Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Need ideas to fill a team for doubles
Hey there. I need some ideas to fill my team for doubles. Here i have the first half:

1) Servine - Item: Eviolite - Ability: Contrary
Nature: Bold
EV's: 200HP, 120 DEF, 188 SPDEF
Moves:
Protect
Glare
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

2) Rotom - Wash - Item: Sitrus Berry - Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EV's: 248 HP, 216 DEF, 44 SP. DEF
Moves:
Protect
Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump

3) Heatran - Item: Choice Scarf - Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
EV's: 56 HP, 252 SP. ATK, 200 SPD
Moves:
Heat Wave
Earth Power
Flash Cannon
Ancient Power

Heatran is there to take the fire and poison attacks for servine, since he is immune thx to his ability and steel type, and also because ice, bug and flying won't do that much damage. Heatran also is there to destroy the threats for servine and the grass threat for rotom-wash, and rotom is there to cancel the ground and water threats for heatran.

Now i just need 3 more pokemons that can fill this team, and since i already have 3 sp. attackers in my team, i would need the rest of 3 to be attackers. Also I would like a bulky pokemon.

Here are some videos how the strategy works:
HLHG-WWWW-WW28-DRUJ
RWXG-WWWW-WWW28-DJR5
7LTW-WWWW-WW28-DJQB

Any idea is welcomed. Even if it means to change some of the pokemons, except servine.
First off this idea seems very interesting, but i feel it will never work once you get into the top of the VGC ladder. First Surperior is far better than eviolite Servine. The only thing I can say is that this Servine has a 31% chance of living a Brave Bird from Talonflame. If I were you I would pair up this Serperior with a bulky pokemon or prankster screener such as Meowstic. Meowstic actually works great here as it can set up a reflect as Serperior protects and then quick guard so Talonflame is walled. Second, Rotom and Heatran work great here, as 2 of the best pokemon in the meta. The natural bulk of the 2 works well together and switching Heatran out of Lando T earthquakes lets Rotom come in safe. Also Scarf Heatran is currently being quite common now, which means it could go either Sub Leftovers or scarf which makes it even more dangerous. As for the other 2 pokemon a mega seems to fit in here. Mega evolutions seem to be necessary on every VGC team these past 2 years. Looking at this team now, it seems to have a lack of physical attackers and weak to ghost and dark types. Azumarril and Kangaskhan (Mega of course) seem to fit this perfextly. All in all the team should end up like this:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 100 Atk / 160 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Serperior @ Life Orb/ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 108 HP / 120 Def / 100 SpA / 36 SpD / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]/Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect/Giga Drain

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 60 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat

Meowstic @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Quick Guard

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Super Power
- Aqua Jet/Super Power

Hope this helped, good luck with your battles. Maybe we will battle one day!
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Jun 23, 2015, 08:06 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: First off this idea seems very interesting, but i feel it will never work once you get into the top of the VGC ladder. First Surperior is far better than eviolite Servine. The only thing I can say is that this Servine has a 31% chance of living a Brave Bird from Talonflame. If I were you I would pair up this Serperior with a bulky pokemon or prankster screener such as Meowstic. Meowstic actually works great here as it can set up a reflect as Serperior protects and then quick guard so Talonflame is walled. Second, Rotom and Heatran work great here, as 2 of the best pokemon in the meta. The natural bulk of the 2 works well together and switching Heatran out of Lando T earthquakes lets Rotom come in safe. Also Scarf Heatran is currently being quite common now, which means it could go either Sub Leftovers or scarf which makes it even more dangerous. As for the other 2 pokemon a mega seems to fit in here. Mega evolutions seem to be necessary on every VGC team these past 2 years. Looking at this team now, it seems to have a lack of physical attackers and weak to ghost and dark types. Azumarril and Kangaskhan (Mega of course) seem to fit this perfextly. All in all the team should end up like this:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 212 HP / 100 Atk / 160 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Serperior @ Life Orb/ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 108 HP / 120 Def / 100 SpA / 36 SpD / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]/Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect/Giga Drain

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 60 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat

Meowstic @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Quick Guard

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off/Super Power
- Aqua Jet/Super Power

Hope this helped, good luck with your battles. Maybe we will battle one day!

Thx 4 your help