Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New to competitive
Hey everyone I am new to competitive Pokemon and am looking for some help making a team so I can get started breeding them, I don't know alot about the meta game or what works well together so any advice is welcomed :p

I want to try and make a team from the following Pokemon for the doubles battles, not sure if that's what it's called but what ever one you take 4 Pokemon and battle 2 at a time hehe

Talon flame
Hydreigon
Drudigon
greninja
aegislash
tyrantrum
Sylvion
Excadrill
Gallade
Rhyperior
Garchomp
Metagross
Salamance
Altaria
Aggron
Manetric
Mawille
Sableye
Blaizkin
Swampert
Tyranitar
Scizor
Dragonite
gyarados

I haven't listed any legendary Pokemon but that doesn't mean I don't want to use them, especially lando t :p
If possible I realy want to either have scizor or aegislash in the team or both if possible aswel as greninja but feel free to suggest anything Smile
It's going to be a bit difficult to make a team around Tyrantrum and Druddigon seeing as how the superior Dragons easily swat them.

You can make a Sand Rush team with Tyranitar + Scizor, go hyper offensive with Talonflame, Salamence, Manectric, Greninja and Gallade, play a bit more defensively with Gyarados, Scizor, Swampert, Metagross, Hydreigon and Sylveon or run a Trick Room team with Gallade, Rhyperior, Sylveon, Druddigon and Tyrantrum. We, the community members, can help you build a team, however, it all depends on your battle style. If we make a team for you and you can't use it then it would be kind of a waste in my opinion.
[Insert signature here]
Yeah I was thinking about my play style and I'd say I tend to go either full on defensive or full on attacking, I'm not one for trick room, sand rush or any types like that tbh. I quite like the defensive ones you listed there, seems like that could be some fun. I also seen a team earlier with mega blaizikin, thunderous-t, greninja, hydreigon, aegislash and I cannot for the life of me remember what the last one was :s but either way it looked like a perfect team for me, if you have any idea what type of team that may have been and possibly what the last Pokemon could have been then I'd love to give it a go as well as the defensive team you suggested :D
For hyper offense, you can run a nice Pledge combo with Mega Blaziken and Greninja. Basically you get the Serene Grace affect which makes Rock Slides always flinch. Have Thundurus-I for support against Pokemon like Talonflame and whatever possesses a means to hinder the strategy, Aegislash for offensive support and Hydreigon for even more offensive pressure. Overall super offensive but don't expect to have a fun time against Trick Room teams and bulky Pokemon. As for defensive, just by using Pokemon with nice bulk and little weaknesses that can hit hard is all you really need though things like Taunters, Pokemon with Feint and hyper offensive Pokemon always makes this a hard thing to keep consistent
[Insert signature here]
Just a word of advice, Sand Rush, Trick Room, and other styles of play like that are very common in the meta game today. These styles are some of the best to play with. Styles like this can win a lot of battles. If you want to play the doubles style, which is VGC, you must have a set strategy and goal in what your team wants to accomplish. Rain, Sun, Sand, and Hail are common weather strategies as well as trick room. If you do not want to use these strategies you must learn to counter them. Speed control is key here so learn how to control the speed of the pokemon on the field. Most of all experience is really the only way to be good at pokemon. Other than that youre good.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug