Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Japanese Global Link Annoucement
I have experienced the same thing. I can still battle online yet I can't find myself on the pokemon global ladder. The "My Ranking" button is unavailable. My guess is they understand the concern about receiving hacked pokemon without knowing so they are only punishing those who have their cartridge edited.

Does any want to try and see if just using edited legit pokemon wouldn't trigger anything? I'll trade a powersave edited mon to you and see if the rankings is still there after using it to battling online. There is risk in it ofc.
(Aug 4, 2015, 10:47 AM)evilsabre Wrote: ... I highly doubt this will catch 100% legitimate genned Pokémon ...

True.

However, they can simple ban your game if they detect a Powersave. Why bother by checking Pokemon by Pokemon while they can simply ban your entire game. I am not saying delete their game, because that is personal information, doesn't belong to Nintendo/Pokemon, but at least ban your game, ban your real name (+ real info) from that event, and auto bans for the next year at any Pokemon event. Heck, even blacklist them and ban that particular game from getting Link Event Pokemon.

At least it would force cheaters from purchasing the game twice, they would have to make sure to use a clean game, and import all power saves via PokeBank.

This is just my lousy idea, but I am sure that Pokemon/Nintendo has better and more powerful ideas, the problem is that I don't think they ever implement them, they may be scared of the revenue consequences.
I think it is relevant that the same message was posted to the English PGL website. The message is cryptic as one might expect.

So, All of those Hoopa on WT (obvious hacks cuz legit ones can't WT) Would that kind of stuff ban me from online play just sitting in my box? These are the questions I wish they would just come out and say.
(Aug 7, 2015, 03:53 PM)Snowpoint Wrote: I think it is relevant that the same message was posted to the English PGL website. The message is cryptic as one might expect.

So, All of those Hoopa on WT (obvious hacks cuz legit ones can't WT) Would that kind of stuff ban me from online play just sitting in my box? These are the questions I wish they would just come out and say.

Isn't Hoopa legally available now? At least in Japan, I thought they distributed it along with the Movie release.
Just having one sitting in your box shouldn't affect you
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/fc...fc4286804b
(Aug 8, 2015, 08:30 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/fc...fc4286804b

This is why no one is scared, but there not gonna stop.... they havent even noticed pkhex i bet... lmao
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Aug 8, 2015, 08:30 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/fc...fc4286804b

So you're telling me that people have finally learned to hack in a game as air tight as Pokemon?!?!

These are certainly scary times we live in.
(Aug 8, 2015, 09:23 AM)PKPatriot56 Wrote:

So you're telling me that people have finally learned to hack in a game as air tight as Pokemon?!?!

These are certainly scary times we live in.

You and me.... We are the only ones who understand OneHand
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
My ratings got deleted though, but I don't powersave anything weird? Just edit legit mons. I'd honestly feel bad if this caused people to lose their save data. But either way I got 'caught' by the system without HP Fighting Cresselia and stuff.
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
(Aug 9, 2015, 07:35 AM)naitre Wrote: ... I'm just curious to know about it for research purposes.

I am curious about your findings... What do you think that will happen to people that have genned and Powersaved Pkmn that were not the culprit and got their Pkmn via trades, WT, GTS, Local, WiFi, etc?