realized, oh, only Pokemon obtained in Alola are allowed. Since those legendaries aren't breedable and aren't found in Alola, we're safe!
WRONG.
Now, its been announced that we can travel to other dimesions and capture legendaries. Great! Woohoo! Fun!
NO. 
Because now, those legendaries will have been caught in these games, and therefore allowed in VGC. Since they will probably pick the most popular legendaries to be in it, we can rest assured that our "best pals" will be making a comeback.
So, there goes our chance of having a fun VGC year. We went from strategic plays and teams to a rerun of VGC 16, with Weather Control and Geomancy spam.
Fun.
@0kamii Read this.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
(Oct 17, 2017, 06:59 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: OOOOOH NOOOOOO YOU GUYS DON'T REALIZE HOW BADLY THIS IS GOING TO RUIN VGC OOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOO

Okay, so, you see, according to the rules, the whole National Dex is allowed. This set a few to alarm as we realized, ohhhh nooo,  Xerneas, Groudon, Kyogre, and other game-breaking legendaries would be allowed. But then we realized, oh, only Pokemon obtained in Alola are allowed. Since those legendaries aren't breedable and aren't found in Alola, we're safe!
WRONG.
Now, its been announced that we can travel to other dimesions and capture legendaries. Great! Woohoo! Fun!
NO. 
Because now, those legendaries will have been caught in these games, and therefore allowed in VGC. Since they will probably pick the most popular legendaries to be in it, we can rest assured that our "best pals" will be making a comeback.
So, there goes our chance of having a fun VGC year. We went from strategic plays and teams to a rerun of VGC 16, with Weather Control and Geomancy spam.
Fun.
@0kamii Read this.

None of those are confirmed
OU MASTER RACE
@Drangor2 No, nothing was mentioned about a potential Gym system returning
OU MASTER RACE
@RetroTyphlosion

Thanks for the tag, Retro.

Yeah, while it's not confirmed, that sure looks to be the case. Even if they ban Xerneas and the Weather Trio, any substitute pokémon that can preform the same roles will be rocketed to A tier. We'll have a metagame populated by the same 12 - 20 pokémon, and that's no fun at all. Looks like we have a rather boring season coming up, especially if Xerneas and the like DON'T get banned.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder