Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Dex Nav Chaining help!
Hello everyone, just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong, im currently at a 310 dex nav chain trying to find my shiny roselia but no luck yet, I've seen many people obtain a shiny through dex nav chaining within 60-100 mostly and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. For people who like things visually I made a short video showing how I do it and what may be breaking my chain Hopefully you guys can help out! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVFVMku...rShEQEV4Nw
I don't think you are doing anything wrong (: RNG is just very very bad sometimes ^^;
(Jan 3, 2015, 09:52 AM)adizz00 Wrote: I don't think you are doing anything wrong (: RNG is just very very bad sometimes ^^;

I really hope so because I've been going at this for a while XD. I guess its not a whole loss because every 15 kills i grab all the held items off my diggersby's. Thanks for the reply! Smile
welcome (:

I tried chaining so far 3 times, I had a result only once: a shiny Pika on chain 56 ^^

The other two were around ~70 as I broke them ^^; (both on Ralts)
Can anyone give me tips cause I suck at dex nav chaining

P.S. I only got a shiny feebas,milotic,and wailmer because of continious chain fishing and I got them all in one day but after those days I cant find anymore
(Jan 3, 2015, 10:12 AM)Omega99 Wrote: Can anyone give me tips cause I suck at dex nav chaining

You can see Justin flynn's guide here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psipsvCJBao
if you dex nav chain, you will know if you broke your chain or not by paying attention to the level of the pokemon you encounter. Ill list an example.

Chain #1-4 Pokemon level is 10
Chain #5 Pokemon level is 20
Chain #6-9 Pokemon level is 11
Chain #10 Pokemon level is 21
Chain #11-14 Pokemon level is 12

So there is a clear pattern to the level of the pokemon and where you are in the chain. Also, things that I have personally tested that DO NOT break the chain is going into your bag to use heal items, switching out pokemon, and of course the fainting a pokemon wont break the chain, but you can also catch a pokemon to continue the chain if you run out of moves, or find a pokemon with a nice egg move or Hidden Ability, I have also tested changing the lower screen App to use an O-Power and even that didnt break the chain. What does break the chain however is Running from a battle or while trying to sneak up on the pokemon and it runs away.

I would also like to mention that if you go to search for a pokemon (like your rosella for example) and the dex nav doesnt find one. and while trying to reset the dex nav another random pokemon shows up on the dexnav, if you encounter that pokemon and either faint or catch it, that WILL continue your chain.

I hope this helped clarify things for you, and good luck with that shiny hunt. Using this method i've caught 2 shiny Bunearys in the safari zone, and my chain was 130 on the first chain and 84 on the second, so there is still a random chance to encounter a shiny, and the odds of finding one in relation to the # of the chain are still unknown, but just keep at it and eventually you should find one.
(Jan 3, 2015, 10:22 AM)Vexian Wrote: if you dex nav chain, you will know if you broke your chain or not by paying attention to the level of the pokemon you encounter. Ill list an example.

Chain #1-4 Pokemon level is 10
Chain #5 Pokemon level is 20
Chain #6-9 Pokemon level is 11
Chain #10 Pokemon level is 21
Chain #11-14 Pokemon level is 12

So there is a clear pattern to the level of the pokemon and where you are in the chain. Also, things that I have personally tested that DO NOT break the chain is going into your bag to use heal items, switching out pokemon, and of course the fainting a pokemon wont break the chain, but you can also catch a pokemon to continue the chain if you run out of moves, or find a pokemon with a nice egg move or Hidden Ability, I have also tested changing the lower screen App to use an O-Power and even that didnt break the chain. What does break the chain however is Running from a battle or while trying to sneak up on the pokemon and it runs away.

I would also like to mention that if you go to search for a pokemon (like your rosella for example) and the dex nav doesnt find one. and while trying to reset the dex nav another random pokemon shows up on the dexnav, if you encounter that pokemon and either faint or catch it, that WILL continue your chain.

I hope this helped clarify things for you, and good luck with that shiny hunt. Using this method i've caught 2 shiny Bunearys in the safari zone, and my chain was 130 on the first chain and 84 on the second, so there is still a random chance to encounter a shiny, and the odds of finding one in relation to the # of the chain are still unknown, but just keep at it and eventually you should find one.

Thanks a lot! I also heard after your chain has hit 100 the levels of pokemon will reset back to level 10 and increasing as your chain goes on but that also does not break your chain it's just that was the level cap for pokemon on the dex nav is when you hit 100 on your chain. I believe I'm somewhere in the 300's because the levels has reset 3 times so far. I'm just getting worried because this is the longest dex nav chain without a shiny I have seen :/
Yeah, i forgot to mention that part, the level does reset after 100, so #101 will be back down to level 10.
Update: currently on my 408th chain, Would it be because I don't have a shiny charm?