Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Japanese Global Link Annoucement
(Aug 9, 2015, 07:46 AM)naitre Wrote: ... perhaps it's related to the save files being uploaded to Datel's servers? Who knows. I'll need to speak with more players, since I haven't used Powersaves myself.

Perhaps the Powersave leaves a fingerprint on the cartridge, it may modify the firmware or leave a portion of its own code that can't be delete, and when Nintendo reads the game, it detects an anomaly in the coding. Who knows!
(Aug 9, 2015, 07:35 AM)naitre Wrote:
(Aug 9, 2015, 04:35 AM)SjoerdDN Wrote: My ratings got deleted though, but I don't powersave anything weird? Just edit legit mons. I'd honestly feel bad if this caused people to lose their save data. But either way I got 'caught' by the system without HP Fighting Cresselia and stuff.

You're the sixth person I've heard of having their ratings removed after mostly innocent Powersaves usage. I'm starting to think that there is a way to tell if users have Powersaved, but I can't be sure. If any of you guys who powersave could report here about your rating, it would be really great. If you aren't comfortabke publicly posting it, feel free to PM me. I'll keep your secret safe, I'm just curious to know about it for research purposes.

Previous season between 1600-1700, this season was mostly goofing around with new creative mons to see what worked, so not suspiciously high, I think low 1500s. Not a reason to remove the ratings I'd say. I wonder if resetting my gamecard would prove to be effective though, new save?
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
After catching up in the thread I figured I'd post my current findings and yeah it looks like my ratings were deleted as well and it was only like high 1500s/low 1600s. I don't really care too much about it in all honesty but still i had only just used it innocently whether it's cloning for Wonder Trades, slight IV modifications for certain Hidden Powers and I dunno if like getting max cash would count but still. I just hope it doesn't affect anything when I go play in the side events at Worlds.
Although I intended to Keep my Alpha Sapphire cart clean, I may have broken that rule. Although I don't remember.
I still have a record on battle spot, however low it might be.
I haven't been Online since the announcement, so we'll see if my rating gets wiped after going online. It might take a few days to see what happens.
i think naitre's right as tbh it would be possible to work out if u edited the save file of your game in some way so it's likely they are using that as a more extreme way to catch cheaters than previously. Worlds could be interesting this year if its as strict as its looking atm
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Yeah I'll test to see if there's any accuracy in Naitre's advice and will report back with my findings
One thing I noticed was that if I edited a pokemons to a hidden ability then evolved it, it would revert back to the original ability. so there might be some data that can detect whether it was edited by power saves in terms of abilities / IVs.
Can someone (me) who has powersaved on their game cart still play in rating battles? Is it only the rating on the PGL website that gets removed or is a powersaver, like myself, going to be stuck at a permanent rating of 1500 (assuming that you can play in ratings battles)?

NOTE: I do not go to any competitions. I play causally and just like to be able to play be VGC rules (hence I prefer to play rating battles - doubles)
(Aug 11, 2015, 07:27 AM)Strandmy1 Wrote: Can someone (me) who has powersaved on their game cart still play in rating battles?  Is it only the rating on the PGL website that gets removed or is a powersaver, like myself, going to be stuck at a permanent rating of 1500 (assuming that you can play in ratings battles)?

NOTE: I do not go to any competitions.  I play causally and just like to be able to play be VGC rules (hence I prefer to play rating battles - doubles)

Its unclear atm but i expect the punishment for previous offenders was rating wipes and future offences could be rating battle bans etc but until we get more information on it we don't know for definite.

My advice if your worried is ask some of the breeders around to breed you a team and use a cartridge that hasn't been powersaved on. that way its minimal time investment for you but still lets you play rating battles but from the looks of it, game freak have gotten fed up with being the cycling of the competitive gaming world and are trying to stamp it out.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
"Its unclear atm but i expect the punishment for previous offenders was rating wipes and future offences could be rating battle bans etc but until we get more information on it we don't know for definite.

My advice if your worried is ask some of the breeders around to breed you a team and use a cartridge that hasn't been powersaved on. that way its minimal time investment for you but still lets you play rating battles but from the looks of it, game freak have gotten fed up with being the cycling of the competitive gaming world and are trying to stamp it out."

Does that mean if you have powersaved once and you continue to play online with that cart it's counted as an offense each time?

Can I powersave on my X game (i never play online with that one) and never again powersave on my AS game and be ok? (I'll stop all powersave activity on my AS cart and cross my fingers.)

Or is it once a cart has had any powersave activity on it in it's past it's done-zo for good? Does anyone who has powersaved on all their game carts (like me) have to restart or buy an new cart to continue to play competitively?

I don't care if my rating doesn't show up on the PGL. I've never hit 1700 anyway.