Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Nintendo Lately
Don't get me wrong but I love nintendo, but is it me or has nintendo had some bad buisiness practices lately... It first started last year when the club nintendo platinum rewards were all digital games that I could've used to get platinum in the first place. Next the new 3ds (regular size, the one I and a lot of others want) doesn't have a foreseeable release date in the US and today club nintendo gets shut down entirely... Nintendo needs to step up and learn what people really want now.
They're giving us a replacement for Club Nintendo soon though, most likely just virtual rewards instead of the few physical rewards we had on Club Nintendo
I understand that but I fear and believe that this new service will be digital rewards only
(Jan 20, 2015, 06:09 PM)Pelias26 Wrote: I understand that but I fear and believe that this new service will be digital rewards only

Yeah I know what you mean. I love the physical rewards so I do hope they keep some of those and even add new ones.
I hope we get a club nintendo of japan type service with a LOT more physical rewards... Lately they have just been posters (which are still pretty good) and game cases.....
I don't think they are bad practices. First off, the Platinum rewards last years was not all that bad imo... sure we did not get physical rewards but I ended up with a 10 dollar mario vs. DK game that I did not have.

As for the whole New 3ds fiasco, this is where I believe Nintendo excells at reading the demographic. They know damn well its in their best interest to not release the smaller unit and for good reason. They realize that the majority of sales will be going towards the XL (which is what Im getting.) Not to mention they know the people buying this are the repeat customers who buy a Nintendo handheld every time one is released, thus why there is no charger this time around < < Is that really a big deal anyway... I have three AC adaptors lol . Last but not least, a good majority of the people who had their eyes set on the small unit are now forced to spend the extra money if they want the upgrade.

Pretty smart practices soo far.

Now the bigger fish to fry would be Amiibos, there is hardly any support for them as of yet because of how new they are which is understandable but to discontinue certain figures like Marth makes no sense specially with Code Name Steam around the corner. That bugs me because I have yet to pick up a single Amiibo.

And my last discrepency with Nintendo would be the S.E MM New 3ds. The way this system is being rolled out is a joke. First of all the system sold out before 70% of the fan base knew about it, and even then I have no Idea why people want that hiddeous machine. Nintendo has no clue how to do a zelda themed system right. How about actually putting the Hero on the system and coloring it green for once......nah GOLDs good.

All in all Nintendo is pretty smart when it comes to the handheld market.
I and a lot of others have decided not to buy the xl and wait for the regular edition... I don't want to spend the extra money to buy a bigger machine that is less portable. The club nintendo rewards weren't that bad I agree, but they weren't exclusive, I could've bought all of those games beforehand and would not even get a reward. But seriously nintendo needs to learn how to restock stuff...
I have a feeling you guys are gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. There is no advantage for Nintendo to release the smaller unit down the road. As far as I see it, if its not getting released Feb 13th its never getting released here in the states.

This is Nintendos last push for the 3ds...I gauarentee you that by e3 2016 you will see the next handheld itteration which I bet my bottom dollar will be called the "HDS" High Def Dual Screen. Unfortunatly many see the 3d as a gimmick and sadly Nintendo will do away with it.

Now people keep talking about the XL not being portable... do adults really shove their 3ds's in their pockets or is that just a kid thing? I for one could not imagine having my 3ds's out of my cases... My original 3ds has been in a case since day 1 and it still somehow has a few light scratches on the system and it drives me absolutely nuts...My dsi XL and 3ds XL share a nintendo universal case which also holds 8 games and I still consider that very portable. Sure its a bit bulky but at least my systems and games are protected from pocket abuse.
I am a high schooler and even the regular 3ds is hard to put in my pocket at times... Not for school but for anywhere else I go. I get what you are saying about it not being a problem but it make no sense for it to be marketed as portable then if people are claiming it is not (like the virtual boy) it was "portable" but people wouldn't bring it around places. I don't see why it would be a bad decision in the long road because they already have the machine made, they just have to change the region locking on it to NTSC even if they do have bad sales, the money made off of faceplates would make up for that

Ps- that HDS idea is genius
I think the regular sized 3DS is a waste. I just upgraded to an XL finally in December and is way better. Never going back to a regular one. The main reason why people tend to buy the regular one is because it's cheaper than the XL by quite a bit. I can honestly care less if only the big one comes out personally. Nintendo knows that the XL will sell a lot better because it has been on previous version of the DS family.

I get the argument that they aren't as portable but there is always a way. Stick it in a back pack, a bag, your big pocket, your laptop bag, etc... I am not disagreeing or arguing with you. Nintendo just knows what sells and what the majority wants. Who knows maybe in 6 months from the release date they will release the smaller versions.